Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Magic Mushroom Growbox Kit

innerCartoon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2009
Hey,
I'm new here and want to say hello to everybody. Seems to me as if there were some very interesting people in this community :)

Unfortunately I have some problems with my actual cubensis growkit. I already had several growkits and they all turned out perfectly. Usually I grow them in a bag, but this time I used a construction with heating rod etc (photos).
I don't know excatly why, but they do not grow as usually. Some of them seem to die, but the "good" ones are not growing very high. I already harvested 10 of them. No one was higher than 6-7cm.
My guess is that it is propably to hot in my room, because I live in a roof-top apartment.
To be on the safe side, I have put them in the original bag now. Would you suggest to remove the shrooms which seem to die and give the healthier ones the chance to grow?

Please do me the favour and look at the photos to give advice to me.

Thanks 8)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Nice container you built there, good idea! Are these two terrariums on top of each other? I'm using one that looks just like these as a sinlge grow container (without heating, and I sealed the lid of course)

I think your shrooms might not have enough air. Did you give them fresh air at least twice a day? And I mean fan in fresh air actively with a piece of cardboard or something, not just open the lid a little.

innerCartoon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2009
No, I thought that they get enough air through the rips of the lid of the terrarium. But thanks for the hint with the fan. And yes, these are two terrariums.
Before I always used the plastic bag of the growkit. I only opened it several times a day to spray some water on them. And they got huge and so beautiful ;)

Do you think that it could be too hot for them? The temperature in this construction is about 28-29° C even without the rod heating the water. Perhaps they get mature too soon that they can't grow higher...

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
The temperature in this construction is about 28-29° C even without the rod heating the water.

Hmmm, i think i read somewhere that it's not good to go over the 27° C, of course i could be wrong about that. But i think it had something to do with a higher risks on germination(if it is the right word :oops:) or that the temperature of 29° C is just to high. I am not sure anymore, but it could be a explanation? I also did grow my own mushrooms, but then with a temperature of 23 or 24 ° C, and they did grow very fast and where also huge, so if i where you, i should not take the risk at lower the temperature to 24° C.

innerCartoon

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Juin 2009
mysticwarrior a dit:
so if i where you, i should not take the risk at lower the temperature to 24° C.

you mean I should keep the temperature at 28°C ?!
I removed the ugly dead ones and put the box now in a plastic bag and i have excactly about 23-24°C. Im curious about the next flush. I hope they get a little bit higher :?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
It has been pretty warm here recently (like 28°C as well) and I realized the insides of my container got so extremely moist, I needed to fan air inside like 3 times a day at least or the water was dripping from the shrooms almost. I also have the feeling this high temp isn't good for the shrooms, my last two harvests was all smaller shrooms, not one really large specimen.

I don't think your shrooms will get enough air through just a few little openings. You need to really change the air inside. Carbon monoxide hangs inside the container, you have to remove it and bring in fresh air, the automatic exchange through a few little openings is not enough for a big box of shrooms.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Just wanted to comment, love the container! Gonna try that out my next go around, seems like a lot easier than perlite!

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
just received my mushroom kit in the mail

before injecting the spores, should i heat it in the oven to sterilize or should it be fine?

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
If the instructions don't say so, don't. The thing about grow kits is that the nasty sterilisation work has been done for you.

Still, remind that you have to work very cleanly, especially when inoculating the spores. :)

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
yeah i stocked up on rubber gloves, alcohol and cotton balls.

anything else for the big day?

perhaps dust masks, no? and i hear no breeze through the place; all windows closed.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
OH, and if possible an alcohol lamp (just glass bottle filled with alcohol with rag on top burning or something) to really make sure theres nothing live around.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Has anyone out there used the magic mushroom growbox kit? It comes by mail with a plastic box that has been pre-ennoculated with mycellium. I have purchased a couple of these kits in the last three months. The maker of the kit claims that the first flush of mushrooms will occur within two weeks. It has been well over a month and there are no mushrooms. I followed the directions carefully and indeed the plastic box is choc full of nice white mycellium. The mycellium appears to be healthy with no black spots etc... Am I just being impatient??
peace&love
Nazareth

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
idk about the laws where you live, but im pretty sure the growkit cant be innoculated b4 they sell it to you. but if your sure it has white mycelium then it must have been. I know collonozation in the PF tek method should usually last 2 weeks give or take, but ive heard of box methods taking approximatly 4 weeks to become fully collinized. from there, it should be a matter of days b4 you see little pinheads pop up.

but there are alot of variables when asking how long it will take. the biggest of wich being what strain your growing.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Thanks trick! I'm in California and I suppose that this kit (as it arrived) may have slipped by the authorities, because indeed it has much mycellium that has spread throughout. I think I'll continue to follow the directions and stay hopeful. It's interesting because here in California weed is pretty much legal: a note from the doctor gets anyone into the many many canabis clubs in the state. I use mushrooms to treat my awful cluster headaches, though it hasn't been tested in the courts, my doctor says he's willing to write me a prescription and stand by me if I am busted for mushrooms. It's a new direction.
Say Trick, where do you live?
Naz

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Yes, it depends a bit on the strain. It's possible your mycelium box contains a Mazapatec, B+ or Cambodian strain. One of these, I forgot which, takes significantly longer to form fruits. I never got mushrooms within 2 weeks, it always took at least 3 weeks. I think I harvested about 20 or 30 of these boxes.

I'm assuming you're living in Europe, so temperature may also have something to do with it. It's not very economical to continually heat up your entire house but the grow kit itself should be situated in a place that's between 22 and 26 degrees Celsius, both day and night. Once the mycelium starts fruiting, this will also result in much larger mushrooms. If it starts fruiting when it's too cold, mushrooms tend to remain small and dense.

Trick, this is what these mycelium boxes look like. They contain a fully developed mycelium. All you have to do is add a little water, place it in a filter bag and wait. Harvest tends to be around 400 grams of fresh mushrooms, divided over three or four flushes.

product_thumb.php

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
i used to live in florida but i moved to the UK. but ya, ide just give it more time and those little beauties shout start to sprout. and yes, ive heard of clusterheadache treatments, and thats amazing about your doctor. Is it really easy to get medical bud over there 4real? and what are prices like compaired to the black market?

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
How can it be legal to send out allready collonized mycelum? dosent it contain psilocybin?

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Yes, it contains psilocybin (when you bruise it, it stains blue). Still it's a living organism that's sold legally in Dutch smartshops. In Holland only the psilocybin containing "toadstools" have been banned, not the spores, mycelium and sclerotia.

Nazareth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Mar 2010
Trick thanks to you and the others that replied to my question. I'm confident that things are going to work out just fine. Regarding legal herb in Cali: In LA there are more weed dispenserys than Starbuck's coffee places. It takes about $150 to get a doctor's note and there are many many doctors that are pro canabis, so you can get a card for any reason---headaches to anxiety to ingrown toenails. The pot clubs are just like going to a bakery. Low grade Mexican can be as cheap as $25 per oz. Top of the line Northern Lights or Blueberry can fetch $60 per 1/8 oz---and they have everything in-between. Hash, edibles, tinctures and of course live plants. Also free herb to people who are strap for money.
Naz

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
might have to take shop to cali then :D

what do you think IJC?