Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Laundry day

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
SWIM had some leftover batches in several jars with little amounts of unclean spice (mostly plant material sucked up during last pull with previous extractions). Yesterday he decided to collect it all and try to clean it.

See pic..

1) All spice was collected and found to be a total of .5 gram. 100ml of naptha was put in an erlenmeyer flask and the spice was added. 50ml naptha should be plenty but SWIM added double to have more liquid to fiddle with to try the impurities out. The erlenmeyer with the naptha was slowly heated in a pan of just off boiling water and the spice was dissolved.

2) After a number of rigorous shaking and letting settle for a few minutes, an orange/brownish goo was settling on the bottom of the erlenmeyer flask and stuck together eventually.

3) The colorless naptha was then poored into a wide neck Pyrex can which was placed on a small heating element on 25% power. The naptha was closely monitored all the time and after about an hour, there was little naptha left. The pyrex can was left overnight on top of a monitor covered with a piece of paper to protect from dust, to dry out completely.

4) The next day, the spice was scraped of with a picket knife and collected. Not 100% pure but close enough ;)

Whenever SWIM does a new extraction, he will not go the freeze/precipitation route but probably go this way from the start.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Nice.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Nice 8)
Collected my extraction from a few days back myself today.. only 1,2 grams from 450 grams of bark :( BUT.. beautifully clear crystals as I haven't seen before :eek: :D

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Bastiaan a dit:
Nice 8)
Collected my extraction from a few days back myself today.. only 1,2 grams from 450 grams of bark :( BUT.. beautifully clear crystals as I haven't seen before :eek: :D

1.2 grams of beautiful clear crystals would go a long way considering the rate I use it at :)

I haven't been able to get reliable yield between different batches. One batch I had yielded almost the exact old percentage that Erowid listed for a long time ( 0.56% if I remember correctly) and I have had a batch that yielded over 1.6%. The first batch I did was 120 grams bark and yielded only half a dose due to my initial ignorance regarding the extraction process.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
You still work with A/B extraction?

- Maybe next time do a hot non-polar wash
(when the salt form is in the acid water, the hotter both fluids the more fat will go to the naphta already, wash it 3-4 times)

- and after basifying a cold extraction
(this takes as less possible fats along with the freebase)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Jahvisions a dit:
You still work with A/B extraction?

- Maybe next time do a hot non-polar wash
(when the salt form is in the acid water, the hotter both fluids the more fat will go to the naphta already, wash it 3-4 times)

- and after basifying a cold extraction
(this takes as less possible fats along with the freebase)

I'll hook up with you on msn when I see you online again to discuss this furthers. I still have a lot of bark left I want to work with,

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
you can make 99%+ pure in less then a day...