Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Music for mushrooms trip

• Auteur de la discussion KaliJah
  • Date de début
K

KaliJah

Invité
Hello everybody.
A simple question (maybe not): What kind of music do you listen to when you're under mushrooms effects?

lizard

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Jan 2004
Try Pink Floyd... :=) or The Doors, Jimi Hendrix. But IMO Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd are the best while tripping.

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
If you like electonic music, then you should try SPHONGLE.
Jefferson Airplane can be a nice music for you, specially "white rabbit".

If tou want something more powerfull, you can even listem to trance music, were INFECTED MUSHROOM sould be just fine...

But you can listen all kinds of music, but try to stay away from those who are sad, and contain sad lyrics... always prefer happy music, melodic and full of sounds...

You can even use nature sounds, and they should work fine...

got trips!

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
We've tried Spearhead, but that was to nervouse. Listened to Immortality (some old house) and that was fine !!

smiles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Juin 2004
I like Lizard's recomendations...but will add a few newer one's... Coldplay, Radiohead, and Damien Rice...for the come up, the peak, and ride down... :jump:

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
Last saturday, when whe were trippin on the candybar, we've listened to Miss Kittin & Golden Boy, the albums name was Go. That was awesome ! :blobber: :roller: :shaking:

Mattie

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Juil 2004
I like psytrance or goa during a trip, but the best track while trippin is aphex twin - heliosphan , it will put a smile on ur face and u will space away:) Other tracks of aphex twin or autechre are very good also. I havent tried pink floyd yet while trippin i am gonna do that next time :cool:

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
I'm a trance addict myself, and I pretty much only ear trance... I've tried some other types of music, but they just dont do for me... I need music that is full of sounds, full of colours, full of strenght! Trance do it all. Even the chill-out is very nice, a lot calmer, but it's nice for inner thoughts!

psilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2004
For my money, it's hard to top the Beatles.

Also like Nick Drake.

Then again, as has been pointed out to me on several occasions, my tastes in music run towards the excruciatingly mellow.

I also really like Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, and Sinatra. I've got a couple of CD's with church organ music which are just *perfect* for the downward swing after a nice night.

Oh, and Dread Zeppelin. Don't ask me why, it may be a defect in my genetic makeup.

dropdeadSusie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2004
i've tried Missa Luba (african) and it was great! I need to listen human voices singing, especially with african rythms :drum: and in a foreign language, so i can interpretate and stimulate imagination. The trip gets more colourful too! :jester:

fliquid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Juil 2002
I used to listen to Boards of Canada or The Orb.
But recently I've tried classical music mostly Mozart.
It gives you the feeling like your in a mystical forest with elf and related. :cool:

Very nice. :lesson:

dropdeadSusie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2004
i think you're talking about the "soft" Mozart... because i can't imagine where the shrooms would drive us if we listen to the ride of de valquirias! :p
The feeling of the mystical forest is great... in the last two times when i surfed on phil. stones (because of the waves, it's most like beeing a psychosurfer... :roller:) i felt i was a tree!!and now i think that i understand nature and all the forms of life (especially the green ones) much, much better. I'm still syncronized! :D

psilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2004
i think you're talking about the "soft" Mozart... because i can't imagine where the shrooms would drive us if we listen to the ride of de valquirias!

'Ride of the Valkyries' is Wagner, which isn't exactly my thing. I did groove to J.S. Bach a few months ago, very nice. Kind of sent me into this whole inner philosophy trip on my way down, which was really nice because I felt like staying in and being quiet but I was still too jazzed to go to sleep.

dropdeadSusie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2004
oh, what a mess i did... of course is Wagner, i'm so sorry.

Yes, Bach is great - and this time i'm not confused :p .

Can you even think about sleeping when you're tripping in shrooms?? i wish i could..! :thud:

Loonny

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Mar 2003
For me Massive Attack : mezzanine.
Good trip with this album.

You can't sleep when you tripping with mushroom. You can be tired and have a (sorry for that but i'm frenchie so try to understand) : wake up dream.
I only see a friend who sleep but with another drug. He take cocaine and after sleep in the van :/

S

SPaSM

Invité
Try : Pink Floyd -- Shine on you crazy diamond, I totally freaked out on this song when i was tripping :roller:
or the band TooL works great for me 2

_JO_

Banni
Inscrit
27 Sept 2004
Pink floyd is really good when tripping !!!! :drum:
Specially firsts albums like ummaguma~ etc...
In free parties i tripped a lot with french happy hardtek.
i 've friend who mix really funny sounds with speed tekno and its a fun shroom dancing trip... :roller:
(last time there were about 100 people shroom-eaters in a forest with 5kW sound, everybody completly high dancing crazy with lights and lazers and good decoration it was really cool !) :dancing:

supersquirrel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Oct 2004
I used to listen to Boards of Canada or The Orb.
But recently I've tried classical music mostly Mozart.
It gives you the feeling like your in a mystical forest with elf and related. :cool:

Very nice. :lesson:

i agree completely. any kind of trip is enhanced by classical music. i would suggest trying to do something that you would normally consider difficult while listening to classical music. if you can play classical music on some instrument that is the ultimate experience i believe. you and your instrument will become one thing and connect you to the real universe. if you don't play an instrument, some sort of art or something that can be likened to art while listening to classical music will achieve the same effect indirectly i think. i can't really suggest any music to listen to but some exploration is probably worthwhile to find what you like best. Also, classical solo/chamber music from china (pipa, guzeng) and virtuoso lute music is very nice. i've never tried virtuoso lute music i know for a fact that solo pipa and guzheng music work very well for me. :wiggle:

psilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2004
OK, you've absolutely got to listen to this record to believe it!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001LJBHQ/103-0261536-2317471

It does exactly what it sets out to do, namely putting the spirit of Salvador Dali's mad genius to music.

IF EVER there were a recording that deserves to be listed in this thread, THIS IS THE ONE! :grin: