Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Recommendations: Best Psilocybin Mushroom Field Guide

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Any recommendations? I'm looking for color photos and detailed descriptions. I also want to know which mushrooms grow where and if they have any poisonous twins. :D

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide is the best one I have came across. Please be careful when picking mushrooms.

peace & love

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Thanks. It does seem to be the most popular.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
user_1919 a dit:
Please be careful when picking mushrooms.

Make sure you are 100% certain what it is before you eat it. If you aren't and choose to eat it anyway you may end up paying the price.

Megalithix

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juin 2009
Many years back, my daughter and I were out gathering wild food n' stuff and came across a cluster of fine-looking mushrooms we hadn't seen before. They looked gorgeous and we were gonna have a nibble, but thought it best to err on the side of caution. Instead, we popped them in their own bag and, with all the other stuff we'd collected, took them home.

An hour or two later we spread our harvest of differing fungi and herbs on the floor and started through the ID-books to check on the ones we didn't know. After a few minutes, my daughter cried, "That's it daddy!" - pointing to the cluster we'd gathered.

I started reading the info (I've still got the book, which is indispensable!), which told: "Amanita phalloides...This is most deadly fungus known & despite years of detailed research into the toxins it contains, no antidtoe exists against their effects on the human body"!

After I'd finished blurting out various expletives, gazing at this bunch of deadly miniatures, incredibly impressed by their tiny powers, I went out and bought several colour photographic guide-books on the toxic plants of Europe and beyond. My daughter and I spent several years identifying the deadly and toxic plants and fungi. I can't recommend it highly enough! Nature has somed incredibly awesome deadly creatures scattering this wondrous planet of ours - and most of us seek to know so little about them.

My point here? Get the best photographic poisonous plant guides*, aswell as Stamet's Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World.

Cheers - Megalithix

* for Europe, get Woodward's Poisonous Plants; North's Poisonous Plants & Fungi, etc.