Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Medium dosage for fresh Psilocybe cubensis is?

vacos

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Déc 2005
I'm growing so shrooms by my own and I'm wondering if I've enough to make a trip out of it. I've tried dry shrooms.

But

What's the medium dosage for fresh Psilocybe cubensis?

Thank you.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
If Heartcore were here, he'd tell you 130 grams but he is a psyborg from the planet Shroomsalot ( where is that guy anyway, I hope I didn't piss him off too bad, talking smack about the stoned ape theory ).

I'd say 20-40. My shrooms have been drying fairly consistently. 100g fresh = 10g dried. Give or take a little.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The definition of "medium" always depends on how much you have taken so far and what kind of trip you want. It also depends on the strength of your shrooms.
If you have good cubensis and the kind of trip you like is "give me as much as you can" then I'd say 60g is a medium dose. If you are a beginner and want a more controlled trip then 30g would be medium.

Personally I don't take shrooms as party drugs, I only take them in a controlled, meditative setting. I wouldn't do less than 60g because in a meditative setting less is very unsatisfactory in my opinion. If I was in public (like at a concert) then even 30g would be too much for me, that's why I don't do shrooms for partying (or only in homeopathic doses).

G

Invité
Usually 30 grams fresh gets me somewhere half in between worlds and I think that really sucks so I'd say 40 is a medium dose, but yeah, the potency always varies greatly and it's all how you react to it...

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
I will soon 'harvest' my growbox and I am wondering what would be a 'mild' dose.
I am a bit scared about a possible bad trip and would like to test something very 'light'. Of course, it must make an effect other than a stomach pain, otherwise it has no interrest at all :wink:
Do a tea with 5 g (fresh) would produce an effect on a 70 Kg guy pretty sensitive to psychoactive substances ?

Space,

Can you be more accurate about "half in between worlds" and why it sucks ?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I, for one have never had any stomach troubles with mushies. Well, sometimes the runs the day after. 5g fresh, more than likely, wont do a damn thing. If you're apprehensive, start with 15.

For me, being stuck between worlds is a feeling like you're getting buzzed and about to really start tripping but you never get there. You're kind of in and out. When I'm in this state, I can't tell what I want to do; if I want to sit or stand, meditate or go for a run. It's an uncomfortable feeling and the only cure is to take more.

Don't be scared of a bad trip before you have one, otherwise.......you'll have one.

G

Invité
I never had a bad trip in my life, weird enough...

But half in between is like, am I hallucinating or not?
Is that really moving?
And if I have that I can't really get into the trip nicely
I keep having this shitty feeling, so I can't get into the relaxed state and keep the half inbetween worlds feeling...

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Don't be scared of a bad trip before you have one, otherwise.......you'll have one

Dont' think about an elephant !

Oh well.. too late.. I bet you have at least during a 1/4 of second the image of an elelphant in mind :wink: .

Mental is a very powerfull tool, but might be also tricky to handle :roll:
Thanks for the info tough, I read a lot about shrooms but still many things to learn... before the real test :p

Anyone else may report that kind of 'in between world' feeling which would be worse than a 'full' trip ?

G

Invité
Heartcore ;)

But he has done a 120 grams fresh shroom trip after 10 years of not tripping (even made tea out of it)
wich I still haven't (if I ever find the courage to do)

So he's the real hero :p

But he doesn't take below 60 grams :mrgreen:

And I must say, for me this is also a nice weight.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Hmmm, indeed, where the hell is HeartCore?

Anyway: 15 grams fresh is what I recommend as a first dose. You'll get to know the shroom feeling a bit, have some visuals. You'l lack any self-reflection though.

With me trippy thoughts only come after 30 grams fresh.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
For me, being stuck between worlds is a feeling like you're getting buzzed and about to really start tripping but you never get there. You're kind of in and out. When I'm in this state, I can't tell what I want to do; if I want to sit or stand, meditate or go for a run. It's an uncomfortable feeling and the only cure is to take more.

That is very very true. It starts buzzing and buzzing, and then you get stuck. It sucks...
The only way you can have a real trip is if you think at least once "oh my god, I should've taken less".

This is only true for controlled settings, of course. If you want to party and get a nice buzz on top of alcohol I think 5g fresh could do the trick. More could be bad, depending on the setting (what kind of party, what kind of people are there, and so on)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
5g fresh wont get me treshold dose.

I believe 7-8 grams is a treshold dose, cubensis anyway.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I can still sense and see effect on a very low dose (5 g truffles), but only with closed eyes in the dark. You start to see more colourfull shapes and fractals than usual (viva Las Vegas!). But more important, it makes you think clearer and it brings up the important stuff from your unconciousness easier.

I sometimes do this to put just a little more progress than a normal meditation, and you can do it any evening in the week if you're not too tired.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Pazusu,

I sometimes do this to put just a little more progress than a normal meditation

Yes, that's what I am looking for in a first step. Are'nt cubensis a bit stronger than 'truffles' ?
How long do you feel the effecs with 5 g (or 7-8 grams) ?

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yes, cubes are stronger than truffles by a ratio of about 2:3 on the average.

That's why I can only assume that our boy Paz is an ultra light-weight for being able to feel anything off of 5g. Not that that's a bad thing. Not at all. :D

G

Invité
Nope, truffels are stronger, that's why you need 10 grams of truffels fresh in comparison with 30 grams cubensis...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Yes, that's what I am looking for in a first step. Are'nt cubensis a bit stronger than 'truffles' ?

No, truffles are a bit stronger. You need less, like 10g truffles are the same as 25-30g cubensis, roughly. When I first took truffles I thought they were much more powerful than cubensis, giving me such powerful flashes in the beginning of the trip. But then I started to take higher doses from a cubensis growbox and I realized the truffles were nothing... (well, maybe they're also powerful in higher doses, but I never tried...)

G

Invité
A combination of p cubensis, copelandia (panaeolus cyanescens) and mexicana a or p. tampanensis is awesome!

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Ah well, two people saying that truffles are stronger, one saying softer...
Hmm, if 10g=30, I guess that I should try at least 10 g of cubensis for a mild trip right ?

I guess that the amount does not affect the duration but I prefer ask : will a mild trip with 1 g (10g dried) last for 6-12 hours like a full ones at 30 g would do ?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Shroom trips never last 6-12 hours unless you take a maoi with them (which is another ballpark, don't do it as a beginner!). A shroom trip may last up to 6 hours, mostly it's like 3-4 hours with another 2 hours of coming down.