Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need infos about shrooms tripping

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Hi all,

My shrooms growed well and it's time to harvest.

I already asked about the right dose for a mild trip, but I would like to have some more infos about the trip itself.

I am a beginner with psychedelics, having only a bit of experience with Salvia (smoking and tincture).

What's pretty hard to handle with Salvia is when you totally lost your ego during the peak of the experience. It's ok to experiment this during few minutes but can this happend during a longer duration with shrooms ?
Also what about the body control ? From trip reports, I anticipate visual distortions and light changes, maybe some diziness but can you lose totally the control or be unable to move ?
With 15 grams fresh, are the possible hallucinations comes eye closed, or eye opened ?

Sorry if my question sounds dumb, I just want to secure myself and my sitter as I am a noob.

G

Invité
Hey man, don't worry, It's ok here to ask these questions.
Everybody has to start somewhere right? ;)

Well ego-loss is something that comes after huge amounts of shrooms.
I think with 15grams(fresh I hope) you'll be fine.
Just some minor visuals and maybe some mindbends, but I don't think to much, 'cause 15grams fresh is a pretty light weight dose and safe to start with.

I think the open eyed visuals won't be that strong,
if you're taking cubensis deffinately not 'cause those are less visual then for example the copelandia only they get more visual when you take more :D

But try it out, close your eyes a few times and explore :)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
If you're experienced with ego-loss on salvia then you don't have to fear smaller shroom doses, I think. The trip is very different (hard to explain how...) but with 15g fresh you'll be definitely able to handle it. With that dose you can see what it's like and then go stronger next time.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
My first trip was indeed very different from Salvia. No ego-loss at all but I spent a lot of energy trying to 'keep the control' (too much indeed).
However, Salvia does not gives me so much physicall discomfort, just an overall numbness which I find quite pleasant and an anaesthetization of the mouth which is not so annoying.

Lasson

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
Just let if flow man. Don´t try to keep the control, just enjoy everything and have a nice trip in a safe place. Mabey turn off all telephones and try to make a nice setting, mabey listen to some abient music (it is 100 times better when u are on shrroms =). This is not for real, it´s only what your mind are doing with it. Also try to have your tripps with a good fiend that U can trust.

Just relax and enjoy.

Best regards

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Lasson,
Thanks for the hints. I carefully prepared my settings and all was ok, but I still wonder how one can 'enjoy' 2 hours of physical discomfort... however I guess my anxiety was what 'biased' something other people would have call 'fun'...
At a moment, music perception was indeed a bit 'enhanced' (wrong word probably) but in my experience until now, nothing beat the super-surround 'music effect' of Salvia.
Next shrooms trip planned in 15 days :wink:

G

Invité
I suggest to take a minimun of 3 weeks in between, better a month.
MzFly (also from here) got a bit caried away and did it every 2 weeks and after that she experienced some difficulties, so always take time to let your mind settle down from the experience.

Ofcourse you didn't have much of an experience, but that's probably because you took the xanax, and did an extraction of the mushrooms without even having tried the mushroom itself.

So wait a week or 4 and try again, start out with 15 grams and gradually build up the dose.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
did it every 2 weeks and after that she experienced some difficulties

Oh !!? I was near to try again today :roll: But I felt too tired to do so.
I thought that one to two weeks would be well enough. but I found again the topic started by MzFly (already read it with interrest) and althought I feel in fact psychologically better than before my first uncomplete trip I may wait one more week... but that's hard ! all that little devils already dried and waiting my invitation, and some new ones coming everyday :wink:

Can't resist to post my latest photo : :p (waiting second flush)
champi5505me6.jpg

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Holy cow, how big is that thing?

Bwahahaha ha ah :lol: nice shape isn't it ?

The same few hours later :

champi5524sz7.jpg

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
is it me or should the hat not be open so far... ??

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
is it me or should the hat not be open so far... ??

Like you, I read that the shrooms must be took before the hat start to open... but I do not understand why except for preventing the substract to be invasted by spores ? (and then... ?)
This one is growing so big that I had some concerns cutting it :roll:

But maybe I should do it now because it is bigger than my 'fruitaison chamber'... hmmm I expect it to be more than 30 g :) :

champi5525iy8.jpg

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
The only reason to pick shrooms before they open is to prevent spores from falling on smaller shroomies. It doesn't affect the substrate, it just turns all the other caps black instead of their beautiful brown color.

It doesn't really matter if there's not a lot of other ones around, best to just let it grow and get a little bigger, just not so long that the cap starts to rip and tear.