Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Moderator Question

Lucien

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Avr 2009
I have been a moderator on other forums like Gaia online, but entheogens are where my passion is at. I was wondering what I would need to do to be a moderator in the psychonaut forum. - Lucien

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High lucien ,

I am only talking from my point of view . I think one would have to be a member for a good while and have shown that one is realy a psychonaut and that one could do the job . The job of moderator isnt a big thing , theres nothing much to do exept try to keep things civilised and zap scum makeing free adverts . A sort of non intervention policy .

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`m holding dance naked on the table job interviews for good looking women who want to be moderators at the moment........

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
Actually I can moderate too, if needed, but don't know whom to ask to...

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I agree with GOD. Also, moderators are not superior to other members. Intervention is rare, so there is really not much to do.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" I can moderate too"

But what does moderate mean ? What does one have to do ? As far as i`m concerned its more a not doing . Its not a matter of playing god or waveing a big stick . Its also not an ego / hyerarchy thing , one doesnt get points or more to say .

The site has to be carefull as no one wants the pigs trying to gather information , or do-gooders to join and start playing ken and barby / dolls houses like a 5 year old girl .

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
I just wanted to help the forum, why should I want to moderate?
Doesn't look that fun.

If the forum doesn't need it, I'm happy, but the "Psychonaut needs your help" topic should be edited

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I'm currently in charge of appointing new moderators. My criteria are:

1- They should be online often and participate in discussions.
2- They must show the ability to let others give their opinion (no censorship).
3- It is helpful if they know what they are talking about and don't just fill space.

Lucien

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Avr 2009
If you guys don't want another moderator that's fine, I'll help out the way I can. I'm just letting you guys know I can do it. And good luck with the "naked on the table interviews". later -

G

Invité
restin a dit:
Intervention is rare, so there is really not much to do.

Come to the french section, it's like a survival camp for moderators (kinda overdoing it here, but sometimes that's not far from reality).

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
okay, don't have any experience there :wink:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I think its realy good that both of you offered and i wasnt trying to dishearten or critisize you . Stay with us and show who you are . Who knows what will hapen in the future when we have all got to know eachother .

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Yeah, welcome, I really like the initiative!

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Someone new goes to a goa party in his tuxedo, jumps in the middle of circle saying "Now where's the acid my friends". Antipodal as hell this entrance.

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
not long ogo there was a thread asking for potential moderators. i missed it ,otherwise i would have volunteered

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
True. Although I suppose a general indication of the running identity behind a digital created ego is a sober requirement.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Hallo Lucien

funny, is your avatar way bigger than 80x80 pxls? or is it me?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
yeah, I always have a drama finding/creating a good avatar because of this stupid rule :evil:

Lucien

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Avr 2009
Just find a place to host it like myspace or flickr, then use the url to "link to off-site avatar". It should work.