Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Mushroom identification

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Heyyy,

Today, as I was walking in the park during my lunchbreak, I found these nice looking shrooms. I'm not sure if they are psychedelic containers; but for the red-white looking; I hope they are 'Amanita muscaria'.

Can anyone tell me what species I've got growing outside my work please?

Thanks!!

Hopefully these are 'Amanita Muscaria':
img030.jpg

img031.jpg

img032.jpg

Some other kind.. 'kaalkopjes'?
img033.jpg

img036.jpg

And this was a really big one :p
img035.jpg

Any help is appreciated! 8)

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Nice shrooms!

Those are amanita muscaria, I am pretty sure about it. Though amanita's that grow in the Netherlands are not very potent. Not like Siberian ones.

The ones below are psilocybe semilanceata, het puntige kaalkopje dus. :)

EDIT: The longer I look at the picture, the less sure I become about the psilocybe semilanceata.

Nice find Kwark. :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
That would be one hell of a find if those were psilocybe semilanceata. I'd probably do a little dance :rock:

I don't eat any mushrooms out of the wild, though; no matter how sure I am.
Those are most definitely amanitas though.

They suck. Leave them alone.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Maybe on the last of the two pictures are psilocybe semilanceata?
BTW, before even thinking about bringing one or two red/white ones home; you guys think it's possible to put them in the oven (low temp) so the hallucogen part becomes active? I heard something like that has to be done first (like drying). :?:

Cheers

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I really don't recommend taking them home, but that's only because my 3 amanita experiences were all bad. Not a bad trip, but feeling really heavy like I couldn't move, dizzy, sick, confused; really not fun stuff. If you really want to try them though, put them in the oven at 250 degrees and leave the oven door open just a tiny bit so the water can evaporate out of them. This converts the muscimol into psylocin, which makes it easier on your stomach, and also makes them taste better. Start with a veery low dose. I've never seen anything that varies in potency like amanita. One half of a cap could be twice as strong as the other side.

I had two friends, Steve and Gill. They found an amanita the size of a small dinner plate. Steve ate one half and Gill ate the other after they baked them for 2 or 3 hours in my oven. Steve felt nothing, but Gill was tripping his face off. His eyes were rolling back in his head and he started having seizures, we were about to take him to the hospital before he started coming down. It was pretty scary. I'm not trying to be a buzz-kill, bring-down, dont-do-the-shit, kind of guy, I'm just telling you my experience. I know some people have had great experiences with them. Try them if you're really curious, but be careful. It's not like datura and you will lose your mind or anything, it just comes with a lot of bad side effects.

I say, just leave em where they are and appreciate how cool they look.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Yeah, get rid of the muscimol. BTW, the muscimol isn't converted into psylocin, but into ibotenic acid.

BTW: From what I've seen from the amanita til now (3 experiences), I think I made a new friend.

Still haven't tried any high dose yet though.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Thanks for the advice. I'll consider letting them be for what they are.

Anyone who wants to take a closer look perhaps? :) Gimme a PM ;)

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
Put them in the oven at 250 degrees and leave the oven door open just a tiny bit so the water can evaporate out of them.

How long should I do that, for about two or three hours? And won't the remaining juices drop into the oven itself? :roll:

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Put them in the oven and put all the juices that come out of the shrooms back onto the amanita.

And indeed, definately not psilocybe semilanceata.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Put them in the oven and put all the juices that come out of the shrooms back onto the amanita.

Ok, that's gonna work out. But what if I want to keep it longer and make a powder out of them; do you think that's possible?

As for the other shrooms... I'll just leave them. :)

thx for all the info btw

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Powdering shouldn't be too hard.

A mortar should do the trick.

Be sure to pack the amanita powder airtight as it will hydrate pretty fast.

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Powdering shouldn't be too hard.

A mortar should do the trick.

Be sure to pack the amanita powder airtight as it will hydrate pretty fast.

Thanks alot, will go for it tonight. :) A mortar is just a smashing thingy huh, which they use in cooking programs? (or did you mean a 'mortier'? ;x)

Cheers!

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Hahaha.

[DUTCH]
Ik bedoel een vijzel. :)
[/DUTCH]

Good luck and let us know Kwark. :)

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Hahaha.

[DUTCH]
Ik bedoel een vijzel. :)
[/DUTCH]

Good luck and let us know Kwark. :)

Haha thanks mate. I think I'll buy a vijzel then tonight hehe. I just got back from my lunchbrake, and it appeared that even more have popped out of the ground. I'll make a nice selection in two hours and carefully cut a few and put em in my Tupperware. :)

I'll post the results here :roll:

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Be sure to leave a part of the amanita in the ground, so a new one can grow!

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
DevXavier a dit:
Be sure to leave a part of the amanita in the ground, so a new one can grow!

That's for sure mate. 8) Else I would have typed something like:
"I'm going to pull them out of the ground" instead of "cut them" hehehehe. I love the look of them, so I'll make sure they will come back as this lovely scenery. :D

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
are you supposed to leave a few for them to continue growing next year?
the spores need to drop from the shrooms to keep the mycelium alive or am i missing something?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i think your "kaalkopjes" are "inktzwammen" but i'm not sure. the ones in the second picture have hats like inktzwammen, but some of them are too white. the ones in the third picture have inktzwam colour, but their hats are too even and round.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
If you completely remove the shroom from its soil, it won't drop any spores.

There will not be another shroom there.

If you leave a bit in the ground, there will be.