Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Partial Sleep Deprivation-Restriction/9thDay

ThePsychonauticOne

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2012
In attempt to study in depth the affects of Sleep Deprivation, I chose to set a 9 day goal. I figured at around this time, effects would be peak. The effects and noticeable events listed as follows:

-Extremely vivid hallucinations. Shadows seemed to crawl around me, small movements, and most extremely, the sense that the surroundings I could see were violently shakingas iff an earthquake had been present. Audial hallucinations ranged from small whispers, to most noteably, the presence of music over jumbled jargon that came from the tv. Specifically, my inability to focus on teh television then lead to a lack of focus for the words. Over the superfluous tongues and gibberish, I began to look at my shifting ceiling and thought of songs, which I began to faintly hear.

-Bizarre thought patterns. I would ramble to myself after looking at certain objects, particularly anything which caught my attention. Between the 5th and 9th day, things that were very simple and mundane in nature became humorous or bizarre. I laughed at things I had viewed on television regardless of whether I had seen it before, I felt a sense of subjectability.

-Difficulty in cognitive skills. Simply typing this without error took many re-reads. Many many re-reads and it still has error. Im typing quickly because I'm on the virge of mental dissipation and DESPERATELY want sleep.

-Open Eyed Phosphenes? Swirling light patterns appeared to cross my walls at certain instances. I was goingto lump it with hallucinations, but I figured these were unlikely hallucinations, rather an affect of prolonged opened eyes and disordinate pupil dialation.

-Extreme Pupil dialation. My eyes response to light was much like Lysergic acid diethylamide, in which a bright glow enveloped the light source in my cause the few lamps in my home, and bizarre outline on my laptop screen.

I will post more in depth after sleep in regards to inner thoughts. I need to sleep.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
my god 9 days?

well... someone had to do it :lol: thanks for taking the time to write.

Your progression from the start to the finish tells me your ability to focus is horrible too. Edgy, not necessarily grumpy, but can't do anything for any amount of time? sucks! This would be a great time for you to start the polyphasic sleep cycle...

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i'd be interested to know the nature of the hallucinations and effects as compared to say, classic psychedelics or opiates if the author has experience with these realms of awareness as well.

thanks for taking the time to document, and welcome to the forum. :)

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Yeah, 9 days sounds like a serious commitment. I'm curious why you didn't start with say 5?

ThePsychonauticOne

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Avr 2012
I've been studying Psychonautics long before joining the site. I have stayed up for masses of time, but this by far was my most accumulated time awake. As to answer the questions above, entheogens such as LSD and Psilocybin provided a far different "hallucination" than sleep deprivation. With LSD, I find more of my visuals to represent an open plane. To refer to Carl Jung would be appropriate, as the sensation was much like his theory of the "COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIENCE", at least to what I can relate it to subjectively, in which simple things such as color, touch, smell, all inspire many other thoughts and sensations, causing a cascading sense of thoughts, much like high doses of Psilocybin. SLEEP DEPRIVATION however, had hallucinations to the effect of seeing things that were legitimately not there. Specifically;

1. I had viewed what had appeared to be a small lizard crawling across the fridge in my kitchen. It crawled from the wall to the left side of the fridge and on to the top of the fridge, when I lost eye contact, I then lost the lizard. This was day 7.

2. Day 8 and 9 had intense visuals. But again, not like psychedelics. Everything SEEMS normal. No wiggling or shape suggestibility, but simply things that ARE NOT there. I took an easy ride in the woods on an ATV, and saw a great deal of various characters and animals running around through the trees. It made me rather uncomfortable. I realize this was purely hallucination, but the intensity was difficult to bear. Imagine everything in your eyesight moving ever so slightly, every time you move your eyes, making everything appear to be restless.

3. As aforementioned, I recieved a GREAT deal of audial hallucinations. To the extent it almost made it difficult to sleep again, but because I had so little sleep, it proved to be less of a distraction.

Considering I live alone, human relation is difficult to study, but in regards to the emotional and psychological effects, particularly on mood and thought, I realized simple tasks took a great deal of sense of necessity before I could begin them, specifically house-hold care, like dishes, etc.
The effects on my thought process, however... Was by far the most noteable. Extremely interesting. Much like LSD, Thoughts swirl around in my head, BUT NOT in connection to other things. Simply very strange thoughts. These include thoughts that actually harvested as day dreams, or small movies in my mind. When humans think normally, sober, at least in my case, thoughts link and pass and never FULLY come to an end. When one thinks of going out for a walk, they simply think of walking out the door, and then ALL thoughts that come after passing the door, relate to actually BEING outside. This was not the case however. When I thought about riding my ATV, I literally had a mental "movie", if you will, of leaving my house, putting on my helmet, riding around the woods, driving INCREDIBLY fast and flying off a cliff. Ironically I live near NO cliffs or any form of land elevational difference... The thought was accompanied by me humourously screaming quietly as I pictured diving off the cliff, then a collision noise, followed by laughter by the silliness of the whole thing.