Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MDMA question for people prone to bad trips

• Auteur de la discussion dunkelheit
  • Date de début
D

dunkelheit

Invité
I have an MDMA question for people who have very bad experiences with certain other drugs...

Basically, I can no longer smoke weed or take hallucinogens (namely mushrooms, I haven't dropped acid since but I can imagine it'd be similar) because they bring back one really horrible trip I had a few years ago as the result of eating a too-large weed brownie. It's wasn't your typical bad trip...my mind was caught in a deja-vu loop, making me think that everything I was hearing I'd heard before (this is so unnerving!). At one point my friend drew a picture and when I looked I freaked out because I thought I'd seen the exact same thing before...that kind of thing doesn't sound so bad when you read about it but it was really awful at the time.

I was very anxious and nauseous and threw up twice. I wasn't having particularly bad thoughts, but I had an over-all feeling of panic and evil-looking kaleidoscope visuals which never faded until the trip finally ended. I took mushrooms a few weeks later (I'd had a handful of good experiences with them before so I wasn't worried) and the exact same trip returned, deja-vu and all.

After that trip I had to quit smoking marijuana for various periods of time because it was in no way enjoyable and made me nervous. Currently I am in one of those periods, afraid to try smoking again because I don't want to risk freaking out.

I've wanted to try Ecstasy for a while and I just acquired some clean, reliable stuff. I know that chemically, MDMA isn't similar tp marijuana or mushrooms...but is there still a chance it's going to make me feel terrible? Does anyone here have bad trips on psychedelics but good experiences with E? Is there any way to deal with it (perhaps taking Ativan or other benzos before/during/after)?

Thank you!

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
dunkelheit a dit:
Does anyone here have bad trips on psychedelics but good experiences with E?
I never had a bad trip, or even a bad phase, on E.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
You didn't plan acid, but my advice is, don't do acid if your scared for a bad trip. Yesterday i just had one of those really bad trips, and it felt more terrible then the heavy trips i had on mushrooms. To be honest, i did lose my mind already at the begin of the trip and had still 10 hours left :p Lucky enough something good came out of it.

I've wanted to try Ecstasy for a while and I just acquired some clean, reliable stuff. I know that chemically, MDMA isn't similar tp marijuana or mushrooms...but is there still a chance it's going to make me feel terrible? Does anyone here have bad trips on psychedelics but good experiences with E? Is there any way to deal with it (perhaps taking Ativan or other benzos before/during/after)?

I had only good trips on E. I can't imagine someone going wrong, unless they have some XTC pills, with other shit like speed or ketamine in it. But beware, especially if your dose is 250mg, it can feel a little to good ;) It is something you can't do every week or month, which is sad because an MDMA experiences can be quite interesting, that's why i almost made that mistake ;) And i am not the only one, there are some other members on the forum who had some problems with it.

Ohw and welcome, dunkelheit ;)

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
dunkelheit a dit:
Does anyone here have bad trips on psychedelics but good experiences with E?
I never had a bad trip, or even a bad phase, on E.

Agreed. It's just an amazing time whether you are dancing at a party or spending time with good friends. Very subtle and happy, rubby, feely.

botweiser

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Jan 2009
anyone can have an adverse reaction at any time. there's only one way to know fersure - test the waters.

i personally never had any negative altercations with e though. no, just the exact opposite. let's just put it this way: it's easy to fall in love with the love drug.

and should you have a bad run-in with ecstasy, just drink water. don't know why, but water seems the cure-all in that state of mind.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^^^^ What people said. E is very one-dimensional and it is a cozy and comfortable dimension. Take it easy, do it at home where you feel comfortable, preferably with 1 or 2 or 3 good friends and you'll be fine. Maybe you can even talk about what happened on the weedbrownie with them and learn something from it.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
All good advice.

You know, mdma is used in therapy for the very thing you are talking about;
traumatic experiences....

You may be able to understand what happened.

I never, ever, ever had anything close to a bad experience with ecstasy.

Never.

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
MDMA is actually often combined with lsd called "candyflipping" because MDMA smoothens the anxiousness that could result from the power/duration of lsd.

Neurofysiologically I don't think you could have a bad-trip on mdma as it is a non-selective serotonine re-uptake inhibitor, and not a mimetic. Which means you are tripping on your own neurotransmitter (in much higher concentration as normally present in the inter-synaptic cleft), and it is not the drug that acts like it was an actual NT. However, the mechanism of action of MDMA isn't jet fully understood..
But I might be wrong on the above speculations, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

From personal experience, I never ever had a bad trip on mdma and I know no a single person who had.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"I don't think you could have a bad-trip on mdma"

I have had a bad experience on MDMA . Its a mood enhancer so if someone anoys one can get VERY anoyed .

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
ow... my bad then.
Took a pill after brake up, wasn't sad anymore for the time of the effects.. but extrapolation and generalization might have been too speculative...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
I have had a bad experience on MDMA . Its a mood enhancer so if someone anoys one can get VERY anoyed .

Experiences like this can be countered with consciously choosing set and setting.

Were you annoyed to the point that you had a bad trip? Or were you just very annoyed?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I cant remember exactly what happened . I remember that a guy was being an arsehole and annoying all the people at a party that were tripping and had taken X . I got pissed off with him and took him outside and sorted him out . I didnt have a bad experience in the long run . But just imagine how pissed off one would have to be on a BIG dose of X to do that . It was not nice , i was not nice . I didnt like being me . I didnt want thoughts like that , i was 100 % angry and i could have bit his throat out without scrupels . Black and white either him or us . I was worryed that it would spoil the whole evening but after a while i got back into a good groove . I can imagine how a person could be freaked out badly though .

D

dunkelheit

Invité
Thanks for the tips, guys!

I rolled Saturday night and it was great. I felt totally awesome and in no way anxious or out of control. My boyfriend and I took a pill each and spent most of the time laying and trading massages and listening to music...I'm sure many of you know how amazing that can be. I'm really excited to do it again sometime!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
:heart:

d-Dexter-25

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
13 Jan 2009
You should not only be fine but also might help you with your reacurrent bad trips too!!! MDMA has a strong positive push to its effects and its hard as long as dosage is within normal to have a really "bad trip" so don't worry about it. Now as for taking psychedelics you need some time off to reflect on this issue. You need to intergrate your experiences and then start with something gentle when you get back to exploring!!! I'd recommend taking 2C-B but only after a long break in use and even then start low so you can be sure it won't effect you like that again.

Remember you can have good trips and then have one and it should be ok. Myself I don't mess with LSD or Mushrooms anymore really cause of the same issues really but was'nt caused by cannabis. I can take LSD and Mushrooms but I just choose not to cause i've learned and experienced what they offer. I find other psychedelics to be more useful for experience and recreation as well!!!

P

Partygirl

Invité
I had a bad trip Sat night/Sun morn. I think I had too much molly.

20 minutes after I dropped it hit me. I started to walk into a party but the speakers were too much. I had to leave. Everything was going so fast. Thank god a friend was there to help. Trying to talk to me...but that didn't really help. I was starting to panic. It felt like my face was melting into my hands. She made me pound water. I couldn't look at anything because my eyes wouldn't stop shaking. My friend drove me to a restaurant and got me some milk. I took a sip.....then I puked. All the water I just drank was all over the street. After I was done throwing up I chugged the milk. Instantly I felt better. My eyes were still a bit shakey but sunglasses for some reason made it tollerable. Needless to say I was still funked up but ended up enjoying myself. Just don't take too much. If you start to freak out....drink some MILK. I was told that it neutralizes whatever poison is in your tummy. Samething with shrooms too.

Hope this helps.....Partygirl 8)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
^^in response to that... to everyone:
MAKE SURE as best you can that what you're getting is as close to pure mdma as humanly possible, if you suspect otherwise, then dont buy it... generally, this is what will give you the feeling of "exstasy" associated with the drug, and yeah, anybody who has had this feeling knows what im talking about with purity.

i have combined a high dose of lsd with near pure mdma before as a mood balancer because i knew i was starting to have "the freakout" that alot of people sometimes have, and i have to say, it erased the negative emotion completely, and made me feel amazing. :D

even so, im not personally reccomending this though because i believe i got lucky on the purity of the molly, but i mean, if you feel confident... :thumbsup:

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I only heard once from a friend who didn't like mdma. We had the same pill the same night, we were five of us first-timers, two or three more experienced. We all had these white Barney Flintstones - they were good, and back then in '95 they were all mdma.

So, all of us were having the times of our lives, I felt like this night was the first night that I was really living my life - and this one friend was sitting in a corner, saying it was all too much for him! He didn't like it. I never heard of something like that again...
For me, ecstasy (as I said, in the nineties it was 98% mdma, maybe sometimes amphetamine or mda) has always been a pure party starter, never a single bad feeling ever.

time2poop

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Nov 2008
glad to hear you had a good time.

i've taken tons of bunk pills that led to shitty times (k, pcp, bzp/tfmpp, methbombs) i've only had a bad time on mdma (that was real mdma) one time. i was taking prescribed steroids, not sure what kind, that a doctor gave me to help with some nasty strep throat. we all dropped our rolls at the same time, i took 2. an hour after theirs all hit, i was still stone cold sober. my boy gave me another, popped it, another hour = nothing. i was really confused as to what in the hell was happening, or not happening more like it. i stayed up with them but just told myself forget it just have a good time with them and don't worry that you're sober. so a few hours go by and they start coming down and all of a sudden i'm coming up. i didn't know quite what to make of it, everybody went to bed and now my 3 kick in. i felt sad, depressed, and alone because everybody was asleep and i was just sitting there trying to figure out what caused the extreme delay, most likely the steroids for whatever reason which may also have been the reason for the deep sadness i felt in addition, perhaps, to set and setting.

that was the only time, quite literally out of hundreds of rolls, i've ever had a bad experience. i've had people annoy me before, i've had people aggrivate me before, but all of that is more easily manageable than if you're sober. so, as you know by now, a "bad trip" or "bad roll" on mdma is quite difficult to come by