Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Normal reaction on Salvia or not ? ( first time )

Soulflower

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2006
Hi every body ,

I have orderd some Salvia past week and my package arived to day :) it contained some salvia D. 5x.
I was very axious to know what it effects where , so i rolled some in a sheet cause i dont posses a bong or pipe , dimmed the light , sitting confortably in my chair , had nothing to drink near somthing i regreted couple of minutes later and was clean of all other subtances .
I lighted up the rolled SD Smoke and smoked it ... first i noticed someting but it was to light like nothing , was geting more and more thursty then i felt somthing stronger come up ... like if some substance was running true my vaines to my head and bang !
Next thing i feld is like i had not enough air , i was sweating hard had some sweath tears on my front head , a very unpleasand feeling but i kept in mind i need to breath air its going to pass ... and then quickly i felt the substance was comming down .
Next thing i felt are some strange vibrations in my under arme and hands til it totaly runned out of effect .
No Hallucinations , and very light perception changes , allmost nothing
Now i am woundering , is this all normale or is this a bad reaction on Salvia d. ?

Thank You for replying , greeting Soulflower 8)

G

Invité
This sounds like a typical Salvia experience to me.
Not a nice one though...

Maybe try some more the next time and be shure to have something to drink because salvia does indeed make you really thirsty.

I'd say try it out a few times, the sweaty feeling is normal.
Sometimes Sally can hit you in the head pretty hard, but usually it's fun.

Soulflower

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2006
hehehe , if this is a typical Salvia experience i pass next time .
I dont like it at all , just looked the lady in the eyes and have stil light nause 1.30h. after infusion .
And for the sweaty feeling , its quit extreme i had literaly sweaty tears comming down of my front head all this paired whit that suffocating feeling is not peasant .
Maybe my body was trying to let me know somthing. ( dont touch this ) :?

Its my opinion , some may like it others not .
I just felt i needed to try her ... and i am glad i did :D

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
You really need to smoke salvia out of a pipe or bong; otherwise you just need to take two giant pulls of your sally cig and hold them in. Don't hit it like you're smoking a regular spliff, hit it like you're trying to kill the fuckier in one giant ass hit. Then hold it until you're blue in the face.

Sally's like dmt in that you need to suck down a lot in a short amount of time to get the full mind fuck.

The things you mentioned are the exact reasons that I don't like the shit, sweaty, pale/white in the face, dizzy; never made me nauseaus though. I mean, I've had good experiences with wild hallucinations and fits of laughter, but it's nothing meaningful. I think there's more to it than what you experienced, but you probably need to hit a bong or bowl. It's always going to give you that nasty sweaty feeling, but some pretty wicked things can happen as well.

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
I recognize the sweaty feeling definitely!!! I can have it sometimes, though not every time I smoke Salvia. Once I was sweating so hard that my body cooled to much and after that everything FELT ICE COLD!!! So warm clothing can help...

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Yes, sweating and later feeling very cold are usual Salvia effects (feeling 'refresh' is great in summer and not htat great now ;).
But to get a real inner experience, I would suggest you put some headphone on your ears with calm music playing, lay down and close you eyes just when you feel the effect coming. Then just 'observe' what happens (and listen the music).
When you know better the Salvia effects, you can mix with a bit of cannabis which is very interresting too as it slowdown the experience.

Armaros

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Déc 2006
this result is not unheard of.

a few reasons as to why....

1. You are not supposed to smoke salvia in joint form, as it needs high temp flame on it constantly while smoking.

2. It isnt uncommon for the user to expierance no effect the first few times they try.

3. To expierance hallucinations you generally need a stronger strength extract, i recommend 10x and up. (you try 20x and its instant reality loss, real powerful stuff, comparable to DMT intensity, or so ive heard.)

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
You don't need a stronger extract for hallucinations, leaves alone can give you hallucinations just fine.

Besides that, the extract market is not standardized, so if you buy a bad 20x, it could be like a very good 5x.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Yes, you don't need strong extracts. Set and settings and learning to let go is more important.
Salvia enhance the thoughts and feelings you may have just before the effects comes. Better try to 'clean' your mind before starting if you do not want to be annoyed by negative toughts. Well, beeing annoyed by negative toughts is also a way to become more aware about them ;)
A carefull choice of musics may drive the trip. Or ambient/nature sounds. I remember a trip where I was hearing a music with ice-floe sounds and it was incredible, "I was" on the ice-floe :lol:

Siq

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Fev 2006
I have smoked SD in a joint aswell, but this didn't result in an intens experience. Nevertheless it is possible. Just take monster hits and hold them. Howeverm don't (DON'T) put tabacco in these joints, just roll them of pure leaves (perhaps with added extract) and this may do.

Ofcourse it's better to use a pipe or bong.

Nowadays I don't even need to smoke extract for a good, far-off experience because it's effect create a counter-tollerance. So more experiences mean less SD needed.

Setting; important! Dimmed lights and ambient music work best for me. But most important is a clean head. First you may want to remove the thoughts from your head (meditation will do) in order to be open for it. Once you feel the effect going; let go of 'here and now' and get carried away. In any case; just stay calm, may get sweaty, may feel cold, but just stay totally peacefully calm and you'll be able to accept or ignore this without experiencing this as negative.

Soulflower

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2006
Hi every body , thanks for all your replys :wink:
Ok , so i need to smoke it in a bong or pipe its what i tought , but i dident have one and like every good soldier , i've done it like i could , so i have done it in a sheet ( was to curious anyway ) whit yes some tabacco maybe a bad idee :oops: and maybe that why i had some suffocating feelings .
But i try her again in a couple of weeks , I just need some time to digest the bad experiance and by me a bong .
Yes i was sweaty yesterday at one point i took of my torso clothing and while sitting in my office chair puched me to the bacony door and opend it , it was dam cold but hey , needed air and maybe refrechment .
The extract i orderd is 5x stadardized from a trusted source , so i gues its a good 5x extract anyway it was awfull experience for a first time :cry:

Cheers , Soulflower 8)