Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Letting the Science, Not the Politicians, Decide About MJ

MelloTrip

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
The federal govt. is still blocking the process that would allow the marijuana plant to be brought to market as a prescription medicine.

In the commotion surrounding the Obama administration's favorable recent medical marijuana policy memo, a crucial part of the story has gone untold: For decades, the federal government has effectively blocked the standard Food and Drug Administration (FDA) development process that would allow for the marijuana plant to be brought to market as a prescription medicine, and -- so far -- President Obama is continuing this policy.

This frustrating reality belies the recent pronouncements of pundits and policymakers implying that the FDA has already dismissed the medical benefits of marijuana or that proponents have simply failed to explore FDA approval. Nothing could be further from the truth.

While there is a plethora of scientific research establishing marijuana's safety and efficacy, the specific clinical trials necessary to bring the marijuana plant to market as a prescription medicine are brazenly obstructed, not by the FDA, but by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Largely out of public view, for more than four decades DEA and NIDA have blocked drug development research by maintaining a government monopoly on the supply of marijuana that can legally be used in research.

[...]

Full article here : http://www.maps.org/sys/nq.pl?id=2137&fmt=page
Or here : http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/14 ... marijuana/

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
This entire problem has a deceptively simple solution, but requires more balls and determination than most people posess;

Quit asking

:idea:

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i'll never get how openly corrupt the war on mj is. it's just absurd

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
So, let me get this right;

I live in the country with the highest incarceration rate IN THE WORLD, higher than Russia, higher than China, higher than Thailand, Mexico, or Bangladesh, and many of these people have had their freedom STOLEN from them by a government that is corrupted to its core for smoking and selling......flowers?

Old geezers can rape babies and get less time than someone caught with a car full of these flowers......old geezers can start wars on FALSE PREMISES and not pay any consequences......(wars that their DADDY started, no less, against former associates)
Old geezers can operate corporations such as Eli Lilly and Bayer and Monsato, that do NOTHING to improve the quality of life, and not only get away with it, but NAME THEIR OWN SALARIES, pay off lawsuits with the very cash they stole from everyone(in case you are wondering I consider FRAUD the same thing as stealing, and ALL the big pharma ad campaigns are based on lies)
.........old geezers can make rockets, and explosives, and machine guns, and we, the citizens, the 'governed' (not my term) cannot even question their motives or effectively criticize them........

But those flowers are just evil incarnate, right, Mr. Man?

:rolleyes:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i have an answer to why this is. everything must be milked of any and ALL of it's monetary value, before anything can be inched forward (see; capitalism)

wouldn't want to hit the technological apex too soon, would we? (or even try to find it for that matter)

Voyager. Rabbit hole

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2009
capitalism=struggle :finga:
This is my life i make my own rules to it and live it how i want
The only path i follow lyes deep within my self
The same path is within all of you.. Don't rely on external influences to guide you

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
A product of the times, a product of your parents.

The people who say "Yes Daddy, Yes Mommy" and go through school for the label, and obtain a job from the geneology so passed on to them are the ones that reproduce this policy of bullshit and ignorance.

I never want to admit that people are this stupid, but slowly and surely it's comeing to be so.