Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Marijuana Legalization Bill

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Assemblyman Tom Ammiano's press conference this morning announcing his marijuana-legalization bill started punctually and stayed relentlessly on-point -- thereby denying a barb to every journalist present. Ammiano and the assembled speakers at San Francisco's State Building also spoke calmly and methodically, at one point being drowned out by a floor-waxer. The famously funny lawmaker reined himself in, presenting "The Marijuana Control, regulation and education act (AB 390)" as a simple matter of fiscal common sense.If you believe Ammiano and his straitlaced panel, it is. In a nutshell, here's what the bill would do: "Remove all penalties under California law for the cultivation, transportation, sale, purchase, possession, and use of marijuana, natural THC and paraphernalia by persons over the age of 21," "prohibit local and state law enforcement officials from enforcing federal marijuana laws (more on that later)" and establish a fee of $50 an ounce on marijuana on top of whatever pot will cost in a legal future -- which legalization advocates say is about half what it costs now.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/polit ... 8677.story
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bil ... oduced.pdf
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/200 ... introd.php
http://www.boe.ca.gov/members/yee/
http://www.sfsheriff.com/sheriff.htm
http://www.judgejimgray.com/
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comment ... legal.html
http://www.saveoursociety.org/

Rei

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2009
spice a dit:
I'm moving to California if this happens.

My thoughts exactly. I can barely wait to see how it turns out.

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
You guys should move out here anyway. In my town you can't get arrested for marijuana whether you have a prescription or not. That's been my experience anyway. Even on felony probation the cops wouldn't violate me. When I was on parole my parole agent told me point blank he didn't care if I smoked (I don't anyway so it didn't matter). Everyone here has a prescription and everyone grows. If you are intending to sell your wares, which is illegal unless you are selling to another patient, you'd better know someone out-of-state or in Los Angeles because there's simply no one to sell it to. Not in my circles there isn't anyway. The last two harvests I've ended up just giving my pot away to people who didn't have any.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Sticki likes the sound of Cali.....

I wonder how hard it would be to get residency out there?

Any offers of marriage :?: :?: :?: :lol:

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
"I wonder how hard it would be to get residency out there? "
As someone who has lived in Cali I can tell you it's hard unless you have A LOT of cash. When I lived out there I lived in a 2bed/1bath house that was built in the 20's and had mold growing all over it. Total piece of shit house, rent was still $1,450/month.

Where I live now in the South I can get a 1bed/1bath apartment for $500-$700/month for a pretty nice place.
However if you can make it, California is just a beautiful place. The weather is always beautiful and the scenery is just surreal.
I did notice however when I was out there there was A LOT of gang related activity. There was one time 4 or 5 people followed me all the way up to my front door from a liqour store (about 300-600ft away) with knives out. I've seen way more but don't wanna go in to it all.

I do suppose that is really the story mostly around the Country though, luckily where I live there isn't too much gang activity (that I know about atleast).

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
Yeah, inner cities here are bad and expensive ta' boot. Lots of gangs, most of which originated in the California prison system. You couldn't pay me to live in a large city. Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Jose, most of the San Francisco Bay area, all shit. Last time I went to one of those places I wanted to go home before we even got there. Someday it'll all be like that but, for the now, there's still nice and relatively unpopulated areas to live.

I might add that, besides California's newly found tolerence for marijuana, the laws here really suck! Our legislators have no respect for personal freedoms and the government is largely out of control.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Alot of cash you say,
Thats right out the window then.... :lol:

I wouldnt move there purely for a cannabis law really, I was just joining in on the convoy to Cali Vibe :D

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Hey Moriarty,
What about work? I do multi-craft remodeling, and the guy that taught me sadi he lived up there in the northern part of the state, and he couldn't survive.

'Best pot in the world, though' he said.

So, what the hell does everyone do?

I do everything related to remodels; ceramic tile, paint, texture surfaces, carpentry, etc....

Can someone like me find work up there these days?

I want to grow for myself, without fear of prosecution.

I love growing all plants, but especially cannabis.

Moriarty

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2007
This is the first time in my life that California hasn't been a veritable land of Milk and Honey. I got laid off of my job after the Summer was over and I was doing carpentry. It's true, right now this is a hard place to live. I do what I can but all my shit is getting turned off, phone, ect. I wish I could report to you that it was any better here but right now it's not.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
When I was out in Cali I found myself outside of Home Depot with the mexicans looking for contractors to pay me. Other than that I did everything between building/installing customs cabinets to lumbering to courtesy clerk at SafeWay

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
By the time it's legal they probably are making laws to make it illegal I guess. I don't know the excact history but that is probably how it's going all over the world for thousands of years. i guess there is to much money involved, like paper and oil industry.

madprossor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Hey y'all...

www.TaxCannabis2010.org

We really need your support in CA. Public opinion has been measured at 56% in favor and we are finally on the brink of VICTORY FOR HEMP!

The politicians are worthless sacks of shit. So we're going to collect 700,000 signatures and legalize cannabis by citizen initiative. Same way we legalized medical pot. We need to collect the signatures between August '09 and January '10. We will be paying people to collect signatures. Hell, I will throw down personally. The vote will take place in November 2010. Move your lazy ass to California in October 2010 just so you can punch the ballot and help drive supporters to the polling places.

You do not need to have an address or job to register to vote in California. You can tell them you live in the woods and they will register you to vote!!! Believe me!

The great thing about this is according to the California Constitution after the people pass an initiative the legislature is not allowed to modify it in any way. There will be no way to overturn the law except by another citizens initiative!

If you have no money you can sleep in a van in North Oakland while you find accomodation in a warehouse collective for as little as $200-300/month. It's easier to join such a collective if you're an artist, clown, dj, etc.

And, yes, you can smoke pot on felony probation in California. You can get a medical recommendation and shove it up your PO's ass. PO tried to give swim medical advice... Swim laughed, asked her if she was a doctor? No? Then stop giving medical advice bitch!

Step 1) Believe it is possible
Step 2) Believe it is vital
Step 3) Spread these beliefs selflessly with compassion for the people you wish to convince.

The wall is coming down, if you would please help...