Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

LSD and death metal

polska224

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2010
Just did one tab of some pretty decent stuff, been tripping for about 2-3 hours now. I know my friends tell me not to listen to death metal when I fry, but I just put some on and its fucking amazing.

I dont recommend this for beginner trippers or people who dont like death metal to begin with, but if there are any of you here, its an excellent choice :wink:

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
That, I would imagine, would put 99.9% of people on a dark trip.

Listening to this stuff for prolonged periods of time on LSD will probably harm you mentally, Most of its very angry as tho it incites rage within the listener.

What makes you listen to this style of music when tripping? Also, Are you alone?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
An absolutely horrible choice of music, even when you aren't tripping.

Imagine your psyche as an eye, and imagine that this eye is dilated, (because thats what you're doing to your mind, dilating it on LSD) now imagine looking at the sun.....

You are DAMAGING yourself.

Listen to the advice you are being given, because you obviously don't know what you are doing.

Put the matches down.

G

Invité
It all goes down to what you're used to.

Me and my friends were big listeners of (also) death metal as kids, so now when we're dropping acid we don't mind going from jefferson airplane to morbid angel.

Eventhough it's not death, Slayer is a big classic for our lsd-trip as well.

Personal taste, again.

polska224

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2010
First of all, can we establish that opinion DOES NOT EQUAL FACT? Please? Just because you dont like death metal doesnt make it a good style of music.

Yeah, I was alone, which I do normally because I prefer tripping (in small doses) alone. Theres no pressure, I am in complete control of my surroundings (ie no one is there to change the music), and I can just sit there and read/think/sketch.

And the thing about death metal when I trip is definitely its speed and intensity. Double bass pedals blasting, tremolo picking, some good death growls, and fast time changes...its all very complex, I like dissecting it. (Tiax, if you like drumming, I recommend Dimmu Borgir, pretty much anything off Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia....Nicholas Barker is godly) And the thing about my mind being damaged by death metal? I am offended that people think that just because I listen to death metal, Im an arsonist and jack off to rotten.com. Im actually a semi-decent person.

G

Invité
polska224 a dit:
(Tiax, if you like drumming, I recommend Dimmu Borgir, pretty much anything off Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia....Nicholas Barker is godly)

Bought the album several years ago. Kings of the carnival creation <3

Not very death-ish though.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I listened to a lot of death metal as well, today it's next to none. when I was lying in hospital listening to bloodbath was quite relaxing. also, I visited the metalcamp-festival in slovenia, which was/is one of the most peaceful festivals I've come across, apart from the moshpits that I sometimes came into without even wanting to, I always found that pretty retarded.

I can't imagine listening to that music while tripping though, some stuff is just too ridiculous (mind you not all of it) and it doesn't fit my mind very well anymore, some of it makes/has vibes that I really don't need. all this misanthropic bullshit and stuff like chainsaw masturbation, eaten by maggots etcpp.
it was a lot of fun back then though.

G

Invité
I hear you ^^

Quieter/funnier stuff ->

[youtube]BCAht19XC8Q[/youtube]

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
polska224 a dit:
First of all, can we establish that opinion DOES NOT EQUAL FACT? Please? Just because you dont like death metal doesnt make it a good style of music.

It sure doesn't..... :wink:

What we have established is that you don't understand psychedelics, or what they do.

Keep on truckin'

polska224

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2010
I dont know what it does for you, but for me, LSD enhances my visible and audible surroundings. Since I already appreciate and enjoy death metal and LSD enhances this for me, this is good.

And yes, I know that LSD helps the brain produce and process seratonin. Death metal doesnt make me feel bad, the speed and raw energy of it gets me pumped.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Dark and harsh jams are an euphoric walk over... most death metal artists think in the depth which is a comforting notion to me on a trip. I wouldn't advice the next song on a journey unless if you want to face the apex of a miserable end in which your tissue deforms and degenerates.

[youtube]dqMf3W7Y2WI[/youtube]

Cosmik_Debris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2010
If you want to talk about depth and complexity, we should be talking about Tool. They definately have a decidedly metal sound (thanks much to Adam Jones' music interests I'm sure), but their music is very complex and deep, lots of odd time signatures any polyrhythms and the lyrics are very deep as well. Not to mention psychadelic...if you're into metal, next time you drop acid listen to some Tool and tell me if I'm wrong. I'd reccomend anything from the album Lateralus particularly, but it's all good.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Tool is a great band. :heart: This also goes for the slow track's of massive attack.

[youtube]p2QoDJZza1Y[/youtube]

Everytime I see growing lianes I believe it's mushroom inspired, let alone if it's on someone's body and head. :mrgreen:

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Brugmansia a dit:
this one is especially gruesome.
having to listen to this kind of music for 4 months 8 hours a day at irregular sleeping patterns constituted the most depressive time I went through. it infiltrated my mind, I get up in the morning and there was this type of music playing in your head. I'd rather listen to black metal than that stuff.
"the apex of a miserable end in which your tissue deforms and degenerates" hits it quite well, there is nothing to add.

tool, massive attack :heart:

polska224

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Sept 2010
For my heavier voyages I prefer mellower stuff. But on a quick trip death metal isnt too bad. Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker and Slightly Stoopid are faves.

Methyl Man

Banni
Inscrit
31 Août 2010
I listen to death metal, Im an arsonist and jack off to rotten.com.

The above was all I saw in your post :) ...everything surrounding it disappeared.

Ya gotta be careful with your wording... :lol:

Jeniger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Oct 2008
polska224 a dit:
I dont know what it does for you, but for me, LSD enhances my visible and audible surroundings. Since I already appreciate and enjoy death metal and LSD enhances this for me, this is good.

And yes, I know that LSD helps the brain produce and process seratonin. Death metal doesnt make me feel bad, the speed and raw energy of it gets me pumped.

I don't like death metal, but switch it with other kinds of extreme music an i totally agree with this... it's all your own projection folks

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
love death metal but when trippin i always go with pink floyd, or tool.. or The black angels