Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

[Resource] An introduction to psychedelic therapy

• Auteur de la discussion newscience
  • Date de début
N

newscience

Invité
I created the following resource so that people would have a socially acceptable way to introduce their friends and coworkers to the value of psychedelics. This page covers:

- The latest research on the medical use of psychedelics. (PTSD, cluster headaches, end-of-life anxiety, etc.)
- People talking about how psychedelic use has improved their lives in general
- Essential information on safety and best practices

http://www.squidoo.com/psychedelic-therapy

Suggestions welcome!

MichaelVipperman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Août 2011
Great collection of resources! Creating a socially acceptable resource is a large part of my current project as well.

Having just put this collection together, were there any gaps in the literature you noticed? I'm on a one article a week schedule and can write on whatever. I'm sitting on a decent sized pile of original material... how best to direct it at the moment, do you think?

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
How does seeing things that aren't real change someone?

This is perhaps the biggest misconception about psychedelic therapy. While LSD and psilocybin do sometimes cause people to hallucinate, this is only one small part of the psychedelic experience. The real value is in how the drugs change your thinking. Here is one description:

"What is the psychedelic experience? For me it's the full and overwhelming realization of all the beauty, love, and pain, the wonder and possibility, of the human experience. For the first time you see your life truly objectively, what's going wrong, and what's going right. You grasp and grapple with how you can do better, and you are overcome by the newfound desire to strengthen your community, your relationships, and your karma. And so it proceeds for the next 4 to 6 hours.

And as the raw intensity of the experience fades, it leaves behind this lasting sense of optimism, hope, and strength, a sense that something essential has been renewed, replenished, and maybe even reborn. Above all you're left with a need to make things better, to help others, and to improve your life. And at last you have the strength and vigor you need, without which action was not possible.

The morning after taking LSD it's not uncommon for people to re-enroll in school, restart their job search, or reunite with old friends. There is this sense that whatever was holding us back is dead, we've come to terms with it, and now the power is back in our hands.

It's an experience that will shake your faith in society while simultaneously restoring your faith in yourself, the meaningfulness of existence, and your ability to make a difference." —Anonymous

^awsome and perfect.