Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is yopo vaporiseable?

adoma

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Yeah can i vaporise yopo?

I want to avoid the pain in my nose.
So i read, that someone on the internet had vaporised it and he claimed it was a succes.
But i don't want that burning sensation in my lungs!?
And since it's the internet, i thought i'd double check with some experts, 8) on psychonaut.com

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I'm curious,too.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
In theory it should work. Find out what the actives are in it and than get there melting points and adjust heat on vape to highest melting pnt.

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
I think the temperature needed for bufotenine (usually main component of yopo) was something in the lines of over 300 degrees celcius, which a normal vaporizer does not reach. This was for the freebase (so would have to powder and mix with a base), I dont know in which form it is found naturally in the seed, probably some kind of salt with maybe even higher bp than the freebase. So you need an apparatus that would reach those temperatures.

There's quite some talk about vaporizing pure bufotenine.. Apparently together with the seeds there are some alkaloids that induce nausea and so on. Roasting the seeds both before and after adding the base (at lower than 300deg) seems to help get rid of some of the 'toxins'.. 69ron in the dmt nexus has made some experimentation in this area, maybe you'll be interested in checking that out

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I have smoked some straight Cebil seeds out of my bong with very mild effects. It was nasty as fuck though and I won't be repeating.
Maybe even soaking them in like some iso alcohol and than vaping?

adoma

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
endlessness a dit:
I think the temperature needed for bufotenine (usually main component of yopo) was something in the lines of over 300 degrees celcius, which a normal vaporizer does not reach. there are some alkaloids that induce nausea and so on.t

well yopo contains N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT.
It's bufotenine (bufocarbonate) is which makes you nausea etc.
Since N,N-DMT evaporates at like 60 degrees, i don't really care about the bufo, for N,N-DMT makes your really trip ;)

But my question was, will it burn in my lungs?
I've already added the lime (1gr lime on every 2 gr yopo) and it has now turned into a really dark brown/black kind cookie.
Sooo....

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
adoma a dit:
endlessness a dit:
I think the temperature needed for bufotenine (usually main component of yopo) was something in the lines of over 300 degrees celcius, which a normal vaporizer does not reach. there are some alkaloids that induce nausea and so on.t

well yopo contains N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT.
It's bufotenine (bufocarbonate) is which makes you nausea etc.
Since N,N-DMT evaporates at like 60 degrees, i don't really care about the bufo, for N,N-DMT makes your really trip ;)

But my question was, will it burn in my lungs?
I've already added the lime (1gr lime on every 2 gr yopo) and it has now turned into a really dark brown/black kind cookie.
Sooo....

I can cite you several sources that talk about the major active constituent to be bufotenine. DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are generally only found in trace amounts, together with a bunch of other alkaloids.

And no, bufocarbonate, or calcium bufotenate, is a purely speculative product who's existence has been questioned again and again. Show me one peer-review published paper or any trustable information on it.

The idea that bufotenine is the toxin has also been shown wrong by several researchers and psychonauts around: Purified bufotenine seems to be highly psychedelic (though I havent tried it myself yet, no time for extraction now).

But if you are interested in dmt, why not just extract it yourself? There are even nature-friendly teks using limonene as a solvent.

In any case, try it... I think very few things while vaporized will hurt much the throat. I know of reports of people smoking yopo seeds, so I guess vaporizing wont kill ya if you know what I mean :D

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I beleive there are 2 types of Yopo the main one being the most popular one, and the 2nd one is Cebil.
As far as I'm aware the first one, that I can't remember the name of for the life of me, contains far more DMT/5meo while, Cebil contains mostly Bufotenin.
Shulgin actually wrote up a report on Bufotenin, and not everyone can be asked to do an extraction. :p

adoma

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
OK i vaporised it yesterday and it did no harm to my lungs :)

But GODDAMN what a disgusting vapour, YUCK !!!
And the smell and stuff just sticks to you lungs, which keeps you nausea.
It smells like you roasted your own lungs together with some plastic, some fish and some filthy dead dog!

No, i would rather snort like 5 seeds, then ever to vaporise even one seed ! :lol:

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
:lol: But did it have any effect or did you stop after the first inhalation?

adoma

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
restin a dit:
:lol: But did it have any effect or did you stop after the first inhalation?

No i'm diehard (stoopid) 8)
I used a vapo-bowl http://*******.nl/headshop/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapobowl/
The first tokes were nice, but maybe because almost nothing vaped.
The first tokes made me happy :) but i wanted to hallucinate, so i went on and made it really hot with my vaporizer. (endlessness was right!)
And then i hitted the jackpot. :lol:
The vapour was hot, thick and disgusting, so my reaction was to cough, but that was more becuase i was afraid of burning my lungs with the temprature or the substance.
But since i'm hard-headed and a bit stoopid, i kept going.
I took 2 tokes and then i got the nausea and elevated blood pressure.

I then stopped because it was just to damn disgusting!
The first thing i did when i got home, was vaporizing a lot of peppermint :)
And now i'm addicted to peppermint...

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
lol

Hmm only nausea and blood pressure? Doesn't sound attractive :D And pity your vaporizer hasn't got the temperature showing.