My view of life, death, afterlife, psychedelics etc.
think about it... it continues the cycle of suffering (life) and if we all stopped, we would get into nirvana (death)
Paradoxes? Where?
  Répondre
hmm i think it is a bit stupid, (because it is so simple if you view it like thatSmile yet it is part of the four noble truths...all life is suffering etc.
i mean it is really simple in a way ... you can only suffer, if you are alive... if you're dead you can't suffer,.. however it doesn't logically imply (in my opinion) that all life is suffering...

but how come you say nirvana is death? don't quite understand that... well of course if you'd be dead, you'd be free from suffering...
but well..... maybe you are not free from suffering after dying, as many people think on this planet, maybe if you want you can go on suffering... maybe you are a soul that exists beyond physicality and therefore you could (maybe) still have sentiments and emotions and therefore have the ability to suffer.

hmm i don't know... but apparently (it is said) the buddha reached the state of nirvana before dying, so hmmm but well that might be because he is so awesome and it doesn't mean that death isn't nirvana ... but well death could be nirvana, if you think that you would be reincarnated anyways if you hadn't reached nirvana while living then well yeah....

it's interesting... however i hope what i wrote is in some way valuable at least... Big Grin

conclusion: we should all kill ourselves or what do you exactly mean by "reincarnation as child-rearing" ?? Big Grin so that the children don't cling too much mentally to life so that they don't fear death, etc.. ??

peace :weedman:
i'm so disgusted by the world of today.. Sad
  Répondre
Its sick Indian pseudo religeous propoganda . Life is for living and not for hiding from . Death isnt nirvana even the Indians dont say that .
If in doubt double the dose

"Its hard to be humble , when you`re as great as i am"

http://WWW.Youtopia.ws
  Répondre
Individual beings don't reincarnate, existence reincarnates. It's constantly reorganizing itself through reproduction and death. You are a temporary nerve ending of existence. The temporary suffering of individual beings is insignificant in the grander scheme of things. Realizing this, one will no longer identify with individual pain and pleasure, and thus become liberated from samsara. Once liberated, one embraces life in all its facets, including death.
"The present moment is the only door into existence. The past and future are not doors, they are walls."

"We place no reliance on virgin or pigeon. Our method is science, our aim is religion."

"Enlightenment doesn't care how you get there."
  Répondre
Is that your opinion or what is taught by some Indian esoterics ?

Répondre
Would it be playing a role in your decision whether you agree or disagree with it? I honestly like the decription which CM dropped.
  Répondre
i would agree with CM, except im not sure about the individual reincarnation, in my opininion its both individual and existence, a part, and the sum of the whole in whichever metaphor you want to use Big Grin

from what iver read about death and afterlife, usually you have to get passed the astral, like if you die and theres shit and or negative thing/emotinos from your previous life, you have to find a way to drop it or you dont move on, hence ghost/intelligent hauntings, then once you let go you move to a higher realm and so on a forth of whatever's next.

some call it summerland, the after life as a one style place with thislte huts and stuff, and the celts, or i think irish believed in this other one where in that afterlife instead of young to old, you go to old then young.

but quite a few of practitioners of esoterics have reached "nirvana" or enlightenment without having to die, jus the term is more metiphorical then literal the meaning of completely being abel to leg go of conciousness upon other thigns of the individual in order to reach such a state.
just my opinion/belief
"as long as there has been one god there has been killing in his name!" and u ask y im pagan.
  Répondre
"from what iver read about death and afterlife"

Can you please tell us where we can get books written by dead people ? Or are you talking about comercial books written by confused esoterics for money ?

Répondre
GOD a écrit :Its sick Indian pseudo religeous propoganda . Life is for living and not for hiding from . Death isnt nirvana even the Indians dont say that .

I'm an Indian and i agree with you.
  Répondre
I believe that probably some ideas can be "reincarnated" through our dna. Like that we, as modern people, still love to sit around burning fire, although we do not profit from it in any way. I think this is transferred to us by our genes, and these unconscious archaic ideas and feelings might sometimes give us the feeling that we have been living in another place before. Which we, as individuals, haven't. If you see humanity as a whole, then yes, we have been living in other times and places.
The Gnomes have learned a new way to say hoooray!
  Répondre
Afterlife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The afterlife what do you think? Does it exist?

I personally do not believe in any afterlife. But how about you?
  Répondre
It exist, Astral project and you will be convinced
Check out my blog for Psychonauts jtwiz.com

[Image: f6dcbd23-9a23-4620-abca-592bf52f1bb7.png]
  Répondre
sellahremy a écrit :It exist, Astral project and you will be convinced

Why?
  Répondre
Finarfin a écrit :Afterlife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The afterlife what do you think? Does it exist?

I personally do not believe in any afterlife. But how about you?

as a christian i strongly not believe on it.
  Répondre
Freddie a écrit :as a christian i strongly not believe on it.

? I thought christians believed in heaven. No?
  Répondre

Sujets apparemment similaires...
Sujet Auteur Réponses Affichages Dernier message
  Art and psychedelics InTrippo 3 1,598 20/07/2013 11:36
Dernier message: Finarfin
  Alan Watts talks about psychedelics ophiuchus 0 1,561 01/09/2011 04:09
Dernier message: ophiuchus
  life through out the universe evolved from the same being Iersuko 3 1,892 15/02/2011 20:30
Dernier message: Iersuko
  Gnosis, but is that not what we experience on psychedelics? mysticwarrior 22 6,604 18/12/2009 03:13
Dernier message: BrainEater
  Define your view/philosophy mrvitorsky 27 5,473 28/07/2009 18:46
Dernier message: IJesusChrist
  Death greenwizard 65 14,469 02/07/2009 20:00
Dernier message: Synith
  Can materials make your life better??? Kai 3 2,117 05/06/2009 09:15
Dernier message: Forkbender
  What are your long-term desires in life? Brugmansia 38 9,302 20/05/2009 23:16
Dernier message: Getafix
  The Real Life Matrix - A very controversial thread Enivid 107 15,788 01/12/2008 21:01
Dernier message: restin
  I attempt to mentally vomit out a meaning of life. cyroxos 37 9,642 09/08/2008 00:06
Dernier message: GOD

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)