Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Quantum Mechanics/Physics

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
Welcome to the weird world of quantum mechanics ^^
I recommend everyone reading this to 'get a hold of' the movie: what the bleep?! (extended version is "down the rabbit hole")

I personally love this stuff, its so weird yet interesting.

if u wanna have a quick peak at quantum physics:
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid= ... +mechanics
(what the bleep is 2-3 hours)

Is anyone here familiar with this stuff? This will change the future of science..

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
hey BombSki

We have viewed this movie, and found it quite interesting. From my recollection, it addressed many concepts that psychonauts wrestle with - linear time, the profound influence that our thoughts and actions possess and how they affect everything in our environment, etc.

The only negative aspect of the movie for me was discovering that the blonde woman expounding on many quantum physics theories was none other than the very bizarre and less-than-impressive J.Z. Knight ... who claims to receive all of her information via the channeled Ramtha ... a 35000 year-old spirit-warrior who appeared in JZ Knight’s kitchen in Tacoma, Washington in 1977...

I believe that I'm a pretty open-minded and accepting person, but this woman's claims go beyond my ability to remain unskeptical.
Unfortunately, her participation in the film cast a negative shadow over the rest of the participants' theories and opinions for me (i.e., appearing on film with J.Z. Knight destroys their credibility, in my mind), and removed a great deal of my initial excitement about what they had to say.

To each his/her own though ... despite the inclusion of Madam Bizarro, the film is still worth seeing :)

Fly Power!

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
Hmm, im not sure who you mean and im not really familiar with that spirit-story.
but the things they say on the movie are generally supported with scientific research, the problem is that its too big to understand it, and therefor there are more theories than facts. but these theories could very well be right.

I indeed think its interesting for psychonauts.. In our trip we experience time, space and ego being gone, which is the same as the 'grid' of electrons/probabilitiers we are at. This could also be called "The big consciousness" because we are all part of it.

In other words: Quantum physics could, scientifically, explain what we, psychonauts, already know.

G

Invité
Is this movie in theather right now ? Or is it possible to see/download it on the internet ?

florus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2006
i dont think it's anywhere in a cinema anymore, i saw it one or two years ago in a cinema..ofcourse this cinema wasn't the same kind of cinema where you can see the commercial movies..i did like the movie, but i would like to see ik again, becouse when i saw it, i couldn't understand everything, and i wasn't that interested..

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Sounds pretty interesting. Where can I watch it?

By the way I think physicists re-discover concepts that ancient shamans already had: different worlds and universes existing together at the same time. What modern science says today is sometimes even crazier than the most far-out spiritistic world view - that all makes the old shamanistic concepts much more realistic again, I think :)

G

Invité
tryptonaut a dit:
that all makes the old shamanistic concepts much more realistic again, I think :)

I totally agree with you, I even find it quite reassuring to think that it could be maybe proven that those concepts are more than the results of a fried brain :D

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Some comments at IMDB are also interesting to read although not very positive ;)

I think what the bleep is a very interesting movie but too much focussed in bringing it as scientific facts which they are not.

G

Invité
In Deeper in the rabbit hole they tell more about the scientific facts (at least that's what I've heard) but If people are really interested, they should see the Elegant Universe...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
In Deeper in the rabbit whole they tell more about the scientific facts (at least that's what I've heard) but If people are really interested, they should see the Elegant Universe...

O you dont need to convince me, I love 'what the bleep' personally and I dont have a problem with certain truths, being channeled. I mean, most quantum theory is poetry anyway so I dont see a problem with that.

G

Invité
HeartCore a dit:
In Deeper in the rabbit whole they tell more about the scientific facts (at least that's what I've heard) but If people are really interested, they should see the Elegant Universe...

O you dont need to convince me, I love 'what the bleep' personally and I dont have a problem with certain truths, being channeled. I mean, most quantum theory is poetry anyway so I dont see a problem with that.

True true... but a little more scientific info and background is interresting

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
I dont have a problem with certain truths, being channeled.

If you saw Mz Knight channelling Ramtha, you might just change your mind :wink:

A small sampling:
http://www.ramtha.com/ramthaTV/

On the other hand, if someone claimed to be channelling Einstein ... I'd be so much more receptive ... hhhmmm ... a double standard, I guess!
In the end, I suppose all concepts, ideas, and theories presented in this film should be considered fair ... if we could go back 60 years and tell the scientific community about some of our discoveries over the past 10 years, they'd lock us up and throw away the key, certain that we were hopeless lunatics :D

G

Invité
MzFly a dit:
... if we could go back 60 years and tell the scientific community about some of our discoveries over the past 10 years, they'd lock us up and throw away the key, certain that we were hopeless lunatics :D

Just go back 40 years and trip at woodstock!

But hahaha, we would deffinately be locked up, that's for shure.
'cause these ideas are dangerous for governments and regimes...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
'cause these ideas are dangerous for governments and regimes...

That's what they said about heliocentrism, but I still have to find the first power that isn't stronger now than it was when the earth was still the centre of the universe...

Ideas are only dangerous to governments if they are put into action and if they are directed against these governments. I don't think any of the ideas put forward in "What the fuck do we know?" are directed against any government, as far as I remember. Let alone that there are huge groups putting them into action as we speak. Correct me if I'm wrong.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I just watched the first part of the movie and I must say I would not have thought it was that good. It wasn't so much about quantum mechanichs than I thought, it was much more about entheogenic understanding of life.

Whatever you may think of the blond lady who is channeling some guy from atlantis, she said one thing that I think is very true: "god is within you" (=entheogen)

All I can say is that I know since I seriously took entheogenic drugs I have experienced more than a dozen times how reality changes due to my wishes. I am very serious that since I had serious entheogenic experiences, things happened in my life that I had thought were completely unrealistic to happen to me. Maybe that is because I had been a pessimist before, but nonetheless I must say the movie spoke from my heart. Btw for all those who say it tells scientific lies... what kind of science are you referring to? I couldn't find any science in that movie (except when quantum physics were mentioned at the beginning and the end)

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
i guess thats the problem, seems people want some more scientific backup instead of some spiritual talk ;)
but hey, theres a shitload of movies/documents/sites about the science behind quantum mechanics.
for example you could watch some of dr emoto's lectures, or just google video "quantum"

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
BombSki a dit:
i guess thats the problem, seems people want some more scientific backup instead of some spiritual talk ;)
but hey, theres a shitload of movies/documents/sites about the science behind quantum mechanics.
for example you could watch some of dr emoto's lectures, or just google video "quantum"

I dig both, spiritual and scientific. Thing with what the bleep for me was, spiritual talk presented as scientific facts. But I have no problem with the movie, I actually liked and like it a lot and my reply shouldnt be mistaken for bashing :)

Dr Emoto, is that the guy with the ice crystals? (googlin gnow)

I'm always a little sceptic about skepsis but here's a dutch article about the movie:
http://www.skepsis.nl/bleep.html

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
yeah hes the water-crystal dude^^
i wathced one of his lectures, it was kinda frustrating though because he doesnt speak english, and there was some woman translating everything after he said it.
subtitles would have been better :/

i had a quick look at the link you posted, but the 1st paragraph is kinda boring already. seems they dont have to say much good about the movie