Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psylocibe McKennaii

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Het schijnt een nieuwe soort te zijn. Erowid heeft er nog nooit van gehoord, maar De Sjamaan verkoopt ze wel.

Het enige waar ik ze op het internet op tegenkom is op fora, maar ze lijken helemaal niet onder die naam in het wild te groeien. Dus ik vraag me af: is de Psylocibe McKennaï wel de juiste benaming van deze paddestoel?

Heeft iemand ervaring met deze paddo?

Edit: Heartcore reacted in English, so I'll translate:

Psilocybe McKennaii appears to be a new kind of shroom. Erowid never heard of it, but "De Sjamaan" (a headshop in the Netherlands) sells them.

The only times I see anything about them is on fora like these, but never I see pictures of them in the wild. So I wondered: is the Psylocibe McKennaii the right name for this mushroom?

Has anyone had any experiences with this shroom?

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Probably a cubensis strain and my best bet is, that it is Amazonian. Anyone calling another strain Mckenna strain, didnt do their homework :)

Terence took sporeprints from the Amazone and used those to figure out mushroom cultivation together with his brother. They wrote the classis 'the psilocybin mushroom growers guide'. A good friend of me still has spores from the original Amazonian strain Terence took into the US (he met him a number of times) and I keep begging (he is in Ukraine, his freezer in the US), to get them send overhere but I keep hoping :)

If you find out its another strain, please let me know ;)

Edit: Thread on shroomery suggest its a woodloving variety (non cubensis). These are known to be up to 5 times as potent so I would be easy on the dose ;)

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
The suggested dose (regular) is 20 g fresh. In comparison the Sjamaan advises for Truffles a regular dose of 15 grams and for Cubensis 30 grams.

The commercial talk of the folder of Sjamaan about the McKennaï:

Trip reaches its peak at about 60 - 90 min.
The peak will remain constant for about 3 hours.
Oft one is treated to a strong visual spectacle, while the trip at a normal dose remains good to control. With it comes a happy feeling on the background and the abillity, in a light manner, of thinking deeper and more analytical.
Comical situations are not excluded.
It's clear when the trip is gradually going to end. This ending takes 20 to 30 minutes.

Dose:
7-10 gram -> mild effect
20 gram -> normal dose
25-30 gram -> high dose

One portion is 20 gram.

Duration of the trip: 4,5 to 5 hours.

Is it true the diverse kinds of shrooms make different trips? I mean, that one is more visual than another? The psilocine is all the same, I would think. And it probably depends on your own mood and dose ofcourse...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
There is a lot of debate going on but I believe that to get visuals, you need to up the dose. I am convined that given a sufficient dose, no one will be able to determine the strain just from the effects.

About the Mckennaii strain, I found various articles on the internet. Its indeed a woodloving strain and the dosage info you mentioned is about right.

Specific effects for shrooms, are just sales pitch.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
One thing I read on another forum, is that the McKennaï tastes the best of all mushrooms.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
i did the Mckenna's the last time i did shrooms ( i got them in amsterdam "When Nature Calls" ) the trip wasn't that strong after all :( , i had like one portion, in the past i had beter experiences on the (Hawaiian) Panaeolus cyanescens i think this kind is a bit more potient then the Mckenna's
but maybe i have to put up the dose next time :)

Peace..

P.S for the question, did Mckenna not introduced the Stropharia cubensis (mexicans shrooms) into the western world?

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
20 grams of fresh cubensis is not really a strong trip even if this cubensis strain is a bit stronger than "normal" commmerical cubensis it must be 1/3 th stronger.

That seems a lot to me.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
@Rutger - Cubensis is no strain. It's a Psylocibe strain.

But indeed the Psylocibe McKennaii would have to be 1/3 stronger than the Psylocibe Cubensis.

But there is some commercial trick behind it too. Because they say the truffle is for beginners, but when taking a closer look at the dosages, they just give you a low dose and say its a normal dose.

15 g is normal for truffles
30 g is normal for cubensis.

Truffles (P. Tapanensis) contain 0.68% psylocibine and 0.32% psilocine. Somewhere on the net I read that psylocibine is 1.5 times stronger than psilocine, so there remains an equivalent of 1.34% psilocine active in the brain (0.68 x 1.5 + 0.32 = 1.34%).

Cubensis contains 0.63% psylocibine, 0.60% psilocine and 0.025% baeocystine. I don't know how strong the last one is, but say it's the same as psilocine, then you get a equivalent of 1.57% psilocine active.

So cubensis is about 17% stronger than tapanensis. But they're selling 15 g truffles for a normal dose. And 30 g cubensis for a normal dose (which I think must be quite another effect for someone who's used to 15 g truffles, that's why you hear so often that truffles are boring).

I think 15 g of truffles is a light/normal dose, because I tried it.
But I think 17.5 g cubensis must have the same effect as the 15 g truffles.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Every smartshop single dose you buy, is essentially a beginners dose. Its just a smart (no pun intended) strategy to avoid kids walking the streets on a full dose of psilocybin.

And sure, salespitches are all part of the game, and it doesnt hurt I think as long as they are selling in a responsible way and I think ******* does :)

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I've had this shroom a little while ago, but I think it's just a name for a different kind of shroom.

The smartshop sold me this shrooms as it would be the strongest trip ever.

I've had 35 grams of it and only had a weak trip. I'vehad much better trips on mexicans, or hawaïn.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Somehow I'd like to know how many psilocine I'm taking. And I don't know how many psilocine is in the McKennaii. And I don't think the recommended dosages of the smartshop tells me anything. But I agree, it's a safe strategy for the kids.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I dont understand the reason of your question but its hard to answer anyway. All numbers regarding potency, are estimates and averages.

DAMN zit ik in het engels te reageren...autmatisme sorry...

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
lol ik kan ook het topic verplaatsen naar het Mushrooms gedeelte als je wil hoor =)
maaruh iig
de smartshop waar ik de Mckennai heb gezien.. 4-5 maanden geleden ofzo
daar zeiden dat het de minst sterke paddestoel was die ze hadden.. en je kon kiezen uit 8 soorten ofzo en dat je nog beter gewoon de mexicaanse kon pakken

Anand

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Jan 2003
het is een verkoop pitch vermoed ik

syzygy is een cubensis strain die van de broertjes mckenna komt maar die is wel sterk dus grote kans dat het gewoon Thai is ofzo met een andere naam, best veel smartshops halen dat grapje uit als je verkoopt daalt van een product

zijn nog een aantal andere soorten die ook alleen maar bekend zijn in de hollandse smartshops en nergens anders... zegt wel genoeg denk ik ;)

G

Invité
Je kan wel weten hoeveel je neemd en schatten hoeveel er ongeveer inzit dan, maar het is toch altijd weer anders. De ene keer ga je hard op weinig, de andere keer kan je echt een suffe trip hebben van 1,5e (smartshop)portie, dus het zegt niet zoveel.

Ik heb meestal zoiets van liever iets teveel dan te weinig :D