Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Question to heavy trippers ...

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I'm asking this to people who are doing 10 grams dried and up : did you start slowly or did you just go high right from the start?

Me myself I'm doing VERY slowly (nothing wrong with that), the main reason being that I've been on (mostly anti-depressant) medicins for the last 10 years, my current one being Zyprexa.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I don't think there are a lot of people who trip their first time with 10 grams dry :)
Start slowly with a responsible and respectfull attitude , and do what feels the best to you. Never pushing it up too fast with these things is the right way to my opinion. After several trips on 'low' doses, I did a 'very high' dose. At least, it was high for me. I'm, to my humble opinion, a very mental stable person, but things went quite wrong that evening.
Never drive too fast, tripping is really something what you have to learn.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
My first dosage was only 2 grams fresh which took me nowhere. Next time I'll be doing the equivalent of 3.5 grams fresh. I'm going to up the dosage with about 1 gram (1 ice cube) each time until I feel something.

I'm curious now :). If you care to tell, what went wrong, did you have a bad trip?

I'm also pretty stable mentally myself, but a bit on the pessimistic side. The medication I'm taking is just to relieve me of too much stress.

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
3 grams fresh is quite a low dosis. I don't know the treshold on mushrooms. Though I am pretty sure you need to look at the 7.5-10 fresh range to get the treshold dose.

G

Invité
Yeah but 10 grams fresh is getting you nowhere also.
30 grams fresh is a normal dose, but I don't know if anti-depressants could work on the downside of things.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
talking about dosage without saying which mushroom you're speaking of, is like talking about alcohol and not differenciate between vodka and beer...
ok as I guess it you're speaking about cubensis, but anyway...
it also depends if you fast before taking them...it will work better if you do
i'd say you can safely take 10gm of fresh cube without much happening...but everybody reacts differently...
I hope you're not taking the shrooms at the same time as your medic? better ask than be sorry..

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
WaseFraKa a dit:
ok as I guess it you're speaking about cubensis, but anyway...
Yeah I'm talking about cubensis.

it also depends if you fast before taking them...it will work better if you do
i'd say you can safely take 10gm of fresh cube without much happening...but everybody reacts differently...
I hope you're not taking the shrooms at the same time as your medic? better ask than be sorry..

I don't eat anything the day I take my shrooms, I only drink water.
I'm not taking any pills the day before and on the day itself.
And I'm starting so low because I don't know if my pills amplify/weaken the shroom's effects. It could go either way, but I'm playing it safe.

Tripping isn't really my thing yet, some mild hallucinations will do for now, just to get a feel of it all.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
BridgeUnder a dit:
My first dosage was only 2 grams fresh which took me nowhere. Next time I'll be doing the equivalent of 3.5 grams fresh. I'm going to up the dosage with about 1 gram (1 ice cube) each time until I feel something.

I'm curious now :). If you care to tell, what went wrong, did you have a bad trip?

I'm also pretty stable mentally myself, but a bit on the pessimistic side. The medication I'm taking is just to relieve me of too much stress.

2 grams fresh is way to low to feel even a little glimps of the trip-feeling It think. I think you can start safely with 15 gram fresh. My first portion was 20 grams fresh.

What went wrong that evening? I was together with a good friend of mine. His second time, my fourth time on mushrooms. We took each about 50 grams fresh. To summarize the whole story: My friend couldnt deal with his strong emotions, I tried to remind him constantly: '' dont forget YOU lead your own trip'' , '' We wil always wake up'' etc, but on that point things just did not reached him anymore. And on a certain point when I saw him laying 'dying' on the floor, A kind of switch flipped in MY head, and finally not HE but I forgot everything. Finally I was the one who sank so deeply. Its really strange how fast it can go, and how you can forget almost everything. At a certain point I didnt knew anymore what really was going on, but the only thing I knew was that I was going to die. And I searched for help on the streets, I saw the apocalyps coming (and going) (buildings crumbling down, people turning crazy). And at the the end I just surrendered to death and really experienced a form of dying. Leaving my body, becoming everything, looking back on life, but accepting it all as it was all a part kind of the game. The feeling of total surrender to death really is something I will never forget.
When I woke up the next morning I really couldnt believe this really happened. But the mess, the puke, the ambulance-gloves, and finally the telephone-call from my friend (damn I was happy to hear his voice) was the prove it wasnt a dream. One of the heaviest emotional experiences in my life.

So the point is we never must forget WE are the captain of this ship. It is possible, but we must also never forget that it has to be used with a responsible attitude and with the good insight and respect. So never fly to high, like Icarus :).
We can lead our trip. Its a test. And so is life. In the end everything is possible.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
20 grams fresh is pretty high still for a first time, I wouldn't go anywhere near that dose for at least the first 10 times.
The situation you've been in is just what I'm trying to avoid, at least until I'm much more experienced.

A question though : didn't the feeling of accepting your own death give you peace of mind? Realizing that NOTHING worse than this could ever happen to you?

I had an earth-shattering experience myself without any shrooms. It was as if I could've died if my mind didn't force myself "to go into life" again. I thought of it as a near-death experience. Here's what I wrote down about it the day after :

"During Monday night, August 26th to 27th at around 04:10 hrs (as I later found out), I was in my bed, in the state between being awake and being asleep and was thinking random thoughts.
Suddenly, I thought of something very frightening (something enormous crashing on a town and destroying it) which scared me a lot (my heart skipped a beat) and suddenly I “sensed

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
BridgeUnder a dit:
20 grams fresh is pretty high still for a first time, I wouldn't go anywhere near that dose for at least the first 10 times.
The situation you've been in is just what I'm trying to avoid, at least until I'm much more experienced.

Yeah, but such a situation will not happen on 20 grams fresh/2 grams dried. Only thing that could alter the strength of the trip are your medications. Do you know how long it takes for them to be totally out of your system? If it's less then the two days you abstain from them, you would get basically a trip that 'normal' people would get. Then, 20 grams is a small dose. It will give you probably a level three trip (for an explanation on the various levels see this). A handy tool if you want to know how much can take you whereto is the shroomery's dosage calculator.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Forkbender a dit:
Do you know how long it takes for them to be totally out of your system? If it's less then the two days you abstain from them, you would get basically a trip that 'normal' people would get.

Really I have no idea. But I'm only taking a quarter of a pill, so maybe its effects shouldn't be too heavy.

Thanks for the links, I already read about the trip levels. I'd like to experience levels 1 and 2 first before going any further, I'm not in a rush.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
20 grams isn't much (to my opinion). my first time i did 30 and would have wanted that there were more shrooms to eat. but yeah everyone reacts different. but i would recomment you to take the first time at least 15 grams fresh.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I just took 3.5 grams now, still without any result.
I'm going to go for about 6 grams next time, I don't mind these failed attempts.

I deliberately want to avoid tripping for my first couple of tries.

scamie

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
23 Mai 2006
p. cubesis half a box= 15 grams fresh... is a nice srtart to get to know each other...
Learn to surrender to some emotionshifts and learn them to be part of the trip.
and to guide them.. then move up... after a few "low" doses to a higher dose say 30 grams fresh cubesis
I always found the lower doses more difficult to handle because you are with one foot in reality and the other foot in a other realty as you're usual.
those low doses can help you in the higher ones though.
Move up bit by bit.
I dont feel any affection with low dose anymore... at the end you want to learn more and need to dig deeper... yu know when you are ready!!
now take 8 gr dry/ or 50fresh.. moving up!!

c0sm1c_d4nc3r

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Avr 2006
BridgeUnder a dit:
I just took 3.5 grams now, still without any result.
I'm going to go for about 6 grams next time, I don't mind these failed attempts.

I deliberately want to avoid tripping for my first couple of tries.

Waste of shrooms imo. Do as ur told ffs!! :lol:

Take 15-20 grams of fresh mushrooms. I promise you that you will only get mild OEV's and CEV's. 2 grams of dried mushies are considered as a light (beginners dose) trip. I ate almost all of my shrooms from my first harvest and of course I got wasted but I was still in this world and I could function and communicate etc etc. Felt mostly like being stoned and some OEV's and CEV's. It was very nice. :)

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Well I'll do as I'm told ... by me. :)
I still have 1 shot for 9 grams, but I'm in no hurry.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
going slowly is never wrong! If you feel that's your way then you should walk that way!
People react differently to different amounts of shrooms, plus the shrooms can be of different strength.

At some level you might reach a point where you just feel confident enough to take more - and then you might end up thinking "oh my god, that was a bit too much now!" But don't be discouraged from such an experience. Slowly move further, you'll get accustomed to "the other side" more and more and you'll develop techniques to fight bad influences. If you're going way too far at once then you might get scared off forever, and that's not the point! Some people seem immune to bad trips - I am totally not, but still I managed to go pretty far without damage because I slowly tuned in to "the other side"
I even think I profitted from a bad trip once in a while because it makes me stronger mentally. I have developped techniques now to calm down and feel well that I can also use when not tripping, also the eventual fighting against a bad trip trains your mind to stand up against any depressive influences in everyday life.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
There are even people who take only ultra-lite doses, so there's nothing wrong with that either.
I'm just seeing all this as a newfound hobby I'm kinda (carefully) toying with.
Zen's your friend. :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
taking such low dosages really is a waste...
also a waste of your short time resistance for them
really I started with about 30 grams fresh, best trip I had
so the dosages u do now will not get u anywhere untill u try atleast 15 grams fresh for the mild hallucinations.. and then u really have to focus on this to get good visuals ( in my opinion and experience)
but do your thing ofcorse :)
good luck

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I've been on anti-depressants/anti-psychotics for over 10 years now, so maybe now you understand why I want to tread carefully ... :)