Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Migraine Meds in the News

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I was watching my local news today, and on the medical segment they were talking about the FDA warning, and I quote " ten seperate manufacturers of over the counter migraine medicines without FDA approval. These medicines contain a dangerous substance which can cause potentially lethal side effects and interactions"...

The announcer droned on and said that these OTC meds contained a substance known as ERGOTAMINE TARTRATE.

hmmmmm....OTC, huh?

They are selling these meds in the gulf south region of the US right now.
I found it on the shelvesa at a local drug store.

So, you or I could be jailed for something industry gets scolded for.

Whats new?

G

Invité
Man what a hassle all the time...

Maybe if the whole thing with Leary never happend, there would be psilocin in migraine meds...

But ok, some research has started again, so there's still hope

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Maybe if the whole thing with Leary never happend, there would be psilocin in migraine meds...

Probably yes, but then I guess we wouldn't have this forum now and we wouldn't know about the other amazing "side effects" of ergot derivates and psilocybin... ;)

G

Invité
Leary wasn't the only one doing research...

But yeah I'd have to admit he also brought a lot of good things

Voldemort

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
27 Mar 2007
Well, maybe it's time to run out and scoop up that ergotamine tartarate.

Anyhow, I might like to add that between the ages of 11 and 18, I used to get migraines. I never got any medication for them, because the doctor refused to believe they were migraines (they thought that migraines only happened to adults). The migraines caused me much pain in my teens, and damage beyond that of the headaches themselves.

When I was 18, I took LSD for the first time. I had a great trip. And I have never had a migraine since. It was only in my later years did I come across the ergotamine-migraine link.

My mother has had migraines for almost fifty years now. I am tempted to tell her about the way I cured them. But I don't think my mother could handle tripping, she's got too much buried angst in her past, and a trip could push her over the edge.