Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Replace Ethyl to Methyl

bravowhiskey

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Avr 2014
Hi guys,

I ordered some Ethylphenidate from an RC shop recently. And I would like to know if there is a way to transform it to methylphenidate (educational purposes only).

I heard that Methylphenidate is converted into Ethylphenidate by a process called Esterification, when Ethanol is co-ingested with Methylphenidate in the blood stream. But since Methyl is CH3 and Ethyl C2H5, it means that we have to remove the carbon (and the two hydrogen on it) to get done?

But how can we do it in real life?

Do you know a simple way to do it?

It's just for educational purposes of course.

Thanks in advance.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Uh? reports indicate that ethylphenidate is a better stimulant than methylphenidate, but I don't think there's a way to replace ethyl with methyl. If you're thinking of co ingesting ethylphenidate with methanol, BAD IDEA! Methanol is HIGHLY poisonous.

bravowhiskey

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Avr 2014
I know about methanol of course I won't do that.

But I rode that ethylphenidate has better affinity with dopamine transporter but less affinity with norepinephrine and it's more efficient when both dopamine and norepinephrine concentration are high together than only dopamine.

That's why I would like to convert it into methylphenidate.

And because I tested both molecule, EPH has more "empathy" than MPH, but MPH is better for school purpose since we have more "attention" than "felling well"

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
bravowhiskey a dit:
I know about methanol of course I won't do that.

But I rode that ethylphenidate has better affinity with dopamine transporter but less affinity with norepinephrine and it's more efficient when both dopamine and norepinephrine concentration are high together than only dopamine.

That's why I would like to convert it into methylphenidate.

And because I tested both molecule, EPH has more "empathy" than MPH, but MPH is better for school purpose since we have more "attention" than "felling well"

You can try stacking ethylphenidate with dimethylamylamine. Dimethylamylamine(DMAA, geranamine) activate norepinephrine, adrenaline, and to a pretty small extent, dopamine. Since DMAA affects mostly norepinephrine and adranaline, I assume it would stack well with ethylphenidate. Maybe ethylphenidate goes well with 20mg or 25mg of DMAA. It's a good idea to keep the DMAA dose small and then from there gauge your tolerance of it. I plan to cycle my DMAA. A few days on it and a few days off of it.

bravowhiskey

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Avr 2014
Where can I find DMMA, on RC Shop?

If I put my EDP powder in methanol and then let it evaporate, will it works?

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Heating with methanol will not do anything. DMAA can be bought as a supplement. The nootropic stack can be improved even further with phenylpiracetam.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
bravowhiskey a dit:
Hi guys,

I ordered some Ethylphenidate from an RC shop recently. And I would like to know if there is a way to transform it to methylphenidate (educational purposes only).

I heard that Methylphenidate is converted into Ethylphenidate by a process called Esterification, when Ethanol is co-ingested with Methylphenidate in the blood stream. But since Methyl is CH3 and Ethyl C2H5, it means that we have to remove the carbon (and the two hydrogen on it) to get done?

But how can we do it in real life?

Do you know a simple way to do it?

It's just for educational purposes of course.

Thanks in advance.

There's a way to make a longer lasting analogue of methylphenidate. Since Ethylphenidate happens to be an ethyl ester of a carboxylic acid, ethyl esters of carboxylic acids are susceptible to grignard reagents. An excess of ethylphenidate can react with ethylmagnesium bromide in tetrahydrofuran to yield methylpheniclone. The dose range of methylpheniclone is said to be between 10mg to 40mg.
Voir la pièce jointe 15296

OhMonDupieux

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Jan 2015
I found this who could interest you, I didn't wrote that so I could not answer questions about the process, but it might be helpfull:

Procedure:
Creating ritalinic acid from Ethylphenidate:

1. For every 100mg ethylphenidate, add 1mL (1000mg) of water. Then add HCl, about 20mg HCl (pure). Calculate for solution (29% HCl -> about 60mg HCl). Adding more HCl will speed up the reaction process, but you risk burning your product when evaporating the water.
2. Let the solution sit for about 20h @ 40°C. Let the solution evaporate at the mean time. This temperature is needed for a higher yield (the ethanol that comes free evaporates, shifting the reaction in the production of ritalinic acid). Focus on the liquid and add water to it when it comes to low. Do this for about 4h and then you can put a cap on it so it doesn't evaporate anymore, and do the remaining 16h's.

3. Extracting the ritalinic acid: Slowly add NaOH to the solution to neutralize the HCl. The concentration is critical. To less and there will be HCl left in the solution, to much and your ritalinic acid will convert to freebase. So aim for a little HCl left in solution. See how much HCl you added, then add an slightly less then equal amount of NaOH (in molar)
So 20mg pure HCl (=0,55mMOL) -> less then 22mg NaOH. 15 is fine. You will hear a sissing sound.

4. Continue to evaporate the solution at 40°C. When coming to an near end, let the solution continue to dry @ room temperature. This b/c the remaining HCl could become to concentrated and 'attack' the product. Slow evaporation allows the HCl to evaporate with it.

5. Collect your ritalinic acid.

Converting ritalinic acid to methylphenidate:

1. For every 100mg of ritalinic acid, add 1000mL methanol and 20mg pure HCl. If u use HCl in an aqua solution, there will be water in the solution, reducing yield. But there is a way around this.

2. Set the temperature of the liquit @ 40°C. Important is here that the temperature does not go higher, or HCl will react with Methanol, creating more water, reducing yield. Let the solution evaporate. And continue to add Methanol to it to so the solution won't dry out. Water will evaporate with the methanol, so - by adding methanol - the water % will go down, increasing yield.

3. Do this for about 20h. Longer if you have a lower temperature (room temp = 72h). After 4h @ 40°C the conversion is 88% complete.

4. Extraction. Let the methanol evaporate till there is approx 50% left. (no more then 40°C!! use vacuum for faster evaporation)
Then add double this amount of isopropyl alcohol.
Isopropyl alcohol is here the anti-solvent, forcing the Methylphenidate out of solution.
Let it evaporate, and when it's at 50% again, add more isopropyl alcohol. The methanol (solvent) will evaporate more quickly then the isopropyl alcohol b/c of the lower boiling point.
When it's at 50% again, put the solution into the freezer. (2°C or lower = good). This will force more Methylphenidate out of solution.

5. Filter the liquid. This step did not work very well for me, as my filter wasn't good, and the amount of powder (260mg) was low. So use a good filter! Not a coffee filter!
Collect the residue. Let it dry.
If you want it more pure, wash with isopropyl alcohol or acetone.

Note:
Very bad (and destroying your product) is fast evaporation of the solution with HCl present. Concentration of HCl will increase, and your product will burn. It will become grey/green/black.. Should be pure white to little yellow.

EDIT: For all those interested:
I used pH paper this time, to set the pH between 1 - 2. I used lots of water. During the evaporation, I monitored the pH. When it dropped to low, I added a drop of NaOH to increase the pH. After 20h I neutralized the pH (to about 4-5, so it's slightly acidic).
Then I let it fully evaporate. This time, the product isn't yellow, it's pure white. Looks lots better then before.
So before, I allowed the acid to become more concentrated during evaporation. And this must of caused a damage to the product..
Product still worked, but I guess at less potency then the batch I'm going to have now

impossible

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Jan 2015
Hydrolyse the ester(as shown in previous post) to get an acid(ritalinic acid) and alcohol(ethanol.)

Isolate the ritalinic acid, if you spend enough time on google etc. you should be able to find out how.

Perform esterfication with isolated ritalinic acid and methanol. Again, googling will probably give relevant procedure. Check the patents database, it's a commercially produced chemical so there'll be tonnes of patents on production methods.