Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Question about LSD tolerance.

tablemanners

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Sept 2008
So, I had a trip a month ago. It was a great trip without going into to much detail.

My question is this: Will I be able to have another good trip on September 6 (so, 45 days after my last one) if I take half the dose of the former? I ask because I've never taken 2 trips so close.

Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Yeah. In fact there is no tolerance if you have been sober from it (sober from substances with a cross tolerance too) for about a month. Although you are in able to handle more and the mind will react more adapted (less mystical) if you're doing acid regulary.

The more you acid experiences you have had, the less visual it gets, and the more it turns out into a mind game.

If you want kiss the sky and taste the rainbow in a colourful world then once every half year is the way to go.

tablemanners

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Sept 2008
Yeah, I haven't taken anything since my last trip. What I usually do is not take anything through the winter (So, from Oct to April), and do 2 or 3 trips from May to Sept. I usually space them 2 months apart. This is my 3rd one this year (since May). I was worried with this one because of the dose reduction more than anything else.

So, basically, whichever dose you do, it takes the same amount of time for tolerance to stop being an issue?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
As it has been showed in many studies devoted to this topic, after a month the body and mind is back at it's natural baseline.

But it's very personal. Find out yourself.

Some freaks are spending 24 hours in a rollercoaster. Some went to a theme park and then there's no interest to return within an entire year. ;)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Instead of halving the dose why dont you double it ?

tablemanners

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Sept 2008
Well, I've already got it, and an additional friend wants to have some, so I'd really like to give him half my dose. And I can't get any more before Saturday, and that's the only time my place is empty. So, yeah :p

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I've been in exactly the same situation, tripped and a few weeks later I did a half blotter because a friend wanted to try the other half. I don't recommend it, I was extremely exhausted and grumpy the day after. I don't know if it has to do with the dosage, time between, .... or with the trip itself though.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Ok you guys can say I'm wrong, but I really don't think you gain a tolerance to acid. I think you just get used to being high on acid lol.... Like, you would get used to missing an arm or leg after a while ( a bit more extreme maybe, but yeah) I think your brain learns to use acid instead of scramble to understand it.

Lsd is close to serotonin, not as much so as mescaline, but your brain doesn't have to much of a problem using it as a communicator, unless you become frightened and scared of it.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
Ok you guys can say I'm wrong, but I really don't think you gain a tolerance to acid. I think you just get used to being high on acid lol....

Well if you do it within a day or two there is a physical tolerance. (Never done this tho i did do acid after mushrooms once and still tripped, but it was strange, not sure I'd want to do that again)

Beyond that, agreed. I think that's what brugs meant with saying it becomes less mystical if you do it too often. You just know and understand the effects, it loses a bit of the magic.. I also think people tend to do it frequently in a more recreational way... hence set/setting/intent.

Every 2-3 months or so is good for me... I've had periods of doing acid frequently (like every week or two) and I still enjoyed it a lot, but the moments of profundity in the trips were definitely reduced substantially.. those rare amazing moments like where time completely freezes/stops, all that starts to vanish from the trips. since the "magic" is a large part of the reason i like taking acid it's a huge incentive to just hold off and do it less (and its hard to find, too)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
You build up a physical tolerance so its best to wait a week or more between trips . I personaly think if someone wants to take a trip within a few weeks / a month of a trip he didnt have a real one in the first place . After loads of trips over the years you get used to it , its not new anymore and you know it .

G

Invité
My first post!! Pretty cool sounding board. Anyway, you can't dose two nights in a row. Very interesting. That proves to me it isn't the acid, but some psychobiological event that is taking place. Your brain/mind needs time to replenish something. Once a week is good for me! 8)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High EllisDee .

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
I dont want to be disappointed with my trip,so I wait for 2 of more weeks before I take anything.