Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

#Psychonaut IRC-chatroom

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
well, as the 150 day rule will stay, I thought I just open this thread again :)
We have a chatroom called #Psychonaut on an IRC-server. Of course chatting with other psychonauts is fun and sometimes very interesting, but there arent so many on the chat! It would be nice if more people join the chat so we can really get to know eachother better.

There are 2 ways to join the channel:
- IRC client - This is a program that connects to the IRC network and doesnt require much CPU at all. The most popular IRC clients are mIRC and Xchat. More about using mIRC later.
- WebIRC - This is usually a Java script that connects to the IRC server from your browser. Because of its relatively high CPU usage its not nice to run in background, so an IRC client is always preferred. It's meant for people who arent familiar with IRC yet

How to get on the IRC channel using mIRC:
If you already have an IRC Client, use these settings to connect:
Server: irc.Quakenet.org
Channel: #Psychonaut
mIRC allows multiple servers, if you want to be on the other server as well type:
/server -m irc.quakenet.org -j #psychonaut

If you don't have a client:
Download mIRC from www.mirc.com/get.html (its free)
Install mIRC and run it
After pressing continue the options menu will popup, you must enter a (fictional) real name and email addres, and of course a nickname.
Press OK and type:
/server irc.quakenet.org -j #psychonaut
Now mIRC will connect to the server and you will join the channel as soon as youre connected.
Chat! There should always be some people hanging around in the channel, but they cant read the chatroom at all times. Give it some time and you should get a reply after some time

How to get on the IRC channel using WebIRC:
I hope the psychonaut.com crew will some day install a WebIRC to the site. Until then you can use this one to get the idea:
http://www.hardwarelabs.de/webirc.php
Press "Eingang in #hardwarelabs" and let the Java applet connect (this takes some time)
Once connected, type:
/join #psychonaut
Chat! There should always be some people hanging around in the channel, but they cant read the chatroom at all times. Give it some time and you should get a reply after some time

come and join my dear friends :)

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
i'll put this in my "join @ startup list" :)

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
its still not a very active chat, but occasionally we have a talk in there :) feel free to join as long as you dont leave within a few minutes!

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
an idea would be to meet in chat... i mean say a time say maybe in a week or so a certain time or all day and then everybody who wants can come ;)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
or just to join whenever you're online ;)

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
Bump. Start using chat everyone, it would be fun connecting with all you creative and intelligent psychonauts