Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

S O M E T H I N G P R I M I T I V E

• Auteur de la discussion psychoknot
  • Date de début
P

psychoknot

Invité
[youtube]V2EKHSRSg74[/youtube]

WARNING: This video has been identified by Epilepsy Action to potentially trigger seizures for people with photosensitive epilepsy. Viewer discretion is advised.

For clearest experience watch video in HD.

Something Primitive Is an an abstraction produced via mixed medias, pa
rticularly unadulterated and also synthesized sounds, and modified and also unmodified video footage.

Something Primitive is a piece about rebirth; resetting the compass. The video takes the viewer through a trip: First they're a human being, then they are acquainted with psilocybin mushrooms - then they are inside the center of information. This is a theoretical place that goes by many names (as it exists universally) - the dimensions of time and
space do not affect it. Any way - you've found your self in the middle of it all and you decide to reset your compass; reorganize every thing. The quote "wit cho punk ass, bitch ass nigga" is in place to symbolize a dip in the pool of obscenities. When the experiencer is in this situation they are more than likely rather frustrated - leading them to feel the need to have to defend themselves (from who?) within a shell of angst and apprehension. The final scene is a depiction of universal freedom - the vocables represent a new language of primal quality; the elevator symbolizes a portal that moves beings (physically of otherwise) to a higher plain, the reupholstered visualizations are there to depict a new way of looking at, understanding, and organizing things.

The audio is comprised exclusively of a few quotes that I manipulated in the C-Sound program Cecilia, and also purely synthesized sounds (such as the "auto-dialers" that begin sounding at 1:25). I organized the sound in ProTools before setting video to it.
The resonance overdrive is intended to discomfort and alarm the viewer. I
have presented that as an exercise in patience, and adapting; the listener must ask it's self why does that bother me? Is there anything I can find in that interest me? Could I adapt to these sounds enough to experience them every day? Why haven't I adapted to these frequencies and aural (dis)pleasures?

My nudity is present to represent primitivism; it is a symbol of what was (among the plains of Africa thousands of years ago) and also what is (true).

DIsclaimer: although the material in the piece may appear similar to something experienced during a psychedelic trip, it is by coincidence of one's experiences
and the way they relate that to the material. None of it was created with the purpose of representing it.

Words:

My minds is a vessel for thoughts. Whose thoughts? Their thoughts.

The mushrooms will help you reset - they'll show you whats available.

You're gonna havta explore your subconscious a little more than that if you're ever going to learn anything.

Wit cho punk ass, bitch ass nigga!

O the vast avenues of the holy land the terraces of the temple [credit for this quote: Arthur Rimbaud: Les Illuminations: Lines: I; translated by Wyatt Mason]

I dedicate this piece to the
life and work of Terence Mckenna