Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psilocybin and Holotropic Breathwork

Telumehtar

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Août 2012
Hello everybody. I'd like to share an observation that might be useful or just interesting to someone, even though my idea obviously isn't new or revolutionary.
First of all, I'll tell you that I admire and respect Stan and Cristina Grof and their work very much, and my attitude towards psychedelics mostly correspond to their theories.
In past, I used to trip a lot with psilocybin and repeatedly participated in holotropic breathwork.
As a result of several powerful and very difficult trips I came to conclusion that it's too hard for me to arrange a good trip on my own. I wasn't all alone, however, my friends were (or seemed to be) not very experienced and reliable to be sitters.
I concluded that I need some sort of professional handling at this phase and went to holotropic breathwork. In short, I found it suitable but not strong enough (especially in comparison with shrooms).
Then I tried to secretly take small amount of mushrooms before the breathwork. The small amount turned out to be too big. I had an intense process, but after that it was difficult not to manifest that I was still in altered state. There also was no completeness in my process.
After a couple of tries I found out the appropriate dose for breathwork. Can't tell you exact amount but it's just about threshold. It doesn't start a trip by itself - you only might feel a bit relaxed, entranced, meditative or something. It's when you definitely feel it but you still can do all the usual things without any discomfort or additional efforts.
I made tea from several crumbs of dried mushrooms and drank it about 20 minutes before the process. In this case latent period is longer than usual so if you plan to eat the fruits (that's more convenient than to hide a bottle with tea, trust me), you should do it at least 30 minutes before the breathwork.
Btw, it seems to me that one can find plenty of clear hints to combine holotropic breathwork with small amounts of psychedelics or bigger amounts of short-acting ones. Of course, it's just wishful thinking - there really are no hints at all.

It was quite surprising to me that such tiny amount of psilocybin has rather noticeable influence on the process which gets much deeper and more powerful (like at least two or three times).
It would be a wise applying of your mushrooms or analogical substances if you don't have much or don't feel confident to make a trip.

Thank you for attention, it's a pleasure to share my experience with you! :)

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Crazy you :) I love the fact that you actually took mushroom in such a setting! Would you mind sharing your experiences in detail? Also, why dont you explain us in what the holotropic breathwork consist? Ive heard great things about it.