Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Researching, taking notes, processing information, learning

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
I just want to know some of your guy's methods??

Generally I like to jot down any concept that's written/spoken so I can further my understanding by using it as a reference for research, or just to remember.

And also jot down/highlight main thoughts and claims.

But I feel like if I learned a little bit and got the chance to investigate into others modes of thinking I could do these things more efficiently.

I don't really know how to adequately explain how I feel about this subject... but sometimes all I can say is it confuses and frustrates the living hell out of me.

Sometimes I honestly just think too damn much, and it's as if when I read I'm just generating randomness in my head rather then learning, and the process is so time consuming.

Like let's pretend that instead of this post being my own writing, it's an article I'm reading or something (any information really) my note process would go as this for it:

methods
general principle of
concept
what is a concept? philosophy
writing
sumerians, importance of, favorite works
speech
linguistics, science of
understanding
what is consciousness? thought? epistemology, knowledge, philosophy
references
the book "making ideas happen", what's the use of having references?
research
methods
modes of thoughts
subjects
list of every subject
randomness
chaos

Now this is just a trivial forum post, and I generally probably wouldn't take notes on it, but that is just an example into my thinking. With actual books it's like full blown fucking chaos in my mind. Every word and concept is like node into new thoughts.

It's like a double edged sword, it sometimes disturbs the flow of information and distracts me from even finishing the reading. But if I don't take notes I feel like nothings really happening and I remember little, and never any of the cool concepts/combinations of words that I like (ex. rift of consciousness, new paradigm, galactic timer... shit like that.) I feel like it's so god damn hard to balance, I can't constantly be writing, because there's so much. But I can't just read a book and not take notes and still feel like I concretely learned something.

so yeah... if any one could help me out in my complex little issue that would be great.

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
It is really quite simple, perhaps to simple to see sometimes.

Read a page and write one line of notes. Max. Stay close to the text and don't drift off.

Have a separate notepage for your own ideas that you want to remember but not need to explore now.

In order for you to understand something, you have to pay close attention, don't try to make it fit with everything you think/know/experience.

Philosophers use the words 'suspended disbelief'.

A good book is like trying on a new pair of glasses and seeing the world in a different way.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I usually take information in via other people's speeches. Hence I like college - I can sit there and listen and be good at it.

I cannot read a text book. It doesn't work, all I get out of it is a doctoral teacher that is trying to describe information in the most unbiased way possible without any real strive - get as much information between covers as possible. Good for reference, shitty for reading.

The way I learn is I get into a mindset where I want to learn. I need to learn. I get prepped for a blank mind ready to be written down on. Then I dive in. I go everywhere. I examine every thought.

After about 1 hour or so I will widdle down, my thoughts will become cloudy and slow and I'll stop. Then I'll draw, meditate, listen to music or something, then go at it again.

Taking notes DOES solidify information. You take it in then spit it out - > you mastered it.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
that's a main reason why i generally prefer reading things on the computer. that way, if i come across a new topic, i just pop open a new tab and explore. sometimes ill need to pop open a new tab on top of that one as well (and on top of that one, and on that one, and the next. sometimes i can't handle going too deep, but sometimes my mind is very thirsty... :tonqe: ). what helps is not forgetting about the original page :lol: . so long as you are trying to tie it all to the original page, getting lost in it all can be beneficial.

i've had multiple day long excursions into topics with a tab and window count between 10-20 or so... just gotta sleep the computer and whittle away at it when you have time. funny to see others going through this issue too :p . when not at a computer though i try to just limit my notes to one word, or the topic itself. i try not to get too specific as to draw away from the flow of conversation/material.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Allusion a dit:
i've had multiple day long excursions into topics with a tab and window count between 10-20 or so...

I love when motivation gets that strong