Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Panic attax! run!

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I posted a while ago, maybe a month, that I seemed to not be having panic attacks (I said it may be because I have been taking vitamin D and going more vegetarian.)

Further investigation is proving something completely different.

I am now, slightly, very slightly, associating my insights on DMT, and what it hit me with, as the cure for my panic attacks.

It is still too early to be sure but I havn't had a panic attack since late August.
It's almost November, and not one panic attack...

Still too early but this is the longest stretch of time I havn't had a panic attack. And the second longest was due to me completely ignoring it i.e. writing about it like this would SURELY bring one, or atleast bring the inclination of onset.

I... :) It's a very, VERY large relief. I hope none of you know it's feeling.

twoceebee

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Oct 2009
Suffered with panic attacks for years, it's terrible business. Isn't it funny how so many people who choose to do psychedelic drugs suffer from this sort of thing? I can't recall every having a panic attack on drugs, only after they have worn off! Ah well, a bit of weed paranoia, but not a full blown panic attack.

First post anyway, and a rambling one at that!

Glad to be here
Phil :shock:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
hola phil,

Unfortunately for my earlier self, my first panic attack I had was on mushrooms, I was 16 and alone and was trying to go to bed,, ahh sweet memory that smells of death.

So they were definitely induced with any drug. My body would go into "Oh shit what did he just do - start panicking" any drug. weed, etc.

Believe me though, my panic attacks are very psychadelic if I have smoked. They are in some ways more intense then psychadelics... after I come down, the next day or so, I look back on the panic attack and it's really, very strange. thats about all I Can say.

It's lik looking back and wondering if I was dreaming, or if I was awake... did that panic attack really happen? Of course it did...

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
I'm a bit ashamed to ask, but I don't know what "panic attacks" really are. Of course, I've already heard of it, but what is it, exactly ? For all I know, people doing panic attacks just have trouble breathing... :roll: but I guess it's a bit more complicated. ^^

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Yes I also would want to know more. As far as I know panic attacks have to do with hyperventilation. What is it that triggers these attacks. I guess there are many forms of panic attacks.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I don't really know if I technically have panic attacks, but what happens with me is I kind of leave reality and panic trying to get back in.

It's literally impossible to describe the feeling, and its almost like having a flashback of a bad trip?

I'll explain one terrible one: I was in my room, looking at my ceiling. Something goes through the mind for a split second and all of the sudden my vision sort of... changes. It's like I'm looking through someone elses eyes very suddenly and I know its begun again. My thoughts start really accelerating and I try to clear my thoughts, and I've never been able to tell if this helps or hurts it, ignoring it or confronting it. It's kind of like a feeling of being trapped in someone else's mind, or reality.. Trying to get out but it's everything. So now , or atleast the last times I just know it will end eventually and ride it out, negative feeling and all.

They get more extreme if I'm high, and I have a very hard time even speaking words. It's again, there is no way I can explain it, and everytime I do it changes, but it's always the same.

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
Looks like "short time psychosis", kinda. I'm not sure at all this is what people currently call "panic attacks", but I think it's an accurate name for what you describe anyway.
Maybe you could eventually get over fear and get (I mean, learn) something from these crisis ? Of course I'm not telling it's a good thing... if you get rid of 'em, that's perfect ! I'm just saying, in case it does NOT stop and you keep on having that kind of attacks, you could maybe be able to see them like they can teach you something, as drugs can sometimes do.

(mmh, I'm not sure I'm totally understandable here, sorry, it's been quite a long time I haven't practised english :) )

Quark13

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Sept 2009
I don't know it was a genuine panic-attack but :heart: :paranoid: I experienced some panic when I smoked weed after months of abstinence. My heartbeat started to race and I had an overwhelming sensation of fear that I wasn't in control. It was as if my fear triggered a snowball effect causing an even faster heartbeat. For a few moments I thought I was having a heart attack. It helped that there was a friend who would hold my hand for a while.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
quark thats how mine started, and what happened with me is the next time i smoked, i started thinking about that and it actually induced a second one.. thus every time i smoked i was in fear of having fear.

"nothing to fear but fear itself" in the rawest form.

The thing is, and believe me, I have approached a panic attack in every way possible, accepting it, denying it, ignoring it, fighting it, overcoming it, everything. There is just no way, and no matter how I approach it, it gives the exact same feeling, and the exact same outcome.

I don't want to be pessimistic but the only thing I could ever learn from these is how to get them to go away. Which I never learned but luckily has happened so far.

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
mmh yes, guess it's PRETTY overwhelming...

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
When I smoked weed after a time of abstinence, I also experienced some kind of unease. I had no hearth problems or breathing problems.
It pulled me out of my centre a bit.

Quark13

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Sept 2009
IJesuschrist, Thanks for your reply. Your experience sounds very similar to mine indeed. It's comforting to know other people who encounter the same obstacles. By the way, Since that initial 'panic attack', I mostly use vaporizers because I found that the more gentle way of vaporizing does not trigger much panic in me. Before that time my favorite way was using a bong taking monsterhits

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yea, I find now that if I smoke shwag slowly, enough to where I don't cough I'm perfectly ok - well I havn't smoked in a long, long time though.

If I smoke very strong weed, the instant I feel a burn in the back of my throat thats a sure-fire trigger to a very long spiral to keep my head above the water.

Shit sucks, glad it's been dormant though.