Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Music for psychonauts. Music while you trip

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Psychonauting is all about exploring the inner world. There are different methods of exploring the inner self with or without psychedelics. Using magic mushrooms is one (psychedelic) way to explore the psyche and to explore the inner world. When i use magic mushrooms one of my favorite things to do is lying on my bed in a darkened room while listening to music. Music for me can add something special to the psychedelic trip. It helps me get deeper into the world of the magic mushroom and into the flow of the trip. The music also has a great effect on the atmosphere and mood of the trip. Dark sounding music makes the trip more dark and happy sounding music makes it more happy. In this way picking music for me is important for setting the mood of a trip. In the beginning of the trip i like music that helps me relax and let go. In the peak of the experience i like music that is helping me getting more into the trip. I do not like it when music is to smooth or to easy to listen to. I like it when music has a bit of a rough edge.

I am always curious how other psychonaut make use of music. Do they listen to music while they trip. Is music important for them. What kind of music do they listen to and what type of mood does this music have. What does music mean to them. What is the effect of music have on there psychedelic trip.

neonoctafish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Août 2013
I always liked Zappa's 'Joe's Garage'. Lengthy, great playing & an amazingly entertaining (& silly) narrative.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
neonoctafish a dit:
I always liked Zappa's 'Joe's Garage'. Lengthy, great playing & an amazingly entertaining (& silly) narrative.

Zappa is a legend. He made some good and funny music. I know the music of Zappa. Songs like Joe,s Garage have a lot of narrative. For psychedelic exploration i prefer music that,s not that dense with lyrics.
I listen to a lot of ambient or techno/idm music with very little or no lyrics.

The last two months i have been listening a lot to the music of Nicolas Jaar. His Album: Space is only noise (2011). is worth checking out.
When you put this album on it set,s the tone right away. Relaxed downtempo music that creates an instant atmosphere and does not let go.
It never get,s boring and the tracks a balanced perfectly.
Nicolas Jaar also made some mixes that you can easily find on youtube.
And he has his own label:Clown And Sunset.
Also Check out: Darkside, Psychic (2013) Also with Nicolas Jaar.
It,s a hybrid of slow psychedelic guitar rock and downtempo electronic music.:rolleyes::D

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Music by duplex
http://www.discogs.com/artist/2565-Duplex

Duplex album : Late night driving, is a amazing album full of atmospheric techno. There is not a bad track on this album.
it,s perfect music for a late night journey to the inner realms. If you like that old school detroit techno sound, you will love this album.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

leafhouse91

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mai 2014
Animal Collective, Local Natives, American Football, Alt-J, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Chelsea Wolfe, Dirty Projectors, Beirut, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Explosions in the Sky, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Dr. Dog, James Blake, The Grateful Dead, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Menomena, M83, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pretty Lights, The Disco Biscuits, Radiohead, Purity Ring, Simon & Garfunkel, Telefon Tel Aviv, This Town Needs Guns, Tame Impala, The Smiths, Tycho, The Velvet Teen, Washed Out, Why?, Youth Lagoon, Young Fathers, The XX, The Age of Rockets.

All bands I listen to whilst tripping.

TeresaTaipin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2015
Psychill music is a great genre for this. Look into

Ott
Ephemeral Mists
Phutureprimitive
Shulman
Puff Dragon
Androcell
Shpongle
Hol Baumann

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
leafhouse91 a dit:
Animal Collective, Local Natives, American Football, Alt-J, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Chelsea Wolfe, Dirty Projectors, Beirut, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Explosions in the Sky, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Dr. Dog, James Blake, The Grateful Dead, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Menomena, M83, Neutral Milk Hotel, Pretty Lights, The Disco Biscuits, Radiohead, Purity Ring, Simon & Garfunkel, Telefon Tel Aviv, This Town Needs Guns, Tame Impala, The Smiths, Tycho, The Velvet Teen, Washed Out, Why?, Youth Lagoon, Young Fathers, The XX, The Age of Rockets.

All bands I listen to whilst tripping.

Alternative rock is something i never listen to during a trip.
I think tycho and Telefon Tel Aviv could make a fine selection.
The first album by Telefon Tel Aviv from 2001:Fahrenheit Fair enough, has some solid tracks on it.
The album itself sounds uplifting. Tycho also has a uplifting sound i think.

Alternative rock bands is not realy my thing. I like some of the pink floyd stuff now and then.

kevduk

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2015
Hawkwind, Syd Barrett, Jefferson Airplane, Emerson Lake & Palmer

Biemans83

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Août 2015
Hi guys,

I`m so glad to find this website so i can share my music expirience with others psychonauts :prayer:.

When i starded tripping i was always used listening to the doors and some psy-goatrance. But after a while, like 5 years ago the Cristal Fighters came with their new album Star of Love. My girlfriend an i where directly hooked to the combo Christal Fighters and psygedelics. 2 years ago they came with the album Cave Rave and it is even better 2 trip on. It has just all the positivnes, trip rhythms and deepnes you need in an album. I always say the perfect trip story, and everyone i triped with got stuck on it.

So i`m exploring in electronic music for good muzic 2 trip on the last year. And for me i created the perfect trip list for a 10 hour lsd trip in Spotify.
The list contains mostly electro, Future bass, chill step and chill out music.

Play it without shuffle because i build it up as good as possible the Link of the list is:

https://play.spotify.com/user/andre...e&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Enjoy ;) and please let me now if you have tips for my list!!!!

Sorry for my bad Enlish for a Duth guy.