Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Motivations for trying drugs

Iacopo San

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Nov 2013
Hi guys, as I said in my introduction post, I am a Psychology student and I am preparing a research paper on drugs and paranormal phenomena.

I need to create a sort of small questionnaire to verify participants' reasons for doing drugs, what drives people to want to do drugs.
Can you suggest me some of these possible motivations, your personal or simply anything that comes into your mind? Something like boredom,escapement, dulling of pain, etc.

Thanks!

legendary

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Juil 2013
have you ever tried drugs; yes or no
if so what drugs; uppers, downer, hallucinogens, alcohol, caffeine, multiple... w/e... keep it simple and <5 options
how often do you do drugs; daily, weekly, monthly, sporadically
why do you do drugs; bordem, peer pressure (fit in or go with the flow), escape
how do you feel when you do drugs; happy, sad, anxious, depressed, varies
have you ever experienced a negative reaction
if so, to what drug
if so did you stop doing drugs (or that particular one)
how old were you when you first tried drugs
why?

etc etc...
if youre going to do any type of data analysis or descriptive stats (SPSS or Excel) try to keep the format I used, that way you can just use a numbering system for each cell and you can quantify based on many many variables.
GL!

Iacopo San

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Nov 2013
Hi Legendary.

I only need a list of possible motivations for doing drugs, all the other aspects will be covered in other part of the study.

SWIMchem5

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Août 2012
A list of positive motivations: To have fun, to have more energy, to have a better memory (i.e. nootropics), to reduce social anxiety, to not get sucked into negative situations(i.e. psychedelics), to sleep better, to improve digestion, to reduce depression, to enhance our abilities, ect.

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
To have a spiritual experience, to heal traumas, to grow as a human being, to connect with different part of my inner and outer self, to explore my consciousness, ...