Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

My first (sick) peyote

apple

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2008
hello,
I think I need your help, Ive got absolutely no experience in growing peyote, only san pedro. When I looked at my peyote, I saw this dark-brown with black spots sort of wound. Its not bleeding or anything (not anymore). I think it started somewhere in the winter, but i havent watered him. So I don't think its rot. All my San Pedros are alright and I've treated them the same as this peyote.

- Is a peyote strong enough to outgrow his wound?

I know its hard to see on the picture but I hope you can help me. Picture:

Thanks in advance,

Apple

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Goran..???? Wait for Goran to answer, he knows just about everything about cacti. Maybe even PM him. He has saved my peyotes a couple of times.. Thanks again Goran.....

I think what you should do is take it out of the soil and let the rot dry out. But I could be wrong, wait for Goran...(I'm still learning)

PEACE, hope your peyote does ok.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It looks OK to me , the brown spot sounds OK but the black spots sound like you could have a problem . How is it doing now ??? A bigger / better foto might help .

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
GOD a dit:
It looks OK to me , the brown spot sounds OK but the black spots sound like you could have a problem . How is it doing now ??? A bigger / better foto might help .

God this is not brown root lurking out of soil! When you enlarge that part of picture you can "clearly" see that green flesh turns into brown colored tissue!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Goran , i cant see anything on the picture that would worry me . Its not shriveled up , the soil is dry , it looks like it flowered last year and its got a baby on it . It looks like a Peyote at the end of winter to me . There is a dry brown patch in the middle , at the bottom , of the big one . I`ve grown and bought loads of peyote that have blemishes like that . I dont know what it is for sure ??? , i always thought that it was a wound that was drying up ???

apple

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2008
thank you all for your replys and time.
He's actually doing very well now. The wound started to get a little 'lighter brown' and there are no more 'black spots' vissible. so I think he's going to be alright.
thank you anyway..

apple

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2008
thank you goran,
Ill check them this week. I hope the roots are ok :shock:

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
im afraid its rot. if you see the scab it means the fungi is all through the water storage cells. treat with systemic fungicide suitable for fruit and veg. good luck