Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Let it flow or make it go?

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
Do you find it better to let the trip take you on the journey, or to try to control the trip?

I found on one INTENSE almost bad trip, i tried too hard to control it, but if i would have let it go, would it have been worse?

I haven't done it since then becuase i am a little weary, what do you thing?

Let it flow or make it go?

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Hard to say.... usually I'd say you have to let it go, but then once or twice I found that fighting bad influences turned the trip for me. It was on a shamanistic plane where I felt I was attacked by bad influences and feelings. I could have just sat down and sat through it, but I decided to stand up and fight it. I did what I could to fight the black magic and I actually succeeded, ending up with a trip that was like a total ecstatic brain orgasm. I'd do it again every time.

I'd say if you don't fight the trip itself (which is pretty pointless and only ends in a worse trip) but you fight the bad influences, then you can be successful. Otherwise just let it go... it's a matter of decision. If you feel you can somehow grab the source of your bad feelings (like someone or something is trying to harm you) then fight it, you'll feel much better afterwards!

btw. I have had a dmt trip recently where I tried too hard to control myself (didn't want my neighbours to call the cops if I screamed or something...)
I can't remember most of the parts where I went hyperspace. I really regret it... I think letting go totally would've helped a lot...

G

Invité
Hmmm I tried to control the trip once, but I ended up letting everything go, wich ended in a kind of mental and fysical xtc...

Just do what feels best. If you have the feeling you're going bad because you are trying to hard to control, just let it all go

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I say fight it. Keep on fightin' till you go insane.

Happy Friday night to everyone. Here on the east coast of the us of a it's 9:00 and I just fed a bunch of mushies to my friends. They just dipped out for cigarettes so I thought I'd hijack their computer for a minute.

Space, I never gave you written permission to quote me. Everythig I type has a copywrite on it.

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I think i t depends on what kind of 'bad trip' you're having... Once i went really bad, i was lying in my bed and something tried to throw black blankets over me all the time, and with my mind I pulled them away... one after another, for half an hour, maybe more. The trip ended when they were out of blankets...
This was my first mushroom experience as well, pretty low dosage, about 10 grams fresh I think.. I have no idea what could've happened when I left the black blanket where it was, maybe it would've pulled my into another world? (i'm pretty light-weighted, so I don't need that much :) ) Maybe it would've made things even worse? who knows...
:)

G

Invité
Brewmaster a dit:
I say fight it. Keep on fightin' till you go insane.

Happy Friday night to everyone. Here on the east coast of the us of a it's 9:00 and I just fed a bunch of mushies to my friends. They just dipped out for cigarettes so I thought I'd hijack their computer for a minute.

Space, I never gave you written permission to quote me. Everythig I type has a copywrite on it.

Hahaha, as if I care :D LOL

G

Invité
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Hahaha, as if I care :D LOL

Totally phwned, IMHO :D

How rude from you Space, now we're sure that he's going to badtrip the whole night because of your negatives waves :twisted:

ChaoticSerenity

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2006
Makes sense tho... I had a WAY TO FRIGGIN MUCH trip and it started to go bad. I started seeing skulls, but then told myself "they are just designs. They are human heads, nothing to be scared about." Well, the night got worse and I just wanted to be done. I decided then, that whatever happened would happen and he would take care of me, and was fairly alright. 2 weeks later we thought we shared a half an eighth, but actually took 2x that (isn’t much, but we weren’t expecting it) then I regretted it as soon as it hit my face. I spent the night pulling away from visuals and just putting my focus into my love with my boyfriend.

SIDENOTE: The last 2 times (those two mentioned) my body got a really high fever, and I was immobile. My body was completely asleep, but I was conscious and my energy was responding to his love and his words. It took me 45 minutes to crawl to the bathroom. I kept envisioning a hose in my mouth (dehydrated) and a funnel with a bucket to pee in!! I was miserable. The first one I had to be put into a cold shower because I was burning up. Weird.

:!:

G

Invité
LordTiax a dit:
How rude from you Space, now we're sure that he's going to badtrip the whole night because of your negatives waves :twisted:

Clearly you've never really seen brew's posts, or you would think otherwise ;)

And besides, if Brew did go bad on something I said, he would be really dumb :mrgreen: (wich I obviously think he isn't)
This guy did mescalin with mushrooms, so I think It will take a lot more for him to have a bad trip ;)

G

Invité
ChaoticSerenity a dit:
SIDENOTE: The last 2 times (those two mentioned) my body got a really high fever, and I was immobile. My body was completely asleep, but I was conscious and my energy was responding to his love and his words. It took me 45 minutes to crawl to the bathroom. I kept envisioning a hose in my mouth (dehydrated) and a funnel with a bucket to pee in!! I was miserable. The first one I had to be put into a cold shower because I was burning up. Weird.

:!:

Hmmm, doesn't sound nice.
Maybe do smaller dosages and get some more experience first before going high. And take a brake for a while.
Hopefully this won't happen again.
As for me, I never really experienced this, so I can't relate, but knowing your dose is the key.
And ofcourse it also is connected to how much you can take and how firmly you know your mind.
But having a fever like that is not healthy.
So be carefull in the future.

And with 2 times an eighth you mean a quarter portion instead of an eighth or is this in some weight?

The love with your boyfriend sounds nice though.
Woulde be nice if I can experience this one time.
To bad my girfriend hasn't done mushrooms for a long time and I don't think she could handle it anymore.

Ohw well, good luck with the next time, but better take a brake for a while

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004

Except for the fever I'd say this is pretty normal for a really high dose of shrooms. I also get the urge to pee really often on high doses, don't worry about the vision of a bucket to pee in. That's not bad. Maybe you should just do it? Could be a secret fantasy or something. :)

Are you sure you really had a fever (like someone relatively sober checked you) or did you think you had a fever? In the beginning of high dose trips I always think I'm freezing even it's 25°C in my room. That feeling goes away if you think of it as a normal side effect and not think of it as some kind of dangerous reaction (which I never did).

In my opinion it's pretty normal that your body is out of order on highly dosed trips. I almost only do high doses and I know I won't be able to move for a while. If you lie in your bed with a nice blanket and just let yourself fall into the visions then this is not a problem. It only starts to get a problem if you try to stay real. I'd have the need to stay real if anyone was present except for maybe n experienced shaman. I never tripped with a shaman, but I could imagine that'd be really exciting to have somebody who can lead you into the spirit world, rather than drag you out of it like any other person (be it your best friend or not)

G

Invité
tryptonaut a dit:
don't worry about the vision of a bucket to pee in. That's not bad. Maybe you should just do it? Could be a secret fantasy or something. :)

Wow really nice answer trypto, really nice ;):thumbsup:

Space-is-the-Place a dit:
The love with your boyfriend sounds nice though.
Woulde be nice if I can experience this one time.
To bad my girfriend hasn't done mushrooms for a long time and I don't think she could handle it anymore.

And to bad it's my ex-girlfriend since today :cry:

Ohw well, enough time for self development now...

G

Invité
tryptonaut a dit:
Except for the fever I'd say this is pretty normal for a really high dose of shrooms. I also get the urge to pee really often on high doses, don't worry about the vision of a bucket to pee in. That's not bad. Maybe you should just do it? Could be a secret fantasy or something. :)

Hehe, makes me think of the last DXM trip we did with some friends, one of them said before the trip something like "Hell, what if we forget our sphincters for a while during the trip ?"

Of course I thought about this during the whole trip (something I NEVER did before!)...

...the worse was just after a small moment of innatention, I forgot my body, tripped for something like 15 minutes, and when I came back I was CONVINCED that I just shitted all over myself and the beds we were all lying on...

I was like "Omfg this is soooo lame... Hell, they still haven't noticed that I shitted all over the place (we use to trip in the dark) , maybe I can try to sneak to the bathroom, clean myself, then make them go outside for a few minutes and quickly clean the whole place (while on a lvl 3 dxm trip, that's it) before my reputation is totally screwed..."

And while I was thinking this I saw them rolling where I thought that all my shit was, and they where still talking to me in a normal way, was like "Yeah... yeah... (omfg, how long 'till this guy will realize on what he's lying atm???)"

I finally made it to the bathroom and realised that I was totally clean... ...can't tell you how relieved I was :D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Lord Tiax, that's exactly what I was talking about. The feeling that you already peed yourself. That you are not sure if you have to pee, already peed yourself or really don't have to pee. It's a hard lesson you have to learn. Don't be too worried about yourself and your body. Even if you feel you peed yourself, it's not true. So forget about it and let go! ;)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I don't know man, sometimes I'm not imagining it and I do piss all over. :lol:

Thanks to Tryp and Lordtiax for making this the funniest fucking thread ever.

Cheers.

Space: I did end up having a nice trip that night. No thanks to you..... dick.

Just kidding brother.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Tryp, I do know that feeling though, and I only get it with shrooms and acid. One more reason I love me some mescaline.