Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Oil replacement

phalaris

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I see a nice alternative to electrolysis

However, the energy is not coming from the water, it is put into the system by the external radiofrequency beam.

Nice though.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Psyolopher a dit:
Obviously, but its a much better solution than OIL.
Definitely!

_1769066_penguins150.jpg

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Obviously, but its a much better solution than OIL.

In what way ?

Fossil fuels are an energy carrier, as well as a energy source.

The youtube movie does not show an alternative energy carrier, it shown an alternative way to dissociate water into hydrogen and oxygen. The process only transforms the energy. The energy in the experiment still came from coal or nuclear energy, provided by the electric company. The hydrogen that is formed in the experiment is an energy carrier, but the handling of hydrogen is really not that practical.

Mining for coal/oil/gas is a bad idea, and yeah, we should devellop other ways to satify our exponentially-growing energy-needs. But my point is that this youtube movie confuses the concept of an energy carrier with the energy source. The difference is huge.

So the movie is interesting, but it has nothing do to with oil whatsoever.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Rofl... who's paying you to say this ?

A battery is a good energy carrier... What about aluminum-gallium alloys ?

Creating a nice system to transform electricity in hydrogen on demand, can run your car.

No more need to pollute with 25$ effiscient gasoline systems...

No link with oil... rofl... and I'm the son of oblivion :roll:

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Electricity obviously always comes from NUCLEAR and COAL... solar, wind, and hydro-electricity obviously dosen't exist...

In what school did you go ? wow...

Would you pay 15 cents a kilowatt to run your car or one liter of gas that produces about the same mileage ? Maybe you would only create a add on system that would save you half the gas you consume...

Of course not very practical if you live in zimbabwe and electricity is 2$ a kilowatt...

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Rofl... who's paying you to say this ?

A battery is a good energy carrier... What about aluminum-gallium alloys ?

Creating a nice system to transform electricity in hydrogen on demand, can run your car.

No more need to pollute with 25$ effiscient gasoline systems...

No link with oil... rofl... and I'm the son of oblivion

and

Electricity obviously always comes from NUCLEAR and COAL... solar, wind, and hydro-electricity obviously dosen't exist...

In what school did you go ? wow...

Would you pay 15 cents a kilowatt to run your car or one liter of gas that produces about the same mileage ? Maybe you would only create a add on system that would save you half the gas you consume...

Of course not very practical if you live in zimbabwe and electricity is 2$ a kilowatt...

I'll first adress your points, then add some of my own.

- No one is paying me. In fact, I am very pro alternative energy sources or its devellopment.

- A battery is not that great as energy carrier at all, the energy density of the best lithium batteries is less than 1/10th of liquid hydrocarbons. Gallium-Aluminium alloys promise to offer a better way to energy carrier/storage.

- Yes, electricity from the electric company is stored as chemical energy in the Al/Ga-alloy, then released as hydrogen gas by the reaction with water. It is a nice system, I agree. It's functioning principle is quite similar to the Hg/Al reduction methods.

- Yes, avoiding the use of internalcombustion engines is a good thing. Hydrocarbonfuels can also be applied in electric cars with the aid of "reformers", greatly reducing pollution.

- The connection to oil of the youtube movie is slim, at best.

- No, not *all* electricity comes from fossil fuels or nuclear energy. 7 percent of our energy is provided by renewable sources. The other 93 percent is coal, gas, oil and nuclear energy.

- I went to a school in the east of the Netherlands, near the border with Germany.

- Yes, I would very much like a car that would cost me only 15 cents per energy-equivalent liter of gas, while not directly polluting my surroundings.

The invention is cool, but anything vagely connected to hydrogen is jubilated in the media.

Gas is heavily taxed, ~65percent in the Netherlands, and gas-taxes function as a major incomesource for the government. When more and more cars run on electricity, chances are that regulations will be put in place for taxing electricity or taxing the number of kilometers driven.

We need to get clean from our oil addiction, but very gradually or we'll suffer badly from withdrawel symptoms.

The system that is shown in the movie should be valued for what it is: an alternative to electrolysis as a mean of generating hydrogen from water using electricity.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
That guy is actually putting the test tube in a quite big FIELD of ultrasonics...

What makes me so enthusiastic about this technology is that you can possibly vibrate a resonant container, with some fractal harmonics, requiring VERY LITTLE energy and outputting more.

There is also the talk about rotational inertia, which is heavily skimmed over by the scientific community ; whereas a spinning ball will raise higher and fall further than a non spinning ball, and this isn't due to aerodynamics.

Because when you think about it, water is stored energy, like it or not... we just haven't found the key to unlock it yet. And to me sea water the minerals in it make it even more interesting.

There is also a very promising ceramic in the making in australia; it splits water on contact with sunlight. And the amount of gaz is freaky impressive. In the video they showed a piece of one square inch, lighted by like 3 halogen bulbs (probably around 50 watts) and it looked like it output more hydrogen than the hydrogen generator I built that draws 10 amps at 12 volts (it makes me double my mileage on my old car btw, and its not even tweaked) go figure... seems my combustion effisciency was so low that even the extra demand on the alternator makes it worth it, its a dramatic difference.

I even feel nervous when it has not enough water or it stops working for some reason.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Even the classic NAOH + aluminum cubes into a container that can handle some pressure would be designable by someone with a little patience and know how.

The reaction is regular, NAOH and aluminum are dirt cheap compared to the amount of hydrogen that is produced. The reaction leaves behind aluminum oxide which can be recycled...

We don't have to seek far to at least consume less oil.

Thing is as you said, we're heavily addicted... we're so addicted we lost track of who regulates the prices and if they reinject the money they make into the economy.

So yes its dangerous, but even my friends who have seen the HHO generator in my car and seen the gas bill for a 3 hour trip cut in HALF... well I'd have to force them to put it in their car, they're afraid...

Honestly they are afraid. It would be very surprising to see that market crash anytime soon, even if everyone talks about it. And another thing is, the money thing that we absolutely need taxts is an illusion... there is enough money in the world to feed everyone, to pay for much more than we have.

Theres just a lobby of big players keeping the money out of circulation, so inflation dosen't look like an invention.

The information is out there, I'm sure you reviewed it.