Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Need help from XP growers

Goran.Hrsak

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
How to make like large apple mycelium to start producing fruits.Problem is that it is dry and when I try to moist it somehow it starts growing again(white bluffs) but couse of moisture and water around it green molds appear.Please help me. :roll: :roll:

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
If you have green mold, then you need to throw it out or move it away from the rest. Stop misting/ moistening and just leave it alone. Turn the temperature down and cut the humidity.

Also, are you using light?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Also, are you using light?[/quote]

No light couse shrooms doesnt need no light.Problem is that this mycelium was incullated before 6 months.And slowly but succesfully spread trought rye, and than stoped.I took it and put it on wet vermit and put it in lager pot filled with water for moisture source.One pot in another with water-no direct myc and water conection.White fluff came along in 2 weeks all over top layer of myc.and than start to dry out like old creame.Then I put some lumber fine powder and vermit around it and spray it out with some water.Myc start to expand like growing more and consuming wood powder(Can be seened like same white fluff same in colonising cake,so I persumed that it is normal slower,like in nature progress.) After 4 weeks orginal myc start to be attacked with shity little flies(already have post bout that,and green mold appear.Than I sprayed sorroundings with mid pesticide and all flyies died and clen the moisty molds.Now I have white/brown myc (brown colour is unconsumed rye which is not been grindered) which is hard as rock and have no infestations on it.I have need to cut almoust 50% of sorroundings of healty midle.Now cake is on dry new uncooked and unwatered rye in another pot wich is in another pot with water and covered with shoe box sprayed with need dose of pesticide(medim strong for protection of shity little flies).That flys come from grapes and young wine wich I am producing-fermetation flys.

Have any idea anyone what to do next? :roll:

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
First of all. YES, SHROOMS NEED LIGHT. It doesn't have to be special, sodium/ phosphorus/ halide/ high pressure XXXXX just any light. Any small desk lamp, shining on them from above. Light is what tells the mycelium to start forming pins and then fruit. When mycelium sees light, that tells it that it is running out of nutrients and to start growing fruits. 12 hours light + 12 hours dark. Trust me, it makes a difference.

After 6 months though, it sounds like you need to start over.

In the future, when you take the cakes out of the jar, put them in a pot or pitcher full of clean water and leave them in the refridgerator over night. This will make sure they have plenty of water and you wont need to spray them at all. Also, a drop in temperature tells the mycelium to start fruiting. I would also avoid putting wood powder or any other substance near the cakes or in the same chamber. I don't really have a good picture in my mind as to how your setup is set up but here is a cheap easy way to grow cakes in a fruiting chamber that does everything itself. Use a cheap aquarium pump to blow bubbles under the rocks, and poke a few holes in the lid, and you have constant fresh air exchange. You can also put an aquarium heater in the water to raise the temp.

http://www.shroomery.org/9047/Poor-Mans-Pod