Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Nicotine, Tobacco, Psychedelic?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Oh my god.

I smoked a cigar on my way home from work. A friend left it in my car. . . I've had experience with tobacco in the past (never smoked for the "usual" reasons) and always somewhat enjoyed the psychological changes but... oh my god do I feel disgusting right now.

Nicotine and tobacco related substances are probably one of the oldest psychedelics (besides maybe alcohol?) and many amazonian tribes smoke tobacco often to have experiences with gods (their tobacco is reported to have up to 10x the amount of nicotine as American varieties). I've smoked heavily trying to obtain a psychedelic trip, however the usual feelings are light headedness, dizzyness, and spinning. Usually I lay down and somehow take the feeling in a positive way, or can somehow get some altered thinking processes.

Now I just feel like I have the flu and am sick. The good thing is the "buzz" usually is short lived, no longer than 15, 30 minutes. I've also heard somewhere that Nicotine is one of the most powerful "IDEAL" psychedelics. That is, if it was directly injected into your brain you would be blasted with who-knows-what kinda trip. The body breaks it down incredibly fast and the affects are diverted into something less intense (not sure of the biochemistry though).

Anyways - yes. I do not feel good. Probably will not smoke again (ever - literally) I'm nearly burning up as well while my hands are frigid cold. Going to lay down after typing this.

... err has anyone had experience or researched anything on tobacco's psychoactive properties? I've heard its also used in conjunction with ayahuasca both by the user and the shaman over-seer (used to blow 'good' spirits on the experiencer).

my mind is a bit sporadic. ok im going to go lay down now,.

Dirty Feet

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Nov 2011
I don't know much about the psychoactive properties of tobacco so I'm not gonna talk about that but...

you got it all wrong man!! smoking a cigar to get high from the tobacco is like drinking red wine bottoms up to get drunk, this is just not how you do it!

don't take this post too seriously, I am joking and of course you may smoke cigars however you'd like.

BUT if you're looking to enjoy smoking one here's how I do it: have a nice good meal with red meat and wine (I am living in the city of wine in France so that's why, so really just have your idea of a nice meal) with a good desert. Then when your belly is all filled up with that awesome food and your taste buds are still delicately penetrated with the flavours of that meal, it is time to bring about the cigar! And time for appreciation of life too smoking that cigar. It takes about 45 min to smoke (the big ones) and as you are digesting you don't want to be moving around to much anyway. The cigar is for me the icing on the cake. Something to do once in a while, like a good trip.
Don't fill your lungs with smoke too much, cigars ain't supposed to be smoked that way and it will fuck up your throat. Just keep the smoke in your mouth before you blow it out and enjoy the taste of it. Toward the end it might become disgusting, you don't need to smoke it all the way. and that is how a cigar will blow your mind, as part of a bigger trip: "taking an awesome meal" - nothing illegal required (although ganja is great too after dining). Oh and I forgot the "digestif", strong liqueur you drink to "digest". nice too

And if you really want to get high on tobacco my guess is you'd have to grow your own and make a decoction with it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah I have a small feeling that it might not be just the nicotine that makes me sick, but just the amount of smoke.

Oiiii I will not be smoking tobacco. :)

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
after a big night of drinking or pills or meth i will smoke way too much and by the next day i have an aversion to cigarettes, smoking just one makes me want to vomit, dry lips and sore throat included as bonus extras

im quitting this summer :roll:

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
in my view, tobacco is a strange thing. it seems like it has effects on the psyche, but they are rather subtle. the reason for that is probably because it has got to do with the notion of addiction. and we all know, we even can fool ourselves on that point very well, don't we?? basically, we can become addicted of anything really, even if it's only psychologically. well the thing is a lot is psychological, and one of the most psychological things is time and how we deal with it.
you know, how a minute can be experienced like an hour or vice versa... stuff like that... anyway... hmm in addition to that i heard an interesting thing about nicotine... it said that the immune system would get dependant on it (even if only psychologically lol?!?!) and when you would stop smoking you could experience or feel that in/through your immune system...

i suppose it's a rather complicated brain-nervous system thing, but i don't know how exactly it works.
well i smoke a cigarette when i am nervous once in a while and it seems to help to reduce the nervousness... so it seems to be true that it provokes a calming effect on the nervous system.
interestingly, i heard that supposedly every kind of smoking, also has got to do with fullfillment... to me it would make sense, because smoke is possibly heavier than air and hence more "fullfilling" literally... lol... but then again... it's also very true, that supposedly the lungs aren't at least primarily made for smoking, right??? :x :shock: :lol: :lol:

i would say what most people do wrong in that regard is overdoing it and not listening to what their body tells them, what it feels is good for it, etc etc?? the body should know that best, isn't it so?? the question is only, whether and how much you stopped listening to what your body has to say to you?? in other words, it's a healthy relationship towards the mind-body-(soul?) connection, that i am talking about.... our body regenerates itself all the time, but depending on how
much we work against it, we will get the according results. :finger:

the most intense experience with tobacco i had with a bong rip... it didn't last very long, but it was so intense lol... it was like i didn't know where i was for a short time and in my head everything was flashing lol... :wasted: :confused: :thumbsup:

peace

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
BrainEater a dit:
the most intense experience with tobacco i had with a bong rip... it didn't last very long, but it was so intense lol... it was like i didn't know where i was for a short time and in my head everything was flashing lol... :wasted: :confused: :thumbsup:
peace

yeah. I once did hookah far too heavy and I went and sat on the lawn (barely was able to walk far enough). Laid straight on my face. nose in the grass. felt like an cloud, felt like a brick. Tingling every once in a while in my legs and arms. Weird substance.

interesting about the immune system. I believe it. "NAD" in biochemistry is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (look top right):
NAD%2B_phys.svg

nicotine:
177px-Nicotine.svg.png

nicotinamide is very common in the body. I can see how nicotine can have such dramatic affects in places all over the body..

PS!! GReat post about tobacco in south america:
http://www.breakingopenthehead.com/foru ... .php?t=967

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
that site is really interesting, reading the links...

Jagizuow

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
31 Oct 2014
Tobacco contains small amounts of MAOIs as mentioned above, and as such it potentiates most drugs temporarily. It's my theory as to why most poly-drug users find it even harder to quit tobacco than people who just smoke, as when you're drinking, or tripping, or nodding off, or stimulated - cigarettes boost that high even when you have significant tolerance, and it's a feeling you grow accustomed to every time you take that particular drug, one it's hard to do without..

best-rated-cigars.com

PeterPete

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2014
same experience here with tobacco. from the moment i hit it in my lips, and inhale it's smoke, i felt like i don't what i am doing for a while. it's stunning. never tried it again though, and will never do it again.

Space_Cadet

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
9 Nov 2014
I know nicotine induces more lucid dreams. The most lucid dreams I ever had was when I was on the patch. Personally I do not recommend tobacco considering the health risks and expense. E-cigarettes are a lot more benign.

glomilla7

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Déc 2014
I'm a smoker and I smoke cigars regularly, I never ever feel any kinda problem while smoking it or after when I had it.
It doesn't makes me feel weak, lazy or something, neither it doesn't makes me feel more active, stronger or something.
Perhaps it's just because I'm addicted (I'm not sure).

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
Actually, nicotinamide is niacinamide. It's the amide form of niacin. Niacin is Vitamin B3.