Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Medium dose but no effect ...

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Yesterday I took 15 grams of fresh Psilocybe Cubensis, but the only effect I got was some yawning. :(

Could it be that the none-too-fresh state of the shrooms (they looked green and smelled funny) were the cause of this?
Or would it be the fact that I'm taking meds which are holding everything back?

Are there other people in here who take meds and use hallucinogens?
Thanks.

G

Invité
Depends what kind of meds...

But the green is because of the enzymes in the shroom, nothing to worry about... Unless they smelled really bad, but then you wouldn't have eaten them...

Maybe bad potency or something. I seriously never ever felt nothing from shrooms. Always some effect (and the yawning sounds very familiar :D)

Entheonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
BridgeUnder a dit:
Yesterday I took 15 grams of fresh Psilocybe Cubensis, but the only effect I got was some yawning. :(

Could it be that the none-too-fresh state of the shrooms (they looked green and smelled funny) were the cause of this?
Or would it be the fact that I'm taking meds which are holding everything back?

Are there other people in here who take meds and use hallucinogens?
Thanks.

I've had the same thing when only taking 5 g hawaiian shrooms... Yawning and very little hallucinations were the only effects. But this might be because of the low potency of the shrooms.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Depends what kind of meds...
Olanzapine

It's for treating schizophrenia, but I don't have that at all. It's been given to me to lower my stress, I'm pretty sensitive to it. I could be sitting at home, surfing the 'net and still have physical pains because of stress.

I'm a bit worried that the meds could completely prevent the shrooms' effects until I take a higher dose (say 30 grams) and get thrown into a heavy trip. But apart from some laughter, yawning and a bit of a strange feeling inside my head, I haven't experienced anything yet.

15 grams should at least give SOME visuals, right?

Entheonaut a dit:
I've had the same thing when only taking 5 g hawaiian shrooms... Yawning and very little hallucinations were the only effects.

At what dose did you get some more serious effects?

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
We didn't have any more shrooms at that time or else we would have eaten them... I've had some pretty intense trips with 10 g of hawaiian, it really depends on the potency of the shrooms and the set.

And about you missing out on visuals: Psilocybe Cubensis only gives me visuals at higher doses, and still not very vivid hallucinations. I think I would react exactly the same as you on 15 g of Psilocybe Cubensis.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Entheonaut a dit:
I think I would react exactly the same as you on 15 g of Psilocybe Cubensis.

Did you ever try a dose which gave you some results?

Here are some pics btw, they look pretty unfresh to me :? :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/ ... 281106.jpg
The expiration date says 06th December ... :shock:

And here's a pic from some "real" fresh shrooms :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/ ... hrooms.jpg

I bought mine from *******, with Express Shipping.
Did any other fellow Belgian trippers buy their shrooms from *******?
I mean, this is hardly quality imho.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
15g fresh is by no means a medium dose, that's pretty damn small. In my experience, and from what I gather from others, shrooms only give visuals at high doses. If you're just taking them to "see trippy shit" you're going to need to eat a lot more, but that's a boring way to look at a trip. There's a lot more to experience than just seeing patterns or the walls melting.

If you're going to save those for a while, I'd take em out of the box and put a fan on them to dry. I can't for the life of me, figure out why those folks sell fresh mushrooms as opposed to dry; that makes no sense. Can someone explain to me their reasoning behind this?

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
15g fresh is by no means a medium dose, that's pretty damn small. In my experience, and from what I gather from others, shrooms only give visuals at high doses.

Maybe the meds I'm taking don't do much at all and I have regular sensitivity.
Next time I'll do 20-25grams.

I guess I was influenced too much by the trip report of the guy who had ego death on 4.5 grams fresh.

And ofcourse I want to try to walk before trying to run the 100m sprint Olympic final. :wink:

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
15 grams fresh of cubensis do give me visuals, but they are pretty shortlasting. I'd say about an hour, after that just treshold stuff.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Really?! Fresh shrooms are legal, but dried aren't?

What stupid laws you have over there. ( that's sarcasm ) :D

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Yeah, it's a retarded law.

It's because dried shrooms have only 1 purpose, that's eating them and trip.

Fresh shrooms could be used for research.

That's the official explanation. :)

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I have another question : is there a dose where one starts having difficulties controlling their trip? Does this only happen with high doses?

Hey that's 2 questions. :eek:

[edit]
Can someone have a quick look at the shroom pics I posted earlier and say something about their freshness? Thanks much.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
You can lose control of a trip on any dose, but it's more likely to happen with higher doses.

The only bad mushroom experience was on 2g dried. It was in the form of a mushroom chocolate in the shape of a heart, and I was at a Phish show in Antioch, Tennessee where the temp. was well over 100 F. I've honestly never felt shrooms kick in that fast, it was at most, ten minutes. I was seeing people's faces move around and all sorts of bad visuals, I was sweating profusely and everywhere I went, I had this feeling that a cop was standing right behind me. I was paranoid as fuck. When it came time to walk to the show, I was afraid of losing shit, so I took off my shirt and sandals, emptied my pockets of everything, including ticket. I tried walking into the show with only shorts, and when I realized I had no ticket, I had completely forgot where my van was. It was miserable.I don't know what kind of shroom was in that chocolate but it thoroughly kicked my ass.

Oh, the shrooms you have look fine. The blue/ green color is just bruising. It happens whenever/ wherever you touch them. They obviously weren't worried about "looks" when they picked em, that's all. But again, they degrade quickly so eat em now or dry them out. Don't freeze them, it doesn't work. :D

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Wow Brewmaster that seems to have been harsh. I'll never trip in an environment I can't control. I'm mostly in the living room (no sitter though), listening to mellow calming music whilst playing Spider Solitaire or something to get my mind off tripping and to calm my nerves a bit. Simple stuff like this can do wonders to your nerves. :wink:

Hmm, ******* told me that green shrooms are a bad sign. The tea I made from them tasted better than regular tea though (without sugar). Need I say that I'm also a big "normal" shroom lover? :)

Why don't freezing work? I read about a guy in these forums who used 1 year-old frozen shroom tea which worked perfectly.
:?:

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Dude, I can't be anywhere near a computer whilst tripping. I have to be out and about, I've gotta be doing something. I can't stand tripping and just sitting around the house.

Anyway, Heartcore said that when you freeze them you get mushroom goo, so of course I set out to prove him wrong. After 3 days in the freezer, they were very dark green to black, but they had been freeze dried, so to speak. Once you take them out and they start to thaw they turn to black, disgusting mush.

Fortunately I have some friends who will eat anything.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Still have to post a short trip report from last sunday... I took 1 g of psylocibe... and I had some hard time althought I was in a calm environment.
Just to say that 1 g (previously 10 g fresh) can indeed make a serious effect.
I'm pretty stressed and agitated in my mind but I'm taking no medication.

From Wikipedia:
Olanzapine has a high affinity for dopamine and serotonin receptors

I would like to find a link about accurate description of psylocibin in neurons but I remember it has something to do with the dopamine receptors and it is possible that Olanzapine may have reduce the shroom effects.
Be carefull tough when increasing doses... for a stressed mind, I feel that shrooms act as a 'booster'... :?

Brew,
I've gotta be doing something. I can't stand tripping and just sitting around the house.

Sure, I see now why, it's pretty uncomfortable to feel your mind running at 200 mph while doing nothing ;)

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I guess I'm the opposite to you. :) I coudn't stand tripping while being in an environment I can't control (ie with strangers randomly popping up). I'd love to trip in a park or something, but we don't have much of a park around here (there's one coming up in the next couple of years though).

Yeah when I took my shroom tea out of the freezer it turned into some liquid with weird black hairy-ish lumps of shroom in it. I quickly swallowed it since the shroom tea-taste from the fresh ones was gone.

I'm planning to buy a larger batch of shrooms next time (90 grams) and freezing most of them in 5, 10, 15 and 20 gram bottles so I can get whichever dose I want in the future.

Does it show I'm a control freak? :D

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Maru a dit:
Still have to post a short trip report from last sunday... I took 1 g of psylocibe... and I had some hard time althought I was in a calm environment.
Just to say that 1 g (previously 10 g fresh) can indeed make a serious effect.
I'm pretty stressed and agitated in my mind but I'm taking no medication.

You lucky sob getting off on such low doses! :D
Well I'm the opposite, I'm not stressed when tripping but do take medication. :)

From Wikipedia:
[quote:330yje1b]Olanzapine has a high affinity for dopamine and serotonin receptors

I would like to find a link about accurate description of psylocibin in neurons but I remember it has something to do with the dopamine receptors and it is possible that Olanzapine may have reduce the shroom effects.
Be carefull tough when increasing doses... for a stressed mind, I feel that shrooms act as a 'booster'... :? [/quote:330yje1b]

Well I don't really understand what's being said in the Olanzapine Wikipedia description. Yeah it COULD hold it back but I'm treading carefully, next up will be 25 grams. And I only take 5 grams of Olanzapine a day anyway (low dose).

IF I get into a bad trip maybe I'll kinda like it because I'm a horror movie nut. :lol:

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
IF I get into a bad trip maybe I'll kinda like it because I'm a horror movie nut

Ah ah, I wonder if a therapy of horror movie would help to handle bad trips...
original therapy at least :wink: