Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MDMA vs. studying

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i'm going to a party tomorrow, and i'd like to enter the new year on MDMA,
but i have exams starting the 7th and i need to study. :roll:

i can afford only one day of not studying. does anyone know how MDMA affects the ability to study the days after?

peace

ibiscus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
Hi,

Personnaly, the following days of a mdma use, i feel very good and relax but i must say that i'm not in a mood for studying... concentration is, for me, affected

happy new year already and have a nice time

Mo0dy

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Août 2005
I was in the same situation last year. Finally I did not study the next few days because I'm always depressed and have no motivation after mdma use.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i seldom feel depressed after mdma use. i was more wondering about the direct effect of mdma on concentration and learning the days after.
all info i can find about mdma and concentration imply chronic use, and last time i took mdma was in the beginning of september.

i think i'll go low-dose...

gammagoblin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Mai 2007
First of all, thanks for the reactions since I'm also thinking of doing MDMA tonight but have a lot of studying to do.

Now, maybe I have to open a new topic for it but the question isn't that big so I'll ask it here. If I'll do MDMA tonight (a low dose probably), and take mushrooms the 4th of january would - and if, how much will the MDMA affect the mushroom experience?

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
gammagoblin a dit:
how much will the MDMA affect the mushroom experience?

the shortage of serotonin could give you an unpleasant trip. if i were you i would also go low dose tonight. (so you can also study the days after)

have a nice party and a happy new year :wink:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Doing MDMA within a week before mushrooms sounds stupid.
It's better to reverse the order.

Oh, and I never felt the urge to study for at least 3 days after MDMA. Could be my laziness, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you have to study, I guess it would be possible, just find some motivation (<- = key to performance).

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I don't think that it would actually affect your ability to retain information, but I always found that I wanted to defocus my intensity and not spend time in linear, left-brain pursuits for a few days, depending on how 'off' I went.

I would look at art, listen to music, read philosophy, etc....

BUT, once I did come back, my motivation always was improved, my determination was renewed, and I just felt better.

Everyone is different.

Remember, your ongoing, daily affairs are the basis for your 'set', one-half of the much quoted Leary formula of set and setting.....

The only REAL way to know, is to DO IT, and report your observations and findings.

'Tis the scientific method.....

As noted, motivation is the KEY to all of it.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
thx spice :idea:

i think i could go for the scientific approach. my first exam is mathematics, and they are simple mathematics (applied mathematics). and mathematics are also quite right-hemisphered :wink:

and, it's either mdma or booze tonight :p

but, i should study ahead for the harder exams. as these are my first university exams, i never had to process such a large amount of information.
naah, processing is the wrong word. if find the processing ridiculously easy, but the memorising is more of a challenge.

edit: motivation is no problem, i LOVE the studies i have chosen now.
but there are of course some courses that require harder effort and i'm a lazy person, but willing to learn

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Meduzz a dit:
edit: motivation is no problem, i LOVE the studies i have chosen now.

I foresee no problems.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Sound's odd, but try smoking some pot and studying. Helps me concentrate :D And I couldn't see the MDMA affect you for a prolonged period of time.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I just don't like to think hard the 3 days after an E experience, the days after are part of the posterior-setting for me and equally important as the day before the trip.

Since I always want to think back and do the trip over in my fantasy, it affects the quality of my experience when having obligations after.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
ok i didn't get any mdma :(

but i still don't want to study today (and yesterday).

ooh man when my exams are over i'm going to party hard :twisted:

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I did MDMA a few days prior to newyears eve and have my first exam on the 7th as well. I noticed my concentration span was considerably slower than normal, that is, when I got myself to open a book.

It's the same with shrooms, 2 days after tripping, my mind doesn't want to think about science. :)