Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

My Personal Opinion On How Psychedelics Influenced The Birth Of Shamanism

sellahremy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
This is an article I wrote that is 100% my personal opinion on how psychoactive plants and fungi influenced the birth of Shamanism in hunter gather societies. It was based on some experiences I had in nature while in an altered state of consciousness.

Since other people are sharing their blogs on this forum, I feel confident to share this article, you can read it Here.

My Personal Opinions On The Birth Of Shamanism

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
intressting article you wrote, there is a lot of stuff in there.

I think that everything is connected within the matrix of life. We may not always be aware of our place in and our impact on this web of life.
Living shelterd in our heated and air condition houses, getting our food and drink from the shops, we may forget we are still part of nature.
Going camping in nature or taking a psychedelic plant or fungi can make people be aware again of this connection with the web of life.

How did we lost the connection in the first place?
I think the first step was the making and controling of fire. It was the time of the shamans, the hunter gatherers.
People still had this awareness of there connection with nature, but humans already had a different position in the web of life because of there control of fire.
The second step was the invention of agriculture. The cultivation of plants and the domestication of animals, which gave rise to the city and ended the hunter gatherer period. It was the time of the priesthoods, the god kings and religion.

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I was liking it till you get to the part where you claim it was all struggle and before kings and queens nature was the supreme ruler. I personally don't like that and is too reminiscent of the darwinian idea of nature being all tooth and claw and it is all struggle. No. From what I have read of hunter gatherers, they had a lot of time to chill out and play

BUT, I do not think shamanism is the only archaic technique of ecstasy, there is the religion of the Goddess whereby they were more communal vegetal rites where all participants became 'possessed'

Checkout permaculture. This is working with nature so that at first the design takes hard work, but then there is more time for leisure

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
zezt a dit:
I was liking it till you get to the part where you claim it was all struggle and before kings and queens nature was the supreme ruler. I personally don't like that and is too reminiscent of the darwinian idea of nature being all tooth and claw and it is all struggle.

This is not an argument. Liking or not liking it has nothing to do with it. Sallahremy never wrote one word about darwinism. If you believe that there is no struggle in nature (and life), you,re wrong. tooth and claws are part of nature.

not agreeing with someone because you don,t like what they write, is stupid. It is not a valid argument argument.
It,s less like an argument and more like a fart.

@Sallahremy: i love those pictures. Seems like a wonderfull place to go hiking and camping.