Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need some input here...

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi fellow explorers,

Need some input here...

My experiences, weed a lot, paddo's 1 time, qat (khat) 1 time, alcohol a lot.
I do not smoke, smoking is for junkies :p I weigh 100kg, a lot but I'm a tall guy (not too fat ;),
as an indication of how fast my body can break down 'unwanted' substances, I also have a
well trained liver :eek:

Smoked a lot of weed during my student life (still smoke weed so now and then),
did also the paddo's at that time, which was a GREAT experience, qat/khat i did 3 years ago.
Time for some new experiences, because I have no experience with other herbs I started
with the 'safe' stuff but... it didn't do much for me.

Betelenut, took 4 teaspoons desolved in tea.
Result: nottin' zilch, no euphoria, no cheerful relaxation, no nothing.
Tried it twice.

Galangal, started it using when cooking,
1 table spoon while cooking rice, also used 1 table spoon in the meal itself.
after I drank tea made with 2 tea spoons.
Result: nada, nix, 'You can experience a warm feeling, clear thinking and
altered perception, especially visual.' nope didn't happen.

Kolanut, 3 teaspoons in yogurt drink
Result: again nothing, 'For a real energy kick use 2 teaspoons. With higher
doses you won't be able to sit still.' well what can I say, didn't happen to me.

Calamus (Sweet flag), made tea with 5 teaspoons in .4 liters of water
Result: nothing njente, 'For a light euphoric, stimulating effect, use 1 or 2 teaspoons,
for hallucinations use 4 to 5 teaspoons.' NOT!!

Calea Dream herb, cooked 5 table spoons in half a liter of water for 15 minutes.
Was able to drink half of it before almost throwing up, MY DOG IS THIS STUFF DISGUSTING!!
Result: a bit of dreamy state the next day, I think this one has more potential,
but I won't find out geez this is bad tasting stuff. (Maybe when I can extract the
working ingredient I'll try again)

What am I doing wrong ?
Do I have to OD because I'm bigger than the everage person ?
How long does it take for each drug to take effect,
I might have been sleeping while it happend :think:

Thanx for your help,
RiLekst.

_JO_

Banni
Inscrit
27 Sept 2004
just simply change the products, they got not interest expect when very overdozed, maybe expept calea zacatechichi wich can be intersting. (put more in less water, let infuse for a long time, drink it in one time 2h before sleeping, then smoke a mix of calea+weed).

Others plants with a real potential exists, depend what you are searching (salvia, cacti, datura, hawaian baby woodrose, harmaline, ma huang, mimosa hostilis root-bark ...)

PsiloFlip

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
I would go for the real thing :grin: and skip the pseudo drugs. Think about it, if they would be really good, they would be forbidden! (eg. methylon was pretty good for the time it lasted)
I have tried a couple of aphrodisiacs like Yohimbe and Muira Puama. Both my girlfriend and I didn't like the effect at all. As side effects we had among others restlessness and high blood pressure. I'll never try these again. I think that 80-100 mg of MDMA is better for my body.
I have also tried some Hawaiian woodrose seeds in the past. If you have experienced LSD you won't settle for LSA. My advice would be to go for shrooms. Psylocin is surely a respectable drug. Although drug doses are often expressed as mg/kg body weight I don't think you have to increase your dose of shrooms. For this kind of drugs, experience is more important to warrant higher doses.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi JO,

Apreciate your reply.

>just simply change the products, they got not interest expect when very overdozed,
Yes it probably is true what you say, but why do they tell at evey smartshop site those
wonderful stories about euphoria this, euphoria that, etc. Oh wait that must be my naivity
(is that an english word ?) kicking in.

>maybe expept calea zacatechichi wich can be intersting.
>(put more in less water, let infuse for a long time, drink
>it in one time 2h before sleeping, then smoke a mix of
>calea+weed).
Well I'm not going to try that one again man that was the
most disgusting thing I've ever tasted in my entire life :puke:

>Others plants with a real potential exists, depend what you are searching
Well all kinds of experiences. But the problem is I have no one, oh that sounds
pathetic :grin:. What I mean is that my friends (or family) do not share
my curiosity in this field of science. So I have to do my experiments alone,
which in turn bounds me to some limits in what I can experiment with.
E.g. I do not want start doing (physically) strange things over which I have no control.

Can you recommend any products that I can use on my own?

Cheers,
RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi PsiloFlip,

Apreciate your answer,

>I would go for the real thing and skip the pseudo drugs.
>Think about it, if they would be really good, they would be
>forbidden!
Well that is true for some extent ofcourse.

I can add just another one to the list of speudo-drugs:

Catmint I OD-ed this one straight from the start, I doubled the ingredients,
i.e.: 50 grams in 1l of water instead of 25 grams. Drank .7l,
didn't notice anything. Should have been: Catmint is relaxing
and a mild hallucinogenic. "After drinking a strong tea of the herb,
it gives a pleasant relaxing, marihuana-like high
and has a stimulating effect on the imagination." Yeps sure...

>If you have experienced LSD
I sure would love to experience this but that is out of my league.

>Psylocin is surely a respectable drug.
Is this one ok to try on my own ?

Are there any (natural) products that give a great euphoria/'feel good' feeling ?

Cheers,
RiLekst.

silmendil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
19 Août 2004
Are there any (natural) products that give a great euphoria/'feel good' feeling ?

Opium, coca leaves, small dose of san pedro.

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
mdma??? :jester:

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
Hey how was qat like?
You tried the freshly picked stuff, no?

I've been very interested in this plant. Been trying to germinate seeds of it, but with no success so far :think:
Need to find me a cutting.

PsiloFlip

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
Hi RiLekst,

I'm not sure if you should try mushrooms on your own. If you decide do it make sure you start with a low dose. If you are unfamiliar with true psychedelic drugs you cannot know how you will react. Having someone you trust next to you who can tell you to relax and go with the flow can sometimes make the difference between a wonderfull experience and a very stressful one. This is especially important for first timers or if high doses are tried.

MDMA might be a drug for you. The only problem might be to get pure MDMA. The tablets sold on the street as ecstacy sometimes contain other compounds than MDMA. But if you find good quality pills I'm sure you'll like it.

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
yes methylone..... to bad its baned around here. it is one of my faforites, but I can't get it anymore...

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi Snapinho,

Well I don't know what exactly what mdma is, I will read up on that.

Cheers,
RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi esin,

I was on 4 week holiday traveling through the south of Etheopia when I tried qat, by the way if you like adventurous traveling this is a very nice country to go. I have been there twice actually, but then I traveled the north.

In the east of Etheopia almost everybody chews qat, like in somalia.

I asked our driver what the people were chewing on, he said in his very limited english, 'is drug'. Aha I thought let's try that, he looked a bit strange when I asked him that I wanted to try it, nobody had asked that before. Went to some market and bought a fresh bush of qat. And there we sat, my friend, cook and driver chewing qat and drinking qat tea :alc: great experience.

>You tried the freshly picked stuff, no?
Yeps and it was a lot, I looked more like a goat while eating it :grin:. Oh and I drank two big mugs of qat-tea afterwards. The taste wasn't that bad either.

>Hey how was qat like?
I think it is hard to come up with a specific description especially after a one time use. If I take the description of the ******* site: 'Khat is a stimulant, the effects are rather like ephedra or amphetamine and include euphoria, increased alertness and excitement, ability to concentrate, confidence, friendliness, contentment and flow of ideas.'
'Unwanted effects associated with khat are sleeplessness, nervousness.'

I think I experienced most of them (I bolded the once I remember most), including the unwanted effects. I remember moving my jaws a lot and unable to sleep that night. It for sure changes the way you think, a bit like when you're tipsy but still clear minded, well that's what I thought at the time ;)

It was a fun experience, and I can recommend it. If I have the chance I will do it again.

I have no idea if the dried stuff has any potential.

Greetz,
RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Ok I will just add items to this list.

Next one I tried:

Tagetes Lucida.
Effects: Tagetes Lucida is said to produce everything from euphoria to "closed-eye-images" that are similar to those of Peyote.
25 grams in 0.6 liters of water, cooked for 5 minutes, drank 0.5l.
Well guess what: nothing again, geez I'm getting frustrated :snore:

RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi marc,

>Methylone
Ok I will look into that.

Greetz,
RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi PsiloFlip,

Well I did try mushrooms once and it was a great experience. I think it was a moderate dosage, I felt I was in control of what I saw. It took about 5 to 6 hours to wear off. In that period I was for about one hour alone, in that time I had a bit of somewhat more scarier moment but I was still in control. So I can imagine when taking a higher dosage I could lose that control and that wouldn't be such a great idea. That is too bad I definitely would like to experience it again.
We were with 4 people one of us stayed sober, one of the perons started flippin, but he was already scared when he started. I'm more like, '...what hell the let's try it..' :p

What do you mean by, 'true psychedelic drugs' ?

Is MDMA the same as XTC, ecstacy ?
I will do some research on this.

Ok thanks,
RiLekst.

RiLekst

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Juin 2005
Hi silmendil,

>Opium, coca leaves, small dose of san pedro.
I had the chance of trying opium once but I stay away from drugs that can be addictive. I think opium is adictive or not ?

Coca leaves, well I drank a lot of coca-leafe-tea when I was traveling Peru, I even brought some coca-leaves with me as a souvenier. The only thing I remember is that I couldn't sleep ;).

I have no idea what san pedro is, I will look into this.

Thanks,
RiLekst.

PsiloFlip

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
With "true psychedelic drugs" I meant LSD, psylocin, mescaline, DMT, ayahuasca, Salvia and the like compared to the "psychedelic" herbs ******* sells. As I said before if it is legal it can't be that good! :grin:
MDMA is indeed the same as ecstacy (XTC) or at least it should be. The problem nowadays with synthetic drugs is that precursors to make MDMA become more difficult to obtain and then "similar" phenethylamines are often sold as ecstacy. Think about what happened with ecstacy tablets that contained PMA instead of MDMA. Several people died because PMA takes much longer to work and people started ingesting more pills because they thought they had bought "weak" pills. The lethal dose of PMA is much closer to the active dose of PMA than it is the case with the relatively safe MDMA.
If you go to http://www.dancesafe.org/labtesting/index.php you can check what kind of compounds can be found in "ecstacy" pills nowadays. A good pill should contain 80-100 mg MDMA in my opinion.

marc

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
A good pill should contain 80-100 mg MDMA in my opinion.

This is the dose according to erowid :

Oral MDMA Dosages
Threshold 30 mg
Common for small or sensitive people 50 - 75 mg
Common for most people 75 - 125 mg
Common for large or unsensitive people 125 - 175 mg
Required by few (side effects increase) 200 + mg

I usely take about 150 mg. I personally think 80 - 100 is not enough, specially when you do mdma more often.

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
it's quite hard to OD on mdma in street pills , if you ingest to much , you'll heat up and probably puke your guts out, but as long as you drink enough but not to much , you should come out ok.

you will probably have mild hallucinations and most likely some paranoia :sick:

all in all , not a pleasant experience.. been there done that, one of the dumber things i've done ... and definately the dumbest way to attempt offing yourself, just doesn't work (imagine trying to chuck down 100+ high powered "picachu's" and wash em down with carrot juice)

good thing i grew out of teenage depression long time ago