Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychonaut.com Book

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Hi.

If you would really enjoy participating in creating this book, lets have at it. I don't have an intention at the moment of piecing together everyone's work and publishing a 1000 page monstrosity with every bit of information ever - and I don't know the marketability of such a book. BUT - we have some very independent and important thinkers on this website. We could have a book, maybe 30 chapters, each chapter has an individual dedicated to it, or a chapter dedicated to everyone's interpretation.

I have no idea how to go about this, and I don't want anyone to get their hopes up that this will ever even be finished - but lets start it. Worse comes to worse, we will all have our own starts for our own books. :D

I would like to write about nature, art, and psychology. Those three things basically define me. I know quite a bit about the food/pharmaceutical/banking pandemic of the global world as well. I am educated also in historical political geographic planning - "how did we get here?". I also have a background in chemistry so maybe I could write some stuff on neurology of drugs etc.

WHO IS WITH ME

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
Hehe, in the french section we're currently trying to piece together some trip reports and essays in order to come up with some kind of 'Safe and Informed Tripper's Guide'. Its scope may not be as vast as what you envision.

I'd love to help you but English is not my first language and I don't think my ideas are so original and well-formulated that they need me in particular to make them come to life.

You have, however, my full support.

(and I might find a way to help eventually)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i don't know lol.. language can sometimes be a strange thing in the way that it's perceived and reflected or so subjectively a lot... i suppose collective and individual subjectivism (or subjective collectivism and individualism) is a basis for how the mind, imagination, etc etc processes information.. so the question is do you know shit, that you want others to know to or at least to reflect about it or so...
i don't know for sure, but i guess it's also about how you estimate people to react or so...what you think about the people who may read the book... but think positive lol... :wink:
maybe you have a special target group or so for the book? lol :D
it should be a good thing, because of what you want to possibly make better with it in the heads of people and eventually also (in some form or another?) in the world... and not too forced or so... you know???
basically anything is possible. which can be good or bad lol...
maybe we should think realistically but not too realistically... i hope you know what i mean lol... :)
to emphasize the potential and depth of the concept of mind and the power of thoughts ... etc etc.. you know..

i am not sure whether i could contribute something, because i am too confused... but i think it's a good idea.
i just think we shouldn't make a book, only to having made a book... but to have a message or so...
and then stuff like...do you want the book to have more questions or more answers??? maybe some food for thought...
i hope it all doesn't sound too stupid or so... :confused: :retard:

i just thought of another thing... maybe we think we have to make ourselves important... but maybe we
don't have to do that, because we're important anyway.. we just have to feel ourselves more.. something like that lol..

peace

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
count me in too! seems like a fun idea.

I agree with eewdefining that a common thread would be a good way to hold the book together. but then again, what is the common thread we talk about here in this forum? maybe it would be a bit of a hindrance if we agreed on a thread, instead of just letting it happen. in that sense, the blog idea sounds good as well.

I'd totally write about monocultures of all kinds, of nature out and inside, a synthesis of ecology and spirituality.

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
I could probably help out with some of the graphic design side of it for the cover and etc. I am not skilled with anything regarding fractals but I am decent and I have knowledge of typography. It is just a matter of being able to find the time while in college. 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
First thing is first - an outline. MY vision is a kind of psychonaut's bible. A go-to book for all kinds of information. We want all of your knowledge of a certain subject (monocultures, economy, government, plants, etc) packed into a chapter (20-40 pages).

1. Introduction (What is a psychonaut-examples, why be a psychonaut, history of pyschonauts, present day psychonauts, misconceptions, beliefs)
2. Kind of an intro to the book? "Becoming a psychonaut by definition gives rise to introspection, but heavy introspection tends to lead to heavy outward thought and understanding" - maybe this is how we could link "Psychonaut" to all our ideas outside the body, (like Eew, banana and I have examples of).
3. [someone's section]
4. [someone's section]
5. etc
Nth section. A summation - an allusion to what BrainEater is talking about - an explanation that we are not important, but rather the message is. Ideas are contagious, but unlike most contagions, ideas can be good, with results that make the infected feel good, happy, and with a greater understanding.

BRain does bring up a very important point - what is the target audience. Do we want to appeal to a mass audience (then psychedelic use should be VERY unbiased and minimal) or do we want to pursue people who are already searching for such a book (then psychedelic use and so forth should be very much endorsed, informed, and explained, etc).

I like to think of this as - I am not important - the ideas I have are. The ideas that have forged by a more or less random life have coalesced ideas that I believe would benefit mankind if they were more global. I am not the creator of these ideas, just a holder, and the more holders, the better.

Red1

Banni
Inscrit
18 Jan 2012
Well lets break it down to basics.

Who to target?
I nominate the all 99%ers, and their oppinions. :p

Whats the subject matter?
I think modern society needs to gain perspective. Perspective of how far our lifestyles have drifted. Perspective of what we can really do, and how little we need to rely on others for that matter.

Maybe to sum it up, motivation?
a book and/or movie, to motivate, edjucate, and gain natural perspective? What else can we cover?

In my thread titled Lets Change the World, I mentioned the prospects of eventually graduating to movie format in relation to a larger target audience. I think it would be a highly benificial task after we get some sort of final draft in the making. What do you guys think?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I have no cinematography experience so I don't know if I could help :(

Red1

Banni
Inscrit
18 Jan 2012
nor do I.
but I would gladly learn for the right reason! :D

we need a book first though.

Maybe we could all have a section that explains our personal benifits from psychoactives?
People need to learn positives if there ever to develop new opinions.