Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Resistant against salvia?

• Auteur de la discussion bazola
  • Date de début
B

bazola

Invité
Hello everyone, ive been browsing this website a while but this is my first time posting.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this. After much experimentation I just seem to be resistant to the effects of salvia.

Ive tried salvia in different forms over the last couple of years, those being smoking dried leaves, extracts of 5x 10x 15x and 20x, and sublingualy in liquid form.

From my understanding of what a breakthrough is, ive had a couple of experiences where I had a combination of not understanding simple things, seeing low intensity visuals (ie my keyboard was splitting in two and recombining), feeling like i was dreaming, feeling like i was part of the music. All of these more intese feelings were from a recently purchased batch of fresher salvia extract, although im not sure the higher strenght extracts in this batch really were more potent.

Anyway the peak of effects usually happen after a second hit, im primarily smoking out of a glass bowl although both a steamroller and bong produced effects similar in intensity. After this point I can just keep smoking salvia if I want and the effects are similar to marijuana but not as intense as the first peak.

Out of this same batch I had a friend of mine try salvia for the first time, and after he took two hits of the 5x he want totally out of his head, was crawling on the floor, and couldnt really communicate for maybe three minutes, and didnt remember any of this. Im glad I was trip sitting, but aftrer my experiences I thought that this level of intensity was just myth. (its not!)

Im torn because although I think that an experience like that would be spirituatlly and intellectually valuable to me, he wouldnt want to try salvia again after that, and I could smoke it every day like weed. I guess what Im asking is whether anyone has a similar resistance to salvia, or if i should be using different methods to achieve more intense effects.

Gaelin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2006
Hi bazola...seems no one has any insight to offer on this matter.....

It could be that your natural brain chemistry makes you resistant to the salvia molecule...not sure what neuro-transmitters the molecule binds to, but maybe your brain is particular in this case...

Also could be that you naturally have access to what Salvia has to offer, which would make salvia medicine redundant. I was given Valium for a recent back injury, and they did absolutely nothing for me...

Another thought - if the plant teachers have their own agenda's in terms of educating the human mind, perhaps your lessons are to be learnt elsewhere? Perhaps Salvia is closing the door for a reason?

Just wondering out loud...have a great day :)

(ps: what other entheogens have you tried?)

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Salvia has reverse-intolerance.

Meaning, the more often you try, the more sensitive you get to it.

Besides that.

I believe you cannot do an extraction on Salvia with aceton, as the working substance is a deterpin and not an alkaloid.

Dev.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I though I was resistant to Salvia untill I packed a bowl with half a gram of 10x, smoked that, while holding the smoke I put anther quarter gram in and smoked that as well. I've never found courage to smoke it again.

Gaelin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2006
Hi Antirem....it doesn't sound like you've found your threshold dose yet....

Also, Salvia is quite a strange introduction to psychedelics in general, why do you choses this plant rather than LSD or shrooms? The thing with Salvia is that it works with the part of your mind that is switched on already. When I first tried Salvia, it had been after many years of other psychdelic experiences, which allowed me to percieve the Salvia in a way that an 'uninitiated' mind might not...

Perhaps it's time to approach one of the other plant teachers? (I would definitely recommend magic mushrooms - low dosage - as a gentle and enjoyable introduction to the realms of spirit-mind)

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Are you holding your hits in for 30 seconds? As soon as you exhale take another large hit for 30seconds. It took me a while for it to hit me too. I started with 20x and smoked a whole gram. Then I got a gram of 10x and it finally hit me. So it might take a gram of good stuff to hit your breakthrough :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I personally don't care for the stuff but it's all about source. Blue Sticky sounds a little suspect. I'd tell you if you want the real experience, you need to smoke extract enhanced leaf. I've also tried plain dried leaves and got the same effect you described; dizzy, off balance. I got a free bag recently as a gift from IamShaman.com when I made a large order. It was labeled 5x and was way more potent than any 15 or 20x I've bought from a head shop. I've still got half of it left because it's too damn intense.

Gaelin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2006
Gaelin a dit:
For some reason I find this very interesting although I do not understand exactly what you mean. Could you elaborate please?

Salvia is a dissociative drug (meaning that the body is 'offline' for a while - see the wikipedi definition - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative)

It's different from most other entheogens in that way.

In a dissociated state the mind is 'out of body', and can encounter very different modes of reality/consciousness. For someone who hasn't explored consciousness very much, it can be difficult to understand/experience the information that is encoded in these other states, especially since it is not being percieved through the known sensory inputs.

The 'part of your mind that is switched on already' is the part of your mind that already functions beyond the standard modes of consciousness.

It is a theory of mine that the more psychospiritually practiced one is, the more one can recieve and integrate information and spirit-mind experience.

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
It is a theory of mine that the more psychospiritually practiced one is, the more one can recieve and integrate information and spirit-mind experience.
This seems true but it can't be the only reason. A lot of people with a lot of spiritual experience don't feel anything from salvia..
I am very sensitive to salvia. What can be the difference between people feeling or not feeling at all? Maybe it has to do with the way we dream? I have very vivid dreams from time to time, waking dreams. Maybe it has to do with the amount of oxygen in our blood? I hold my breath for as long as i don't feel any effect (shortage of oxygen is also a dissocative isn't it?)

btw: I tried salvia in combination with lsa, alcohol and/or weed. This can 'open' your mind to salvia.

Gaelin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2006
Well Antirem....expanding your mind is a noble quest :)

Are you wanting to expand spirit too? Then you need time and space. Even though Salvia only lasts for a few minutes, if you do manage to have a breakthrough experience, you will need time afterwards to process it. Also time before to prepare for it. To set up a safe and clean and sacred environment. It can be a highly emotional experience. Almost like an initiation, or a rite of passage.

I wouldn't suggest fitting your first trip into a busy timetable...your spirit mind is going to need time to integrate all it's seen!

Gaelin

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Sept 2006
A clearing by a river sounds like an amazing place :) anywhere that feels relaxed and safe is good...

And concerning your 'spirit'...well I guess you will learn more about that as you explore :wink:

Safe journeys,

beyerun

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Salvia has reverse-intolerance.

Meaning, the more often you try, the more sensitive you get to it.

Dev.

I'll have to second that. One good hit is all it takes me and I'm out of my body in another place. 20x is all I've ever tried.

You have to just be able to let go. If you are too hung up you'll snap back out of it too fast.

Noise and distraction are not what you want.

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
Y have doing salvia years ago without any breakthrough experience, some energy feeling moods, but nothing more. Yesterday My 10X 20X and 30X arrived, I took 2 large hits 10X, then 1 hit 20X then 1 hit 30X, I didn't know what happening, but no breakthrough experience. I vaped some weed afterwards and it was like it was coming, but still no breakthrough... I think today I'll try the 30X only, as much as I can hold down, we'll see, I do it in a spiritual context.

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
Okay, 2 tokes from the 30X and I didn't know who I was, where I was or what I was, I don't have en explication, but the force coming from the East (as confirmed by the mazatec indians, you need to face the east). The force was much stronger then yesterday it blew me away. I think the problem was that I had my eyes open and couldn't let go, my ego resisted it. I felt as I was the wall of my house trying to communicate to the other wall of my house (this is the hard part, I'm not sure but it is a sort of an explication). There were feelings of fear and déjà vu. When I came back my wife said, it was your ego resisting, take another hit. At first my ego resisted, but I did it finally and after 20 seconds holding I closed my eyes. I saw patterns and saw a tunnel, somehow the one that I see when I meditate, with green flashes, but the salvia tunnel was more geometrically. (It felt like I was on a rollercoaster) and the rollercoaster turned tot the right. Then I felt the strong presence of the salvia spirit, and finally it felt very good, at this point I was laughing and saying according to my wife "the salvia spirit is strong, very strong", as we were connected, I hope my next experience will be a communication with the spirit. At the beginning of the trip my wife said I was standing and saying a sort of spike was coming out of the ceiling. I don't recall any of this information.

I certainly will do it again, but I need some time now.

Another tip to make the salvia more effectif, smoke some cannabis first (but not to much) and close your eyes. If it doesn't work, take more potent salvia. If 30X does'nt work, there exists 40X, so why not buy this one. Terrence Mckenna said: if it didn't work, double the dose...

1/10 of a gram 30X was the exact dose and I did 3 hits with it with a bong filled with water (and holding every hit 20-30 seconds)

Have respect for this powerfull plant and don't put stupid video's about it on youtube... This will cause they make the plant more illegal in more states and countries. In Belgium it is also illegal, but I don't give a damn. I ordered it from a shop in Amsterdam, they send it but it is on my own risk...