Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Poison

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Are you talking about eating the actual PF cake itself? because it depends on what you used. If you used something like white rice then, yes, you could, but it might make you sick. If you used vermiculite and brown rice flower, then, no you can't eat vermiculite.

If you're just talking about eating mushrooms from an infected cake, then I don't think there is a problem with that. I've had many cakes become infected and still produced shrooms, and there was nothing wrong with them.

G

Invité
Hahaha, try eating the mycelium, see what happends ;)

BTW: Haven't seen you in quite some time Goran, how have you been?

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
The mycelium contains psilocybin and psilocin in the same manner as the actual mushrooms, but eating a cake might not be the best possible way to consume it. There are teks where mycelium is grown for example on agar media and the alkaloids are then extracted from it. This way there is no need for actual fruiting process.

But as said above, whether or not a cake is edible depends of what it's made of. Eating vermiculite is definitely not a good idea.

As for mold, I'd strongly recommend NOT eating anything that has been infected (cakes, shrooms, shrooms from an infected cake etc.). Even though most molds are harmless in small quantities, there's no foolproof method for an amateur to know for sure. As always, it's better to be safe than sorry.

G

Invité
Viaticus a dit:
There are teks where mycelium is grown for example on agar media and the alkaloids are then extracted from it. This way there is no need for actual fruiting process.

What teks? Where?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Viaticus a dit:
There are teks where mycelium is grown for example on agar media and the alkaloids are then extracted from it. This way there is no need for actual fruiting process.

What teks? Where?

If you know how to make them suppose.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Viaticus a dit:

What teks? Where?

The idea is basically to cultivate large amounts of mycelium in big, suitable containers and then performing a simple psilocybin/psilocin extraction with a polar solvent. The extraction procedure is the same that is used when extracting from actual mushrooms. Here is an article about the extraction: http://deoxy.org/wiki/Mushrooms/Alkaloid_Extraction

In one of the examples dried mycelium is used as the material.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
This one goes to my favorites!
Thanks Viaticus!

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I once tried to make a tea from vermiculite cake. It tasted most awful and the effect was like a really weak and unsatisfying trip. Not at all worth the horrible taste, believe me...