Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

LSD at the Amusement Park

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
Introduction:

I apologize for the length of this report, however, the length is absolutely 100 percent necessary.

I am male and 130 pounds, and semi-experienced with psychoactive substances. At this point in my life, I had tried LARGE quantities of pot and alcohol. I had done Ecstasy, shrooms, 4th level platues of DXM, up to 80 extract of Salvia Divinorum, and about 4 LSD experiences. Nothing I could have possibly done in my 19 years of life could have even come CLOSE to preparing me for this experience.

The Experience:

Me and my best friend, we will call her "Faye", had 4 life changing LSD experiences. We knew how much we absolutely loved the substance. It changed every aspect of our lives and how we lived them. It was not an easy decision we came to when we decided we wanted to go to an amusement park on LSD. We knew there was a decent amusement park in Denver, Colorado called "Elitch Gardens" and so we prepared ourselves. I took off work and we obtained 10 hits of high potency LSD (5 hits a piece). And we were off on a 2 hour drive to the amusement park, LSD in hand.

So, we smoked some pot before we got there, to calm our nerves. We were very intelligent in using a self made pipe, so that we could dispose of it once we arrived. We needed to be sure that we had absolutely nothing illegal on us, just in case something was to go wrong. The LSD was kept in an airtight container, as to ensure it had the highest potency.

Once we arrived, we sat in the parking lot, debating and contemplating pro's vs. con's over and over again. We finally decided "Fuck it. This is going to be life changing. Period. Whatever happens, happens. We have each other.". And bottoms up!

We ingested 5 hits a piece.

Knowing not what we truly had done, we stepped out of the car, disposed of the disposable pipe, and began our decent into madness. In all of our previous LSD experiences we had never once experienced another person on it. So, we were rather curious what another being would be like on it. Well, we probably should have tried to experience that first before we went to the amusement park that was filled with HUNDREDS of people.

So, we purchased our tickets, anxious and excited. We made it into the park and obtained a map. We started heading in a direction of a roller coaster. I could feel tingling all throughout my body. I was beginning to come-up. Now, from my previous experiences, the come-up is frightening. It is the only frightening thing about an LSD experience. And needless to say, I was frightened. No particular scary thoughts came to my mind, but I could feel this un-easy feeling throughout my bones. There was an anxiety building in my mouth, my jaw. I began to sweat. I felt...afraid.

I turned to Faye as we walked up to the line to the rollercoaster and gently whispered in her ear "Faye, I do NOT think I'm going to like this." She turned RIGHT back to me and smiled (even though I knew the smile was one of fear, it somehow comforted me) and she said "I don't think I will either."

There was barely a line to the ride, so we boarded the coaster, almost completely passed the come-up. With the un-easy feelings still residing, we buckled in and prepared ourselves as much as we could.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Rainbows EVERYWHERE! Literally, each and every single ocular sensation created tracers that were rainbow colored. The landscape merged together, creating rainbows EVERYWHERE! The come-up had passed, and we were full on tripping. The ride had awoken the purge of LSD.....and we purged.

The ride ended as soon as it had began, and we stepped RIGHT off. We grabbed the backpack we had taken into the park, grabbed our water bottles, and skipped happily down the stairs. The sky was SO beautiful. Everything we looked at was FILLED with color, beautiful wonderful color. We had to use the bathroom and had no clue where one was.

We eventually wandered around until we found one. We parted, used the restroom. When I was in that bathroom is when I realized how FUCKED up I was. Everything was wiggling. Everything was tracing. Colors were beaming. I was filled with excitement, pure and simple. No fear anymore. My thirst was rather unpleasany, but luckily we had brought PERFECT refillable waterbottles.

We met again, and decided to search for another ride. We pulled out the map, starred at it for a few minutes and then BURST out into a laugh of utter confusion. The map would do us NO good today. It was like starring at a map in another language. So we wandered a bit, giggling to ourselves at all the weird, disgusting people we were seeing.

I swear to you, there is nothing funnier than an extremely obese person waddling around when your on LSD and we laughed and laughed to each other. Haha! I even laugh to myself now at the mere thought!

So, we found our next ride. It was a ride that is intensely hard to describe. Its a log that you are strapped into completely and it spins round and round and round as it is moved up and down. Well, we were ready for the ride. But what we didn't expect was how unpleasant waiting in the line would be. It was SO awkward. If we hadn't been wearing sunglass, needless to say, everyone would have known we were up to no good.

As we entered the ride we were absolutely confused on what we were supposed to do. We were filled with excitement as the ride began to strap us into the seats. Two young girls sat right next to us. The lady using the microphone welcomed us to the park and then the ride began.

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!!!!
Rainbows EVERYWHERE AGAIN!!!!! It was magical. Spin after spin, roll after roll, our vision meshed into rainbow tracers everywhere! Our laughter was uncontrollable! Our minds were blasted into a surreal dreamlike daze of laughter and enjoyment. We were children again. Loving every moment. We were alive.

The ride came to a sudden hault. There was no one in the line to ride it again, so the woman who controlled the ride screamed "AGGGAIIIN!!???" and we all screamed back "YEEESS!!!" All except the little girls next to us. We had not noticed this before, but one of them was FREAAAAKING out, screaming "No NO NO NO NO!" In tears, in panic.

Faye turned to me and was like, "OMG, are they for real?" We both burst out into laughter! The ride went again and it was as amazing as the first time. It was wonderful. It was PURE bliss. It was absolutely FANfuckingTASTIC!

As the ride ended we contemplated going on it again, but decided to leave. Oh, how I regret leaving. Oh...how I regret leaving...

We needed to use the restroom again. So, we did. This time while I was going, some little boy began to talk to me. He explained how sad he was that the ride "The Mind Eraser" was closed. I spoke back to him. It was as if he understood me. We were on the same level of knowledge. Our minds had the same level of absorbancey.
I said to him "It is depressing, but, don't let it ruin your day." in the most genuine tone I think I've ever spoken in.

It was a wonderful experience talking with him.

Me and Faye met back up, filled our water bottles and Faye informed me on something rather unwanted. She was hot. Though we were in Colorado (a usually cool location) it was mid summer. The sun beat down on our fragile skulls. I had wore shorts and a t-shirt in preparation for the day. Faye on the other hand wore dark jeans and a long sleeved shirt. BIG mistake. She began to sweat. Her hair looked TERRIBLE. She looked as though she literally was cooking. She gave me a sigh of almost humor and repeated herself. "I'M HOOOOOT". I could not help myself but laugh uncontrollabley at her. The humor I found in it was unbearable! We HAD to find a place to sit but there was none. We stood in the shadows for a bit as she cooled down. To this day, we believe if we had not found shade, she would have passed out from a heat stroke.

We the began the search for a new ride. As we wandered through shadows of color, we began to realize there were sounds. Sounds coming from speakers. What was it?

A man, in the strangest voice I've ever heard in my entire life was singing "And the GREEEEEEN GRAASSS grows all around all around and the GGGRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN grass grows all around"

Let's just say, if there hadn't been a bench RIGHT where we were, we would have fallen to the ground in absolute shock from what we had heard.

As we sat at the bench, we pulled out these sparkley balls I had bought and starred at their beauty. We also people watched, laughing histerically at each passing moment.

Time flew by, as if it did not exist at all. We decided to get up and go try another ride. It was the last ride we would attempt to ride.

We stumbled upon a roller coaster that looked unearthly. We walked up a flight of stairs in order to reach the line for coaster. At that moment we had totally 100 percent forgotten about how UNpleasant the lines had been. We were swiftly reminded of the awkwardness. As we stood on the many flights of stares we could almost feel the other peoples sweaty bodies we were so close to them. In front of us were children and their mother. Behind us were some hick ass teenagers.

The heat roared as the line barely moved. The colors we were percieving were so beautiful that it was hard not to explain it to each other. However, we could practically read each others minds from the facial expressions we were giving each other!

Then, it happened. A moment in which I had feared. Contact with another being. Unwanted, unNEEDED, UNfriendly contact.

Faye, for SOME reason thought that the teenagers behind us were attempting to steal from my backpack. Out of NOWHERE Faye worried as hell said loudly "Are you stealing from us?"

My eyes opened WIDE. I was speechless. The boys responded as such "Oh yeeeeah man. We're stealing from you man....haha"
They were joking. This was very clear to me. But NOT to Faye. She said "What????!!! Whyyyyy???"

I said "Faye, they were kidding. Stop freaking out."

They then said "Yeah man, we were only kidding. But we want some of whatever your on."

They knew we were on drugs. My worst fear just came true. Everyone around us was mummbling about the incident. We reacted the only way we possibly knew how. We took a swig from our water bottles, turned away and LITERALLY forgot what had just happened.

We boarded the ride still uneasy. There were rainbows everywhere, but this time, it wasn't as magical AT ALL. It was almost unwanted.

We deboarded and quickly hurried down the stairs off the ride. We then went and sat at a bench for the remainder of the trip. Starring at all the beautiful colors. Talking about life. Talking about everything. Feeling connections and meaning with everything. With the world.

When we decided to leave was about 6 hours since we began to trip. We wandered around for what seemed like ages searching for an exit. Finally! We had found it. Then, searching for Faye's car was nearly impossible. But we found it! Then, the 2 hour drive consisted of JAMMING to music while carefully avoiding accidents.

We stayed together until later that evening when we parted. The sleep that night was deep. It was needed.

My thoughts on the experience:

Looking back on that day is soooooooo hard to explain. It was the single most intense thing I've ever done and will probably ever do. Even as of recent, I went to the IMAX theater to see Alice in Wonderland on 5 hits, and it didn't compare to the intensity of the amusement park. It was a day that my world melted away. Where reality was twisted. Where my mind was purged.

It has changed my entire outlook on life. It had changed absolutely everything. There is meaning for me in everything. LSD is the most brilliant tool anyone can ever use. This experience I share with you from the deepest regions of my heart and soul.

I hope it has given you some information you find useful at some moment in your life.
If there is anything you have a question on, feel free to ask.

Special K

P.S. I will share with you the only picture I was able to take while at the amusement park. I took it with my shitty ass camera on my phone.
It was once we had finished riding all 3 rides, and were sitting on the bench starring at the people and fractals of color.

mh4vwy.jpg

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
Sounds awesome. It always felt like the most insane thing to do without getting stupid, taking acid in an amusement park.
I think I'm going to try a ride too this summer ;)

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
Well, I wish you the best of luck my friend! It's definitely a life changing, beautiful experience. Be careful, be safe, and have a blast!

Special K

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Myself I'm way more passive and introverted during trips but I did enjoy reading your report. You definitely learnt keeping the head cool without going further into loops if unnecessary. It requires cautious and fast judgement, you graduated impeccable in this. Congrats. :D

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Yes, nicely written report, though I'm generally against taking challenging doses of psychedelics in public places, particularly places where there are children around. I've done acid in an amusement park once, but it was only one hit combined with some MDMA. A memorable day for sure.

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
MDMA can seriously weaken a psychedelic trip in a favoured way, serious trippers may find it makes their trip superficial and blunt, if not even disturbing. With M, you'll have to drink often a little bit to maintain sensing proper relaxtion.

Don't overlook the physical aspects, the CNS, veins, blood, heart, liver, you name it in order to avoid certain situations in where one gets a seizure because of an OD of severe stress and poor condition. Acid is relatively safe but hardcore with the its palpitations during lots of external incoming fractals and photoflights in an Amusement Park. MDMA is at a much higher risk for becoming dangerous if it turns you physically hot. Hot not to be taken literally. :p

Symmetrical World may be suicide if sought untaught, it depends on the heart I suppose, you better train your heart for powerful beats folks!

S

Styloplume

Invité
Thanks a lot for the TR.

I remember the best concert of my lifef on DXM and I 50 % understand the way you felt understanding everything and enjoying every little moment fearless like a child. The remaining 50 % are cause I still couldn't totally free myself from adult thoughts.

Thanks a lot. A good school to enjoy the everyday life better.

G

Invité
A nice trip report, but I can't really agree with you taking the car while still under the influence of acid.

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
I agree with the whole car thing.
We make it a point NEVER to drive while under the influence of LSD, period.

We were coming down by the point at which we were driving....even so, I almost regret doing it.

However, you don't comprehend how much we NEEDED to get home.
It was so necessary, that driving almost wasn't an option, if you can understand that.

I never would recommend to ANYONE to ever drive on LSD, even if coming down.

It was foolish, however, I reported it simply because it was truthfully what we did.

Special K

G

Invité
Trust me, I'm not an angel neither when it comes to this, I also had a couple of very foolish time.

I guess what we can do to avoid those is to make some arrangements beforehand (have a sober friend picking you up maybe? or go with the bus if you can manage to do it).

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
Well, we learned our lesson after that one.

We recently went and saw "Alice in Wonderland" at the IMAX on 5 hits of LSD and this time we took a taxi. :)

So, preparations are key, yes. And part of the experience as a whole is learning from previous mistakes.

I'm just thankful no one got hurt, and we didn't get into major trouble, legally that is.

C

cwgumby

Invité
I joined this board just to respond to your story. It was awesome.

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
cwgumby a dit:
I joined this board just to respond to your story. It was awesome.

Thats awesome! Thanks for the comment!

It just so happens I joined the board to write the story!
It was a brilliant experience that I needed to share with...well...anyone I could.

:)

_Avatar_

Banni
Inscrit
19 Jan 2010
Special K a dit:
We recently went and saw "Alice in Wonderland" at the IMAX on 5 hits of LSD and this time we took a taxi. :)
It always amazes me how differently people respond to LSD. I took 5 hits of acid last year and was just crawling on the floor for several hours, my consciousness flooded with internal imagery and mystical insights. I can't imagine what it would have been like to go to a theater in such a state of mind. Wouldn't a single hit (100 ug or so) suffice to enhance such externalized activities?

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
_Avatar_ a dit:
Special K a dit:
It always amazes me how differently people respond to LSD. I took 5 hits of acid last year and was just crawling on the floor for several hours, my consciousness flooded with internal imagery and mystical insights. I can't imagine what it would have been like to go to a theater in such a state of mind. Wouldn't a single hit (100 ug or so) suffice to enhance such externalized activities?[/quote:9ma3ki5j]

DIfferent people most certainly respond to LSD in different ways. Ive had many different types of LSD from different states and different places. Hippie-Festivals etc...

However, I only get a true LSD experience when I do more than 4 hits. Period. No exceptions. Any less than 4 and I dont experience "the purge". My best friend, who I went to the amusement park with and the IMAX theatre with cant experience a true LSD trip without 4 as well. Ive done 1 and a half hits before, and Ive done 2 and a half hits before. And it just doesnt work out for me. I dont know why really.

I also am positive I am not just getting low dose acid. Most of the time Ive gotten actual laboratory acid, because someone I was dating had cousins called "the earth children" who actually made their own acid in a lab in colorado. So, he hooked me up with extremely high potent hits.

Also, Ive tried white fluff on multiple occassions.

Actually, I was on white fluff when I went to the IMAX. The funny thing is, Alice in Wonderland was ABSOLUTELY hilarious. But the best part of that trip was when we took the taxi ride to our hotel. We put on sound proof headphones, and listened to some beautiful "Jesca Hoop" music while we stared out the window. It was truly breathtaking.

Also, we've completely decided that (for us at least) the PERFECT amount to do in public in 5 hits.

I hope that answers your question.

Special K

haikucigarette

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Mai 2010
Yeah, my first and only experience with acid was amazing but it got way overwhelming when i was peaking and i got trapped in one of those relentless thought loops where an image repeats itself infinite times at an overpowering rate. after a short while, this repeated image subtly formed a bleak and desolate labyrinthine landscape of walls and domes and things but the repeated, high speed image still moved along these walls. it was like the image was light projected all around me. i could also visibly SEE images of thought patterns and each specific thought had its own unique shape or design, sort of like a DNA strand. This onslaught of thought patterns was probably the most intensely uncomfortable and frightening feeling i've ever experienced and it was what i'd imagine hell is like (assuming hell exists). While in this eternal dejavu i wanted nothing more than to experience what it was like to be normal again and i had forgotten what normality was like. it felt as if my entire life's purpose was to be the loop. all i ever knew was the loop. this particular dimension i was trapped in was merciless, mean-spirited, and hopelessly chaotic. It seemed that everything that occured in this stratosfear was needlessly confusing and indecipherable and the only interpretation it offered was the pointlessness of existence.

while i experienced this i was in mental agony but in retrospect i am deeply fascinated and obsessed with this realm of madness and desperately want to revisit it. it's amazing how powerful the mind is.

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
chewupablotter a dit:
Taking Lsd in an amusement park is my idea of hell

On the contrary.

Taking LSD in an amusement park was heaven.

Though horrifying, the experience within itself was beautiful, life changing, breathetaking and marvelous.

Even though Im an atheist, I would say I experienced what was closest to heaven as any person can get.

That horrifying yet beautiful experience.
It was as if I awoke from a dream.

S

Swimming~Sea~Turtle

Invité
Dude, first let me say this is a damn good post. Well done.

Now, let me say THANK YOU! A really big County Fair is coming up where i live, and ive been planning on taking 2 tabs for it, but kept worrying about whether it'd be too much, if the rides would scare me, etc. And i know each experience is unique to the individual, but reading your post has definitely put my mind at ease, i cant say thank you enough for what reading your post did fro me :))

Happy Tripping Brother!

Special K

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Avr 2010
Swimming~Sea~Turtle a dit:
Dude, first let me say this is a damn good post. Well done.

Now, let me say THANK YOU! A really big County Fair is coming up where i live, and ive been planning on taking 2 tabs for it, but kept worrying about whether it'd be too much, if the rides would scare me, etc. And i know each experience is unique to the individual, but reading your post has definitely put my mind at ease, i cant say thank you enough for what reading your post did fro me :))

Happy Tripping Brother!

I wish you the best of luck my friend!

You should write a trip report about the experience once youve done it!

Happy tripping!