Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Ranks, people we need some help here !

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
We want to include some ranks in this forum but as a real community fits, we would reallly like to have your input. The amount of post for each rank will be based on the average posting here in this forum.

So if you have any good ideas We are all ears. About 8-10 ranks would be ok form beginnner to master and everything in between.

E

Entheomail

Invité
Something like:
New visitor / Silent stranger

Tryptonaut - Someone who trips just for fun (a good start but not the end goal)

Shaman - Achieves an altered state of consciousness through meditation, music, and hallucinogens.

Psychonaut - An experienced traveller through the mind, body and spirit!

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Tryptonaut - Someone who trips just for fun (a good start but not the end goal)

That would make my nickname a rank :shock:

Why would you choose it for someone who trips just for fun?
I made it up from "Tryptamine" and "Psychonaut" (it's "tryp" not "trip" for a reason!), I wouldn't call some just for fun tripper a "Tryptamine Psychonaut" :p

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I'd find it much cooler if one could use a personal subtitle to the nickname. Ranks based on post counts are pretty boring in my opinion.

Have a look at the doom9 video forums for example - everyone is free to choose a subtitle (or "rank") they want, and there are pretty funny ones. The best is "Doom9" himself (the founder of the site) who labelled himself "clueless n00b" which is pretty confusing for real noobs.

Let the forumites be creative and give them the freedom to write their own "rank" !!!!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
yeah. I just thought about it after reading the last post, but ranks are so "modern Western society". Ranks are used to suppres people, which is obviously not ideal. Free your ranks and the rest will follow.

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
I agree with you, but I think it is technically difficult in this phpBB forum to use your own rank. But we will look into it.

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
Why not ?
This can be funny (and everybody will understand that, as being guardian of the magic potion, my rank will immediately be the highest possible !!)
What ? You disagree ?
Ok, so I'll sell the secret receipe to the romans :wink:

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I do not think its a good Idea to make ranks..
some people will be making more "spam" posts just to get higher ranks..
believe me these people exist
its a bad idea and it wont bring anything good I tell ya

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
Well Prostoner, I guess you're right. I hadn't seen things that way.
I just tought that it could have been funny, but it's true that Net-freaks will certainly begin to spam-post only to get higher grade...
what a pity, ain't it ? :cry: