Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychedelic tatoo : Any Ideas?

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
Hello there fellow psychonauts, howdy ?

I've been doing piercings for the last three years, have maybe around 20 holes in my body, I then asked an artist (Lukas Zpira, for the people who know the body modification world a bit) made a skar on my back, and I intend to do a suspension in the next months...

'till then, I endly managed to get enough money to be able to be tatooed by a pro...

I've already came with some ideas for this tatoo, I don't intend to make it too big (max would be half of my back), and I still dunno the location...

I know that the picture of your tatoo should be something really personal, don't worry about this, as I have already said I already came with a few ideas, but I thought that it couldn't hurt to ask for a few opinions :D

I had firstly though about having the serenity sign (y'know, this kind of inverted E that can be found in any goa party !) tatoed on one of my hand's palm, but I then thought that it would be maybe a bit too "usual" for me...

What I'd like the tatoo to represent (directly or abstractly) would be (beware, something wicked this way comes...) the idea of astral travel, of infinite space, of ubiquity, of unity, of mind's expansion, of a wonderful dream... Well, to be short I'd like this tatoo to makes me think to a wonderful trip where I travelled in the whole cosmos and...

Goddamnit, I know this is surely just too utopist (if not totally retarded, that's it) to want a single tatoo representing some many ideas/images/concepts, but hell, I just suck when it comes to graphical arts, so maybe one of you will come up with a great idea :D

'till now, the closest picture I came with was this one :

tatoo1hr8.gif

It really like this image, but I have the feeling that something a bit more abstract could be better...

Any ideas ?

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
LordTiax a dit:
I think I've never felt so alone...

Ahhh :oops:
/hug!

I like the darker part a LOT. Able to do more with that maybe? Create a planet that pops out (is bigger than the rest), so it creates a bit of unalignment in your drawing. Would be nice I think. But more dark = more pain huh? :roll:

Btw, I really like your text: "Oh god... did you eat all.." I've had it in my msn-nick for ages. :p

G

Invité
Sorry Tiax, I didn't see this topic, otherwise I'd already replied ;)

But maybe you can watch Alex Gray's site for inspiration.
Also some tattoo's on there, but most of 'em are the "Tool eye"
There are some pretty awesome one's though

I've also been thinking about a tattoo for a long time.
Thinking about tattooing the DMT molecule somewhere on my body

I already have one on my left ringfinger that stands for me, that I am worth it, that my life is worth living and it took a long time for me to get to that mindstate.
And you have to love yourself before you can love someone else, so maybe someday there will be a time that a ring that I share with a loved one is put over it, but untill that day... I am.

G

Invité
Yipeeee, I finally have some friends :D

Thank you guys, I'll check Alex Grey's work, and I'll also ask a friend of mine to do the modification you're talking about, maybe it will improve the design, we'll see!

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
maybe you can also check the erowid art vaults

http://www.erowid.org/culture/art/

i just love the drawings of luis campos, of course these are more paterns that don't represent something obvious. but there are some good works in it. i'd recommend you to check "the swarm" where you can see all the works of the art vaults on one page.

http://www.erowid.org/culture/art/art_swarm.php

i don't know if it will help you but here you go :wink:

G

Invité
Maybe you should look into spiritual icons, a lot of deep meaningfull signs out there ;)

G

Invité
Thank you guys, I've already added a few pics to my could-be tatoo list !

I'm more and more interested in a colored tatoo, even if I know that it's much more shit than simple black ink... Any feedback on this matter btw ?

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Tiax a dit:
Thank you guys, I've already added a few pics to my could-be tatoo list !

I'm more and more interested in a colored tatoo, even if I know that it's much more shit than simple black ink... Any feedback on this matter btw ?

If you're going for a spirituality tatoo, or something that has to do with the unknown; I'd definitely go for a coloured tatoo. I might be nice, just to use only two, or a max of three colours. Something like, black,green,gray. :)

Good luck ;)

G

Invité
I think I'll go colored indeed, maybe a small-medium tatoo that could fit in a bigger one if I decide to do one later, I'd like them to fit well with each other...

Have about 15 pics to choose from atm, gonna be a hard time :D

G

Invité
Do you guys think that it is possible to approach the look of a UV painting with usual colored tatoo ink ?

I already have some reticences to do color, but I surely won't use any of those blacklight reacting inks, even if they just look amazing (for the first few months at least...).

The work of Gibson Neil on the Erowid art just looks so great...

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
I thought about doing a psyhonautic tatoo... Something like a symbol, but I still can't invent it... Maybe something like my avator + enteogramm, but more intricate...

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Tiax, it's a shame you're all the way on the other side of the pond; we could help eachother out. :D I've been doing tattoos for as long as you've been piercing. However, I'm self taught, I've never had the time for an apprenticeship as painting is my main gig, but I've done quite a few friends, as well as my own legs with nice results. I need a new victim, I'm running out of leg space.

Anyway, I saw a guy with 3 barbells in his neck I've been thinking of getting the back of my neck pierced. You qualified? :D

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
i am. i've done the nape(back of the neck) a couple of times. I work in a profession shop. Be warned that piercing sucks ass. its painful as hell but also a bitch to keep from getting infected. Also shirts will tug on it and it hurts like hell. But ride to GA
and i'll help you out. U should apprentice if your good. It doesn't take that long to learn if your already good at art. I also tattoo so if u ever want advice just ask if i don't know the answer the guy who taught me will

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I've tried to get one, but you have to know someone or you get straight denied. I even did all the shit required here in VA and NC like the first aid/ CPR/ bloodborn pathogens classes as well as all my extra vaccinations/ immunizations, even dropped a couple g's on my own setup. All this to prove that I'm not just "some kid off the street", I have a portfolio and a 4 year art degree, but still no love. There's just a shitty elitist attitude in this town, partially due to the fact that there's way too many shops popping up everywhere. No one wants another competitor.

I'll try again when I move to Asheville, but I hear there's already an excess of artists there too. Maybe all I need is a nose ring and dreds.

Thanks though, for the advice. I think it looks cool, and while I'm addicted to ink and needles, I'd probably never have the balls to put a barbell in my neck. As bad ass as I would feel...

G

Invité
Well, I've made about 20 piercings, never did on on my neck (I have long hairs, so there's truly no point), but I've pierced my chest 4 times, and my biceps 3 times...

All of those piercings looked pretty cool and didn't hurted that much (well,WAY less than my nose/septum piercing did anyway), and they all lasted for about 12-16 months without any troubles, I've even played rubgy with those, it was a bloody mess but no piercing rejected, they just healed within a few weeks...

I'll try those new micro-implants in 2 weeks, I still don't have an idea about what my tattoo could be... Maybe I'll just do the sylab "Om" to begin...

Toxica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Déc 2005
I think OM is too usual))

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Nothin wrong with the ohm symbol, it's a nice image to have centered someplace like your back. I wouldn't get it some place asymmetrical like on my bicept or nothin.

My wifey is a massage therapist and she wants me to do the kanji symbols for Calming Touch on the palms of her hands, I thought that was a cool idea.

Damn Tiax, playing rugby with bicept piercings!?!, that's pretty hard core.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
They've only started using the stuff in the past 10 years; I'd hold off to see how the shit reacts in the long run.

Personally, I think that having a glow in the dark, or blacklight sensitive tattoo would be pretty gay (for lack of a better word. I have no problems with gays, I just think it's silly :) )