Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

More bullshit science: Marihuana kills your teeth

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Latest Anti-Pot Quack Science: 'Marijuana Makes Your Teeth Fall Out'

By Bruce Mirken, AlterNet. Posted February 9, 2008.

A rash of new studies of marijuana has hit the mass media, generating absurd headlines like "Smoking Pot Rots Your Gums.
Recent weeks have seen a rash of new studies of marijuana hitting the mass media, generating scary headlines like "Smoking Pot Rots Your Gums," "Cannabis Bigger Cancer Risk Than Cigarettes" and "Pot Withdrawal Similar to Quitting Cigarettes. Most of this coverage can be boiled down to a fairly simple equation:

Flawed science + uncritical reporting = misinformation.

Mercifully, the U.S. mass media were so distracted by Super Tuesday, Heath Ledger's autopsy and the latest Britney Spears trauma that reports of these studies didn't get as much play as they might have. That's good, because the research had significant gaps, and the reporting ranged from slapdash to flat wretched.

Lung cancer: One joint = 20 cigarettes?

The lung cancer study was the scariest. Since cigarettes are a known lung cancer risk, it seems plausible that marijuana might carry similar risks. In fact, most of the scientific evidence tends in the opposite direction -- though one would never know it from reading either the study or the Reuters wire story that got the heaviest circulation.

http://www.alternet.org/story/76496/
[/url]

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Hopefully, people see that it is disinformation with the same message as the propaganda spread by the usual suspects;

CHANGE IS BAAAAD

LET US TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK

DONT TRUST THINGS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND

TRUST US

Whether its big tobacco, exxon, bush, phillip morris, budweiser, or glaxo-welcome or pfizer.......or FOX news, or any of these other prostitutes spreading lies like a farmer moves manure,

the song remains the same.....

Chr1s

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
Smoking cannabis causes your unborn child's intersexuality.

It's true!

.. :retard:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^??

What is intersexuality?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^true.

However, do you have a scientific source for this, Chr1s? Never heard of it before and I read a LOT on the subject.

Chr1s

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Fev 2008
I was just pressing the fact that this whole thing is nothing but bullcrap. :wink:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^okay.

Where is that fucking Irony emoticon?

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
Smoking tobacco is bad for your teeth and breath.
Tobacco mixed with cannabis isn't much better i think, but this is heavily exaggerated.
That teeth at the begin post look more like the teeth's of a crack / meth addict.

G

Invité
Yeah HC, thanks for the pretty picture on the frontpage :retard: :roll: :mrgreen:

But eeeeeeeh, I don't think dumb ass misinformation will ever be stopped, only countermeasures are kinda hard to let loose.
The best thing to do is inform as much people around you as possible.

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
What complete bullshit. Tobacco will definately fuck your teeth up making gums receed. But I would say that gut look like he never brushed his fuckin teeth in his life & smoked a lot of crack. lol

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe he was/is a smoker and maybe also a cannabis smoker but well yeah... as stated in the post above! :mrgreen:

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
This is the kind of mouth that spins these lies.
Filthy, unsanitary and just plain UGLY.
I think he’s been talking too much shit.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It looks like he shits through his mouth and has a mouth full of shit , it must be a politician , policeman or a judge . = An arse with teeth .

HappyMind

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
16 Mai 2007
BrainEater a dit:
maybe he was/is a smoker and maybe also a cannabis smoker but well yeah... as stated in the post above! :mrgreen:

You get my point :wink:
But still, i wonder if you'll be able to get teeth like that from smoking (a lot).
I guess you have to smoke like 200 cigarettes a day? Never brush your teeth and smoke some crack from time to time?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Just rub some MDMA on your teeth daily.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
beugel.jpg

This one as a front image perhaps ? Now my stomach shrinks a little bit every time I logon to psychonaut.com.

I think you got the message across. ;)

..now, where's me smokes.