Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

LSD symposium 2006

PsiloFlip

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juin 2005
I just received an announcement from Erowid today. Next year in January (13-15th) the "International Symposium on the Occasion of the 100th Birthday of Albert Hofmann" takes place in Basel.

More information can be found at http://www.lsd.info

I consider to go there to meet all the interesting people I have always wanted to meet at the yearly Mind States conference. In the meantime I can use this opportunity to inform about postdoc research positions in Basel. (Psychedelic Research is mainly conducted in Switzerland and Spain in Europe)
Who will be there too?

svandamme

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Mar 2005
i'm pretty sure this will not be a casual thingie
it's 280 euro for a 3day pass , so i'm expecting a rather scientific audience , not a bunch of acid heads coming to thank ol' dr Hoffmann (although i would definately thank him if i had the chance to do so )

do keep in mind ,that dr Hoffmann himself does not really like the idea of people using it casually... in his books he doesn't seem judgemental , but you can tell from the title alone that it caused him worries...

so my guess is , don't go unless your into serious scientific research on the matter, or you have some other serious experience with LSD ( and i don't mean a serious trip )

one thing i will do , is have a little party on his B-day , burn a candle , and have a drink to his good health !! may he have plenty more good years !!!

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
I'm very interested in drugs, chemistry and psychology. Though I'm only 19 and a poor student. I don't think I can afford such a trip right now

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
me neither... but im going anyways. look at all the people speaking!
plus... how many chances will you get to meet guys like hofmann and shulgin in real life? huh? HUH??? :lolwsign:

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
if I can spend the money for it I will go!

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
btw @ Oscar: just read that the Shulgins dó approve of the use of things like acid and xtc at parties, because for a lot of young people it could be a good way to start seeing the fun things in life again. Things they arent used to experiencing in daily - urban - life... So the opening of some doors and purely having fun is enough reason! I tend to agree with this though, as long as you don't overdo it (but that goes for everything) and get something out of it, however small, áfter the experience...

GerbyQ

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2005
This is more than worth the money. I’ll be there, Hofmann, Erowid, Ralph Metzner.
wishing McKenna was still here

Sansky

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Jan 2002
We're planning to go with a small delegation of 3 ******* crew members. I wonder what it will be like... It's not cheap for sure :frown:

parabel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Oct 2005
I'm living in Switzerland, just near Basel, but I don't think I will go because of those high prices... :idontknow:

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I guess they're making it expensive so that not every european acid-head will go.

No, seriously, the price keeps away those who would just go there to party and ask Dr. Hofmann for a trip
:lolwsign:

G

Invité
Yes I will definitely go there, could be last change to meet Doctor Hofmann.

I think it is a lot of money, but it is not that expensive for a conference. It just costs a lot of money to fly all the speakers into Switzerland, pay for there accomodation, hire a location, make some promotion etcetera.

Anyway meet you there !