Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

My first experience with mushroom tea

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
I don't know if I did all this right. I weighed 12 grams of mushrooms, and slowly boiled those for half an hour. I then separated the liquid, and added new water to the mushrooms, boiled that for 15 minutes and letting them sit for another 15 minutes. I made two full cups of the first boil and a smaller cup of the second boil. I drank one of the larger cups 5 minutes ago. I will drink more once state has been achieved and I feel comfortable.

What I want to say so far is WOW that tastes great! I added a little sugar (couldn't find the honey). I hope it works, cause this is so delicious. :)

Let me just drink that smaller cup as well.

yum

burp

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
wowwwwwww

forest

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
12 grams fresh?

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
heheh yeah it actually taste pretty good :)
But i would be carefull with the boiling part, becouse the psilo breaks up upbove 70 degrees or something near that so the best thing is to cool the water a bit, and when its around 60 degree you can pore the water with the shroomies and let it soake for a while..

But when i see your post, i think they kicked in pretty good..
Have a nice Ride :wink: 8)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I always just ate my fresh shrooms caus the taste is just great and I mixed the the dry shroom in some molten choclat, tastes grea and works even better :) I never boild the shroom caus of the risk of dameging the psilcybin :)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Wich species and was it dried or fresh?
Very curious about your experience, let us know :D

Happy trippin' :mrgreen:

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Pinealjerker has left universe.
Safe trip, see you soon.

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
12 grams of dried Psilocybe Cubensis, from my own growkit which I bought from *******: http://www.*******.nl/product1_2_1_kweekset_cubensis.html
(check the frontpage of ******* too, I read there'll be a meet & greet in the Vondelpark, Amsterdam, on May 5)

It worked well, especially in the beginning when I wrote wowwww, that was when I was looking at some kind of Indian god or goddess with numerous arms, heads, ornaments etc., no doubt the kind of vision which inspired the author of the Bhagavad-gita when they wrote the chapter on the Universal Form). I went into my dark room and realized that the trip wasn't strong enough, so went down to the fridge to drink the last cup of monkey juice. I'm not very good at writing trip reports, because it was such a personal experience. Between the visions I did a lot of thinking, about love, detachment, work etc.

I realized that I don't feel disturbed anymore by overwhelming hallucinations. The stronger the visions and the warpage of time, the more comfortable I felt. I do need to try this again, perhaps make the tea at a lower temperature, and then drink it all at once.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I think it was mostly the boiling part that took away part off the Psylocibin.
Cuz you said it was boiling which is allways 100° and the Psylocibin goes away at a certain temperature. That's what I thought i read somewhere.

Peace & love

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Yes, there's some disagreement about that. What I read on Erowid was:

"Sub-boiling or lightly boiling water does not noticably reduce the activity of dried Psilocybe cubensis. Many people ingest their mushrooms as tea without needing to increase the quantity used. We know of people who regularly boil their mushrooms for up to 30 mins before drinking the resulting liquid. All fully active. The hotter the water, the better. The water should be at least slightly acidic, but psilocybin is highly water soluable."

That's why I tried that method, and it worked well. But it's very hard to tell if the effects would have been the same if I had eaten those shrooms. I actually used all the smaller shrooms for this first try, which I had stored separately.

I must say it's definitely a nicer way to ingest the psilocybin than eating such a large amount of shrooms, so I will try this again. Maybe next time I will first make a tea by soaking them (crushed perhaps?) in water that's about 60 degrees celcius, separating that liquid, and then adding new water and softly boiling the shrooms to make sure nothing stays behind.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
All in all you had a good trip?

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Yes, a very good trip! :D

SeTyR

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Mai 2006
i think that Lion is right ;

you saved your ass by boiling the batch for a good time ;
12 gr dried , you wouldn't have come down today (well thats what would have happened to me :wink:

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
It seems there are quite a few psychonauts on this forum who take 10 to 12 grams, D.M. Turner spoke of 10 to 15 grams, and a friend I have at MySpace decided to celebrate his 21st birthday with a 21 gram dose. :shock:

It may just get very weird, it doesn't necessarily become very uncomfortable, and the trip lasts as long as a low dose trip.

But I must agree it didn't seem like a 12 gram trip. It wasn't more intense than my 5 gram trip last Saturday. Very similar. Maybe the period between Saturday and Thursday was too short as well.

G

Invité
It seems there are quite a few psychonauts on this forum who take 10 to 12 grams, D.M. Turner spoke of 10 to 15 grams, and a friend I have at MySpace decided to celebrate his 21st birthday with a 21 gram dose.

i know that the LD50 for psilocybin is very high, but i wonder how a 21g dried must be like. never heard of this amount before.[/i]

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I really should get a scale, I always eyeball my doses, but the most I ever took was like 10g in a tea and it was so much that I blacked out for over an hour during the trip and then it changed my life (it was my first really spiritual trip).

Maybe my eyeballing is so bad or your strain isn't that strong, or you have natural resistance to shrooms...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
12 gr dried , you wouldn't have come down today (well thats what would have happened to me

My last trip six weeks ago was with such a dose and I'm still up and NOT coming down ever again and thats actually a good thing ;)