Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Pretty unpleasant first trip

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Dosage :
I took 4 g dried (weighted 40 g fresh)
Cutted them in as small piece as possible with scissors.
Soak them in hot alcohol 90%, 40 ml during several hours (far from boiling tough)
Let them soak for 12 hours, then added the same amount of lemon juice.
Soaked few hours then filtered that juice and let it reduce by heating (around 40-50 degree no more) until it fills a 10 ml syringe.

Ok, so I have a syringue with the juice of the equivalent of 40 g fresh cubensis and I am a noob.

14h00

I drink 1/3 of that syringe with some orange juice.

15h00 nothing seems hapenning.
Ok, I guess that it was too few. Took a second 1/3.

16h00 Feeling almost nothing, or don't know if it's psychosomatic or a 'real' effect.
Hmm, all that efforts to feel a bit 'heavy', ok I take the last 1/3

16h20... huuuuu, no doubts, something is coming.
16h30... waves becomes stronger.
16h40... huuuuu that's stronger than expected, would had I took too much ?
If what I feel is the result of the first 1/3, the second will come in one hour and will be twice as strong.. hmmm, it would be still possible to handle it but what about the last 1/3 in two hours.. I can hardly imagine how I could handle such effects 3 times stronger... Start of anxious toughts :?

16h55 take a anxiolitic (xanax) in case of... feel quite anxious
17h30.. ok, feel better, I can lay down and close my eyes
18h30 end of noticeable effects. I feel good now.

Uuf, each 1/3 of the juice was not cumlative in power and time after all.
As usual (for me) I wanted to 'innovate' with the extraction and dosage. :oops:

However, I don't know if the dosage was that strong, but the effects were mainly 'physically unpleasant' and not psychedelic at all.
The main unpleasant effect was a feeling of 'cold blood waves' sarting in the legs and growing until the head. The feeling increased if I was laying down with close eyes.
I was also not beeing able to say if I feel cold or hot. Had strong tremors like if I would have a bad flu, changes in the touch feeling, balance difficulties and at the peak, impossibility to fix something with the eyes. Also a stoned-stomach effect making breathing a bit difficult.

As you can see it was far from the ideal trip :cry: :roll:

I remember no changes in colors, nor open eyes hallucinations, nor even close eyes fractals as I expected a bit. And no spiritual insights.
I guess that this was due to the difficulty of 'letting go' and the fear of innapropriate reaction from my body.

What's good is that the experience last the same amount of time that what I had read here and there (4-6 hours).
Next time I will take the whole shrooms and I will feel more confident.

However I wonder if that physical feelings are the norm and if they can be 'forgotten' to access to a more spiritual experience. I also wonder if that 'cold blood waves' get stronger (gulp) if dosage get higher ?

Thanks for having reading me.

G

Invité
Maybe that's the problem, that your first attempt with mushrooms was through some sort of extraction process.

Just eat the mushroom itself, it won't bite. Maybe you will feel a little stomache discomfort, but if you do experience it you can also make tea, although that comes up stronger.

The best dose to start out is 15 grams fresh, although you felt little from the extraction except discomfort, from the likes of your story it seems the extraction went wrong somewhere. So just start out with a reasonably low dose and take it on from there, explore what it does and gradually build up the dose.

Hope your next experiences will be as profound as mine ;)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I never tried to extract shrooms with alcohol, but having some alcohol before taking the shrooms (and also along the trip) usually takes away a lot of the possible anxiety.

If what I feel is the result of the first 1/3, the second will come in one hour and will be twice as strong.. hmmm, it would be still possible to handle it but what about the last 1/3 in two hours..

It doesn't work that way. The trip would've been stronger if you had taken all at once. The way you took the doses the first 1/3 dose was the main dose, the next worked like 1/4 and the one after that like 1/6 at most.

I was also not beeing able to say if I feel cold or hot. Had strong tremors like if I would have a bad flu, changes in the touch feeling, balance difficulties and at the peak, impossibility to fix something with the eyes.
Some bad physical feeling is normal with doses above 30g fresh, I always feel like I'm freezing even when it's 24°C inside. The only thing that sounds a little bad to me is the strong tremors. But depending on what you call "strong" that can be normal too (if you're having too much alcohol with a lot of shrooms then you can get kind of spasms, some kind of uncontrollable movements, but that doesn't seem to hurt either, had it once or twice...)

16h55 take a anxiolitic (xanax) in case of...
[...]
I remember no changes in colors, nor open eyes hallucinations, nor even close eyes fractals as I expected a bit. And no spiritual insights.
Do you mind if I say "Doh!?" ;)
I'm very sure the xanax took away all the possible spiritual insights and colorful visions. To get to the spiritual part you have to let it happen. When I had spiritual insights on shroom trips they had always been
after I had been through hell. If you take higher doses (above 30g fresh) you have to be prepared to go through a lot of unpleasant feelings. A really good trip almost always starts with "oh my god, this time I have taken too much!"

I suggest next time you take 30g fresh cubensis (or 3g dry), cut them in pieces, make a tea and drink it all at once. Maybe have some wine so that you're a bit drunk before you start and have some vodka ready in case you feel you need it (that can help a lot without totally taking away the trip like benzos). And always remember, the point where you think "this was too much" is just the beginning of a really powerful experience. Try to be brave and go through it!

G

Invité
I disagree on the alcohol, but that must be different for everybody.
I hate alcohol when doing psychedelics, it always seems alcohol in low amounts can do nice things, but if you get half way drunk, then the bad shit starts to happen. And I don't like eating mushrooms while having alcohol in my stomache.
Then I start to feel what the effect of alcohol is to my stomache and I feel I'm dishounoring my body and the mushroom and a great deal of discomfort.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Thanks Space and Trypto for your wise hints. Seems you have a bit of experience with shrooms ;) huh ?

It doesn't work that way. The trip would've been stronger if you had taken all at once. The way you took the doses the first 1/3 dose was the main dose, the next worked like 1/4 and the one after that like 1/6 at most

Oh !? Yes, the feeling I get is something like that... but it's quite mysterious for me to understand. Valuable info to know tough

The only thing that sounds a little bad to me is the strong tremors
This was not the hardest part tough. Maybe it was just because my body was cold while I did'nt feel it. Also the anxiety may have increased that effect.

When I had spiritual insights on shroom trips they had always been
after

Oh (again) ! ? I did not expected something like that.

Try to be brave and go through it!

Ah well, yes, that's what I have to do now 8)

Hope your next experiences will be as profound as mine

Thanks. I hope so also. I feel however quite good few hours after the trip, more calm (and it's no more the xanax ;), and still determined to try again but maybe not today, I felt quite exausted after the trip with nice blue circle under the eyes :lol: