Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Nothing ever dies????

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Is that true ??? Nothing truly ever dies and is there forever in the eternity realm of reality????

If time were indeed going in circles, i would say the only thing that dies is time.

But well of course the term dying is bad.... Maybe time is stored and therefore doesn't die, but waits until it is restored and therefore not dead, only possibly stopped.

what do you think ??? tell me !!!

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
can time be quantized?

i like to think of instants in time as existing forever, eternities in themselves. because this moment exists it will always have existed. somewhere.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
druglessdouglas a dit:
everything dies. even santa. the raw chemicals get recycled though

lol... really.... u know the book i am reading right now.... it's a discworld story by terry pratchett.... the plot is something like that: Santa has vanished and Death thinks he needs to accomplish Santa's mission, which is bring happiness to the children on the discworld by giving them presents and acting like Santa.... it's pathetic :weedman:
in the discworld stories Death is a real cool character... he is like nearly omnipotent and omniscient, too. the way he deals with the mortals is somehow soooo funny.... it's like he tries to understand their matters, but for him the matters are sort of "trite" and therefore the way he deals with them is a bit comical and not lacking the irony of course, of him being the one who is standing in the service of the mortals bringing their death.
he has his own house in another dimension which is way cool and he has books in his house about every discworld-inhabitant. the books are magical and write the story by themselves. then of course he has an hourglass for ever discworld-inhabitant what makes him "a busy man". :mrgreen:
but well it's his job and somebody got to do it right? :D obviously Death can go everywhere, but is also invisible for everybody, except for the dead who are always told that they are dead by Death. :weedman: they are most times really confused and can't beelieve it, but Death is patient and leads them to where they have to go.... :D

but i haven't finished the book already.... however i think the story is amazing, like all of the discworld stories!!! :mrgreen:

@st.bot.32 the difference between time in reality and time in the minds of people is huge. i guess it's like that, because the underlying concept of time is not understandable easily in a universal way, but yet always referred to as "time" and hence producing the greatest missunderstandings ...

but also at the same time time :)weedman:) seems to be very easily understandable if one can understand WHY a process is happening, by having observed the process and the circumstances and come to the true conclusion by thinking it through. obviously there are maybe infinite factors which determine the outcome of a specific process. if one could reproduce all these factors the outcome would always be the same, right ???

what do we learn by this ??? probably nothing... but another question arises: is there only one "time" for everything???? or are there many times at the same time ??? i think it is determined by the perspective one has towards time. if one believes that only the now exists, one could say that the flowing of time is somehow linear, but by being linear also possibly representing a point or plane in another dimension. maybe that would explain the eternity of time....

peace!!! :weedman:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
Does anything live?

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
since everything that is, is information, nothing dies. it just transcends into something else.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
restin a dit:
Does anything live?

Obviously yes...???? Or do i understand you wrong??? All living beings are alive and all dead beings are dead. All "things" are "technically dead".

peace.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
All living beings are alive and all dead beings are dead.

(I know all of you hate it but) what is the definition of life? Where is the border to death? If someone is braindead? Heart stopped? Is near-death= Death then? Are you alive if you move? Are plants then? Are you alive if you got mitochondria? Are viruses alive?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
living things [a question all by itself] eventually dying depends
on the quality of time [time-space-matter-energy really but whatever] of never stopping or slowing down [yet another question all by itself], among other things somewhat related

then, is time a malleable thing? in which way?
since I'm on psychedelics and consciously a cuasi-psychonaut my days keep on getting longer and longer. One present days is somewhat equal to 5 days 3 years ago [whether this has any relevance to time being malleable is yet another question really :) ].

You and I have seen things die, interrogation thus on whether we lost them [or itself] and thus whether dying is relevant: amor fati versus memento mori ?, I have.

Relevance on time [time-space-matter-energy] being malleable is a question as well. If its not, should we have a problem with it? Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost [?].

RReturn to the source, emptiness, a "wordless chamber", or a vast expanse, whats the difference?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
psm a dit:
since everything that is, is information, nothing dies. it just transcends into something else.

i was expecting this answer! i agree, but for everything to be information, the universe would need to be sort of a computer or a brain.

because how useless would endless information be if there would be nothing to process the information???? yes... obviously very useless... :weedman:

but then ... can we really identify with being nothing but information and being recycled forever and ever more ????

because basically the logical deduction would be, that we are nothing but information recycled forever and ever more....

well there is some hope!! :p because then we ourselves would sort of be "universes", because we would be information-recyclers as well, obviously.

well of course we might have different tasks as being different brain-parts of the universe and it might be stupid if all the mini-brains in the mega-brain might be the same.... but that's probably why some people think they are very important and act arrogant, because they are also aware of their importance. i think this pisses many people off though, yet sometimes arrogance is tolerated and even worshipped (stars and fans).... but that's another story i guess :D but of course, intelligence doesn't imply emotional intelligence on the level of dealing with other people and how they are treated. i think many bosses of big concerns are real ass-holes, in spite of being intelligent.

peace!

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I don't agree on the information. Our brains are information processors, opur brains process information given by the senses. So there are two parts: human and the universe.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
can time be quantized?
I believe time can be quantized in chance. Every time "the road splits" is the smallest unit in time.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
maybe language/information can process itself [?]

inside all this jargon, maybe there's a mirror hiding

in order for symmetry to be entirely symmetric it must lie [spawn or be spawned by] beside and equal and hence undetermined amount of asymmetry.

There will no end to it. I am glad actually, for this.

:p

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If everything would be alive, the word "alive" would have no more meaning.
From a scientific point of view, there was life from the moment there were cell membranes.

And no, nothing stays forever. Infinity is math, reality is quantisized.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
Meduzz a dit:
If everything would be alive, the word "alive" would have no more meaning.
From a scientific point of view, there was life from the moment there were cell membranes.

And no, nothing stays forever. Infinity is math, reality is quantisized.

is infinity greather than reality or is it the other way round ???

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
By definition, infinity is bigger, yes...
But reality is realer :p

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
there is symmetric Chaos and asymmetric Order.
in fact, symmetric chaos is much terrible since it begets a undetermined amount of chaotic asymmetry. :p Fun to play with.

"If everything would be alive, the word "alive" would have no more meaning."
Not necessarily Meduzz, I think, it would like saying: since everything is made of matter, bound by time, and traversing space-time always, then time and space are of no meaning.

What do you think?

In regards to alive, I am talking a little far from the modern scientific reality island [not that, of course, this island is useless or anything; in fact I like modern science a lot]

I you have 5 kingdoms of alive things, dead things would be expected to be characterized in very complicated terms as well, right? [symmetry]

I don't think dead/alive status resembles 1/0, its a whole spectrum of little colored balls in a mad house with lots of wings and floors.

love :weedman: